MT Stealth Scrogs a Solo Photo BF Blue Cheese

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MonkeyTime, May 21, 2015.

1. Here we go people, first diary here on CG, lovin' this place so far!

This will be my first Photo grow as well as scrog, we have a single Feminized Photo Barney's Farm Blue Cheese:

Orientation: Feminised
    Type: Indica
    Genetica: Big Buddha Cheese x Blueberry
    Yield: Optimum Indoor. 500gr/m2
    Height: 55 - 65cm
    Flowering Time: 55 to 65 days
    Harvest Time: End September
    THC: 18%
    CBD: 1.4%

The famous Skunk #1 "Cheese" pheno bred through the original Blueberry line.
    Easy to grow.
    Yields maximum with a pronounced skunky-cheese aroma and taste.
    This plant grows short and stocky with strong side branches of resin filled buds.
    The effect is powerful, stony and comforting.

We're working in a converted refrigerator, I've made a few modifications since the last grow, mostly the rez and taking out the bottom shelf.

20150411_162556s.jpg

Equipment:
    4" Extraction fan and CF
    2 x Advanced Platinum DS100 11 Band LED lights
    3.5" Fan
    2 x 4" Filtered/Passive intakes
    10 Gal Bucket (about 38L, can get about 18L of water in)
    Mini Arctica Water Cooler
    AutoPilot APCETHD Environmental Controller (Humidity, Heat, CO2)

Nutes will be:
    AN PH Perfect Sensi Grow/Bloom
    AN B-52
    AN Voodoo Juice
    AN Big Bud
    AN Overdrive
    AN Piranha
    AN Tarantula
    AN Nirvana
    AN Bud Candy
    AN Sensizym
    AN Flawless Finish
    CaliMagic (cal/mag)

A large assortment of other additives, testers, etc.

Here she is a sproutin' April 7th

20150407_142940s.jpg

Here is what I'm calling day 1, April 9th

20150409_173711s.jpg

She's stretching a bit more than I'd like, but I'm not complaining.

Water is at 19C, 0.3 from 0.0 with Cal/Mag only then 1ml Voodoo Juice per L to get her started.

Air has been a constant 24C with Humidity about 55%, Rez is a constant 18-19C.

I'm back in the game!

Healthy green all,

MT

2. This second post will get us all up to date.

Roots are from two days ago, hate lifting the cover with the screen in place!

20150519_152545s.jpg

Here she is rammed under the screen. Got a rez change and some major defoliation going on tonight after the kids leave for the night! (and a bowl or three [​IMG] )

20150520_163943s.jpg

Healthy green all!

MT

3. Welcome aboard useeme, got your choice of seats, we're just getting to the fun parts so grab a goodun' !

4. Cool little setup!

5. Thanks crankz! Sometimes I think it's a bit cramped, but it's convenient as hell!

6. Looks good Monkey,,the fridge is awesome.. I used to do hydro a while ago..till mother nature woke me up..now its all about sustainable
    living soil.

7. #8 MonkeyTime, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
    I could see myself heading in that direction, but just getting into growing and would like to put a few successful grows under my belt dwc style before switching and trying something else!

Actually, once I make the room, I could see myself with a few grows, all different styles, always giving myself something to putz with.....hello, my name is MT, and I'm a putzer!

8. Whats your weight with soil??

9. like meaning yield or pot size..the pots are 5 g fab pots.. and the yield on this closet is yet to be determined..wish i can answer this better. its 2'x4.6' x 8' 360w 2 panels
    so this is what im guessing  5 oz  or more these 2 bushes grew like a beast

10. Day 12 Bloom

I think the defoliation the other night has slowed her down a bit, not concerned, just making notes to myself.

Found her with everything in place, water at 18.5C, 2.0EC (always sounds high to me, but these AN seem to be taken in stride). Air at 24C and the humidity got up to 65% when I opened her up right after lights on. Will be looking at putting the speed controller back in line with the fan and keeping that on 24/7 to keep the humidity down. She's drinking 2-3L a day and sweating it out like a champ!

I'd like to see some hairs coming out, but not sure after all the leaves I took and only being day 12 of flip, that I should be expecting them.......

Pretty convinced I don't have bugs and it's just where I've bent her around, but will keep and eye on that as well.....

Couple of current pics from this morning

20150524_115513.jpg

20150524_115546.jpg

Starting to think that auto's fit into my schedule better, all this lights off and keeping dark stuff is for the birds! That and my inexperience with photos has me feeling less than confident.

Happy Sunday all and healthy green,

MT

11. Yeah defoliating does slow down growth,,, especially with autos and there short life span,, not enough time to recuperate,,, just cut off tips or tuck leafs ,,, in my experience,,,lol

12. Haven't tried cutting tips of fans, I see you doing some like that. I've been tucking under and of course took pics this morning before tucking, was still having my coffee and not thinking... and I'm a guy, so I try not to plan and see where it takes me, then fix it! [​IMG]

13. if I have a nug that is shadowing a leaf, I tuck the nug behind it so the leaf gets all the light 

Looking good MonkeyTime, I like the fridge set up 

14. Thanks GG, stop in anytime!

15. Update time, Day 15 from flip

Did a complete rez change today, going to try and do them weekly on Wed or Thur.

We're getting a bit too humid in there, she's still drinking 2-3L/day and sweating it out to get it up to about 80% when I checked in on her tonight. Will try and get the speed control in line and keep the fan on low all the time and see what it does then. Might have to add a heater in here too, I'm in my basement and temps are only 70F/21C, pretty low for that humidity [​IMG]

Smells starting to get stronger, another reason to keep the fan running with neg pressure/cf.

Roots are looking great and taking up a ton of rez space, can only get about 14L in there before I'm 1/2 way up the pot. 

20150527_183535.jpg

Before tucking......

20150527_173616.jpg

After in the LED glow, she's packed in there good!

20150527_185059.jpg

Guessing I'm 8-9 weeks flowering time with her and this starts week 3, so the fun is just getting started here boys and girls!

On a side note, popped a sleestack skunk freebie from Herbies to put outside and it almost looks like the tap root is coming out/up [​IMG]  haven't seen this before. Any thoughts?

20150527_173532.jpg

Healthy green all,

MT

16. Looking beautiful!

17. That's how you stock a fridge! 

18. Just a quick little update...

She's started her stretch and the poor screen is packed. I'm actually a little worried about humidity, it's up 75-80%.

Been looking at an upgrade or two, first a tent. A secret jardin dark room twin 120x120, anyone have any experience with them or their lodges?

And of course with more space, more light! Mars Hydro II 900 or one of the new Sun lights. Haven't decided if the light is in the budget this month, but I'm sure it can't be far off lol!

19. Quik question,, when should i start flushing in flower?