00 seeds northern lights in stealth box

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by berner, May 20, 2015.

1. Hello there grow fans!!

This should be good fun!
    After a dire false start with GHS money makers, I would like to announce the 00 seeds northern lights 75 day auto grow!

You at the back, come on, come here :D get a brew and let's get started shall we?
    The northern lights auto from 00 seeds:
    DSC_0067 - Copy (Small).JPG

These are 75 day auto flowering so I'm looking at 3rd august for them to be done :D

Put 2 northern lights seeds into moist soil today, covered over with a bit more soil and they're now in my grow box. ( information is in my first grow here http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/1353461-stealth-diy-idea-uk-stores.html

Bargain, now that's done will discuss feeding and watering routine.

These girls will be getting a transplant in a couple of weeks once the current plant is cut down and soil replaced. Here's them in their baby pots, they're still sleeping though awww

feed 1/2 strength weekly until looking good, then 1.5x the recommended weekly and water every 4/6 days or if looking parched.

Light cycles: 12 on/ 12 off monday
                        12 on/ 12 off tuesday 
                        off all day weds
                        12 on/ 12 off thurs
                        then friday night, leave on till monday morning.

This seems a bit erratic but means that the lights are off when I'm out, if i go out any other days I'll leave the lights out also.

What I hypothesise is happening is that the plants are getting loads of light, all happy, lights out for the prolonged period of time plant is going right, grow grow grow, lights back on rest and fill out.

Plants will be getting trained around with tent pegs.

This photo is an example of my tent peg training (auto heavy bud, planted 11th apr)
    DSC_0057 - Copy (Small).JPG

Attached Files:

2. We have signs of life from the 2 northerners [​IMG] yay!
    Still at seedling stage, they're patiently waiting for some grow space.
    Here's some tiny pics to start things before they take off.
    DSC_0113 (Medium) - Copy.JPG DSC_0114 (Medium) - Copy.JPG DSC_0115 (Medium) - Copy.JPG

Have fun!

3. Ok, proper weekend pictures from the northern lights, the other plant had better hurry up as the northerns are trying to escape out the bottom of their peat pots.

Just given them a quick water as they dry out quicker.

Attached Files:

4. My other grow has finished, all cleaned up now its the 2 northern lights time to get their grow on :D

Hopefully in this grow I'll be discussing a change of grow space and how I'm going to do that also.

Here we have the 2 northern lights auto now in new soil, some feed and their own personal space now that their big sister has gone to a better place.

Due date for these ladies is around august 3rd. so that's roughly 7-10 updates and photo's
    7 weeks, 49 lights on lights off, 1176 hours.

It's not very long at all, so now let it grow, let it grooow.
    DSC_0170.JPG

5. Starting to grow now that they've moved into their new accommodation [​IMG]
    That's 40 days left to go on them.
    May leave them for an extra couple of weeks to see what happens.

Plans towards this grow are: Get another box to be a middle layer for more height.

Letting them grow up instead of pinning them down, if this appears to become counter-productive then I can train them into a screen on top of middle box.

Keeping with the same feed for this grow (tomato feed haha [​IMG]), next grow will try using auto flowering food to see what happens.

Next update and photos on extending my grow box to follow.
    Let's try and keep wednesday as an update day :D

Sooo that leaves the numbers as.... (approx)

2 Plants
    40 days
    5 weeks
    5 updates
    2 s's in grass city
    480 hours of light.

countdown style= 2x40 = 80
    (5x2) x2 = 20
    (480-80) + 20

and the answer is 420! blaze it vorderman!

Attached Files: