When will weed be legal???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by USMC4/20, May 21, 2015.

1. Probably earlier than a lot of people would think. I reside in GA, typically a conservative state. The movement toward legalization here is growing and having significant impact in the state capitol as we speak. We're seeing people from all walks of life beginning to come together to insist on legalizing cannabis, and better definitions are starting to be used to help separate the idea of marijuana and drugs in general. Which is good. I also read recently that a conservative christian in Texas has worked on pushing a bill through the Texas House of Representatives, citing his christian beliefs as the main reason for fighting for legalization. I think it's time for the cannabis community to learn better ways to reach out to the community of faith. We might be surprised at the results. Overall, back to GA, Governor Deal signed a limited medical bill into law. It's a tiny first step, but a surprising one and a good one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You must be an idiot. You don't inject weeds. Your friend became addicted because he Chose to inject an addictive drug. Don't blame it on weed, the Feds have repeatedly tried to classify weed as a gateway drug. Which current research denies. You sound like a DEA agent. Get out of the ring; you've already lost the fight!

3. #83 Jane_Bellamont, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
    If weed had been legal, I would have probably never even tried it, let alone cared about its existence - anymore than I care about the existence of salvia divinorum or kava.. or stinging nettles, for the matter. It's the fact that it's illegal that makes it so exciting to learn about, and indulge in. It's what makes marijuana plants look so magical and ethereal. It's the Forbidden Fruit.

So yeah.. thank god for prohibition, in a way..

When will weed be legal? Well.. the reason weed is illegal in the first place is because it's not as popular as alcohol. Alcohol prohibition was only lifted because there was a high demand for hooch. If the moral crusaders had it their way - nothing that is enjoyable would be legal to this day.. but because so many voting citizens enjoy these vices, it is hard to get them to approve laws that take these freedoms away from them.

4. You have to get a president with the will to do it and they'll be unpopular with a LOT of people, so they'll need a lot of support from voters to get it done. If your next president is a Republican, you'll be waiting a VERY long time. In fact, things may even regress in legal states because they may crack down. If you really want this, 2016 is no time for apathy, so you'd better not stay home on Election Day.

When it comes to change, Obama has been the president with the most courage yet. He did health care and came out in favour of same-sex marriage. I don't think many of you appreciate just how big those strides were and just how big a missed opportunity his presidency has been. Most of you don't come from the era I do. I was born soon after LBJ took office. I've seen Ronald Reagan's war on drugs and Anita Bryant's war on homosexuals. A lot of you act like health care and same-sex marriage were inevitable, but from my perspective, seeing that in your country is like a mountain got moved and that makes Obama a miracle worker. Chances are, he would have done this for you too if you were really behind him.

If you want your president to get things done, you have to support them in every election, not stack Congress against them because you've grown impatient.

The bottom line is that when or if cannabis will ever be legal federally in the U.S. is entirely up to you, the American voters. Stop expecting others to do it all for you and complaining when it doesn't happen.

If you want it, get to the polls, make it happen, and stay the course.

We elected our pro-legalization Prime Minister in Canada by a landslide with a higher voter turnout, so it can be done.

You just have to want it bad enough!

• Like Like x 3
  5. You are a wise man ( and a half ) haha

" Most people leave this earth wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem " - Ronald Reagan

Psalms 25;4 show me your ways o'Lord teach me your paths "