Quote the Wise Old Men Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NorseMythology, May 20, 2015.

1. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

- George Orwell.

2. The anthem of the American public

3. Just watch this river and pretty soon
    Ever'body's goin' to be changin' their tune.
    The big Grand Coulee and Bonneville Dam
    Run a thousand factories for Uncle Sam.
    An' ever'body else in the world
    Makin' ever'thing from sewing machines to fertilizer
    Atomic bedrooms!... Plastic!
    Everything's gonna be made out of plastic!

Woody Guthrie

4. In the end it's not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln

5. Doesnt sound legit to me, he was jealous of Tesla from the onset when Tesla worked for him and the battle of the currents later ensued.

6. #28 yurigadaisukida, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
    that doesn't sound like something an envious person would say?

It can be difficult with text but I can definatly see that quote taken out.if context.

I can imagine it being said in a jeleous sarcastic way

-yuri

7. I don't think Einstein said it either, least not in seriousness.. there a lot of quotes attributed to Einstein that there is no evidence he ever made. Like his supposed quote about the bees and if they die, then humanity will soon follow. When people think of Einstein, they think of geniusness.. so others claim he said something to make people think that since a genius said it, it must be true.

8. #30 garrison68, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015

Einstein was "jealous" of Tesla over the "battle of currents"?  You don't know the difference between Einstein and Thomas Edison?

Give me fucking break from this stupidity, PLEASE!!!  

9. Oh lmao i read edison hahaha. Yea slight difference there

10. Could somebody please review the last few responses on this thread, before mine, and tell me that I'm dreaming, and that it isn't true that people here do not know the difference between Edison and Einstein? 

11. I was wondering why mantikore was replying about einstein... i guess one of us can read and it isnt me

12. #34 Mantikore, May 21, 2015

Herp a derp.. You responded to this specific quote, about Einstein, and said you didn't think he said that.. and I agreed with that. I'm not the one who got into talking about the battle of currents.. just that Einstein probably never said that about Tesla.

See.. can you read? It says Einstein, Einstein.

Edit: Apparently I can't read either..  [​IMG]

13. Okay so from glance, there is no immediate evidence I am able to locate to support my Original Einstein quote. So I would like to substitute for this one from wiki :

14. #36 Sneaky Snake, May 21, 2015
    Erased because this thread is just already too fucking goofy

15. In Tesla, we have a brilliant man who was an innovator in some things, but who believed that he was very close to communication with beings on other planets, including Mars.  He also fell in love with a pigeon, was a proponent of Eugenics, and claimed to have invented a Death Ray.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant

17. Such a profound relationship!

18. Taxes to me is Community Services. 

I spend time away from my family at my place of employment, they then will give me x amount of money for my time. When I spend money; I'm spending time.

I understand that I live in a society with other citizens and we collectively will have to pay our dues for certain factor such as, roads, schools, police, and etc

I understand and support those collective agreements, however, If a person disagree on how the government manages the collected funds, that's his/her right as well. 

I disagree in todays world on how the government is allocating funds to different projects. Such as:

- War on Drugs
    - Military Conflicts
    - Subsidiary to Large Corporations
    - Military Industrial Complex
    - Police State
    - Homeland Security 
    - NSA
    - Embassy 
    - Foreign Aid ( Dr Paul once said, "we take money from poor to middle class people to give it to rich people in poor country") 

I don't think people are anti government, I think people have legit concerns, considering if you can recollect:

No taxation without representation,  how exactly are the American People's being represented in Foreign Aid?