When will weed be legal???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by USMC4/20, May 21, 2015.

1. I don't mean illegal but small grows home grows a being banned. They are leaving it up to the counties and they want nothing to do with growing.
    Hell the emerald triangle just had 11000 legal plants ripped out of the ground the past 2 days.
    1k fines for every plant. Shit it getting real bad.
    But hey. It legal right. Smh

2. Home grows are being banned in CO?

3. Most of the counties. Yes. Same thing in ca. The state left it up to the counties and they are banning them.

4. You got a source for that, I'm to lazy to google it. It seems like if they can ban home grows in your private residence, then they could also ban personal possession. The law is the law, so it seems what they are doing is illegal, if it;s true.

5. #45 Sgtstadanko707, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    Source. I am living it. 50 Sq ft max for me now. Over 500 compliance checks in the past 3 months in my countie. Google the raids that just took place in the emerald triangle. I my self em to lazy to do it.
    The state already said it is leagl for the counties to do it. Went to the state supreme court last year.

6. #46 Green Wizard, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    I haven't seen anywhere about CO counties banning home grows. There's been like 24 counties banning retail sales however, and that's totally legal for them to do so under 64.

But about you're situation, sounds like you guys have some campaigning to do for your cause. I got a list of all the initiatives going for 2016 in CA. Like 5 or 6 of them. It's in the legalization section. I'll find a link.

edit: http://forum.grasscity.com/legalization-activism/1...

7. Legalization won't do anything. It will still be left up to the counties. This is the end game you really don't see. Growing your own is a thing of the past all because of this great tax you all are begging for.

8. I know, i know. Death and taxes. Same ol' shit.

9. It really doesn't matter for some. Being regulated and told they can only have X amount of plants, won't mean shit for most of the growers I know. The plant numbers and finished product weights are to small in the already regulated states.

10. #50 BluntedUp, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    shit could stay illegal for all i care.

my boy got caught in jersey with a quarter on him by some state troopers.

all he had to do was spend the night(got caught like at 3 in the morning let him go early) and do some community service. they even made him write a essay about responsibility Lmao.

What a joke.

11. When gays can get married. That will be a cold day in he... oh wait. :p

I'm going to say the process will get rolling within the next six months and we'll get legal weed by 2017.

12. Local news says 86k total...idk how you want to define legal vs not legal, lot of grey bullshit involved in that. But lotsa folks up here are spooked.
    http://www.krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/news/mariju...

13. It was 11k as of Tuesday. I am sure there was more. And by legal mean every plant was scripted.
    This was purely political.

14. Legal or not legal? What's California's law regarding growing medical marijuana? There's your answer. Seems like the raids targeted large grows that were not in environmental compliance and violated water rights. They said these operations were averaging 8k plants being grown. If you want large grows like that, and don;t want to be raided, then you need a law to protect you. Right now, you guys don't have that law.

15. It's left up to the counties and the counties are banning.
    These raids were political.
    These people were all know activist.

16. #56 EmeraldCream, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
    Ok well I just spent 6 hrs fighting GC to get this post out so this is my last one because fuck this post dumping user interface or whatever. IDK wtf the problem is but it's the only forum I'm having issues with so I'm assuming it's a GC problem. But I was already so invested I had to see it through....

SO.

GW= Counties/locals vs. state...legal shit show. Grey area "legal" depends on which authority you're talking to thus the whole push for some actual legislation.

707= they aren't banning they are legalizing. Get water permits, get your stuff to code. The norcal growers? Gonna get CRUSHED by legalization. CRUSHED. Federal? then even MORE environmental regs, paperwork and licencing. You're going to have to hire someone to do paperwork with the authorities full time just to keep your bidnizz running.

Welcome to legalization.....once the CA grower realizes what's happened I expect a mass exodus of farmers to the southeast because GA/TN/NC/SC/FL/VA/WV/KY are going to kill it in the commercial department. Little to no environmental regulations, super cheap warm/wet/fertile land....legalization is going to be the WORST thing to ever happen to the CA cannabis farmer especially if we don't get some serious drought relief and like seriously fast.

Have fun everyone, catch you guys around some day but till then kick ass and be good.

17. We're getting screwed down here.
    From Shasta to sac butte is the only county that allows growing. I live in butte. 50 Sq ft garden max. I have single plants bigger then that.

18. That's too bad...from your previous posts I thought y'all had it under control....it's a bitch, huh?

19. Yep. Nice federal raid right across the street today on 30 plants. What a waste.

20. #60 enjoyandlive, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    Yet the police that pulled the plants and claimed not in compliance with the water rules? slashed water hoses and released what 50k gallons of water out.

source raid of decade thread in mj news USA