Cat Reality

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Oni~, May 20, 2015.

1. I have two awesome cats, both cream Tabbies, 1 yr male and 4 month female.   My girlfriend has a 1yr cream female and 2 year orange male.     Needless to say, cats are a big part of our life. 

Recently I've been wondering if they see or are aware of some things that we cannot perceive.  I've seen other posts elsewhere and read articles about cats acting like they see something in thin air and then freaking out over it.  All four of ours do that from time to time. 

Considering we already know certain animals can hear/see/smell things we can not,  like dogs with their finely tuned sense of smell and hearing, and most of all, the Mantis Shrimp with its incredible capacity for sight,  does it not seem plausible that cats might be detecting something we are not?

2. Yes your cat could be hearing something from miles away, they could be seeing a small bug, or if you believe it, they could be seeing a something paranormal?

I wonder if anyone else' cat in the recent few days have done this as well. My cat has been doing it in the same spot for the past few days now.

3. #3 sleepingblade, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Funny I was just talking about this with my family.

My parents go on walks with their dogs, and the dogs refuse to go near this electric fence, having never even seeing it before. They must hear the current.

But maybe the electric boxes sometimes spark surge etc and cats can detect when humans cant.
    There could be countless possibilities of cats or animals sensing stuff dumb humans cannot.

4. My cat is a straight up gangsta who doesn't take shit from anyone.

5. #5 SlightlyStonedSD, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
    Oh man I'm so happy to break the news to you lol.

Cats see UV light so they think cats are seeing crazy psychedelic light patterns everywhere.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/pets/cats-have-super-psychedelic-vision-140218.htm

Just another reason it's better to be a cat haha.

6. Fascinating. 

I've done an embarassingly tiny amount of research on this but this falls right in line with my own speculations. 

Considering that we don't have the entire world under UV surveillance 24/7, I wonder what additional imagery can be spotted if one has that vision all the time, everywhere.  Not just in a lab under a machine viewing a specific area for a limited amount of time.

7. Your cat knows where you jerk it. Think about THAT [​IMG]

8. They've watched us do far worse. I'm pretty sure the male gets off of us having sex because he jumps up on the bed, two feet away from us, lays on his back and looks over his own head @ us each time.

Have @ it Mr. Kitty.