My First Coco grow in 5 x 5 grow tent

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Piña420, May 19, 2015.

1. So this is my first grow!  This is what i have any help would be appreciated as i want too limit my mistakes.
     I will be growing 8 or 9 plants with 2 600 watts lamps. Plan on topping once!
    This is my equipment:
    1. 5 x 5 x 6'8 
    2. 2 600 watts digital ballast
    3. 2 4'' inline fans with scrubbers
    4. 1 portable ac 
    5. Mother earth coco coir
    6. perlite
    7. AN PH perfect coco nutes do i still need to add cal/mag with these line?
    Strain is Super Haze clones from a friend! I put them in May 15 got the clones with some roots.
    IMG_1657 - Copy.JPG IMG_1658.JPG IMG_1660.JPG IMG_1661.JPG IMG_1665.JPG IMG_1666.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looks good, how many plants do you think to have at one time? Super haze? Or super lemon haze?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. planning on 8 have 9 clones maybe will leave one in a small pot  see what happens with #9 it is super haze! old strain that my friend has been growing for long time now!

4. Super skunk x haze ? I just ordered the super lemon haze ,ak47 and lemon thai kush with a few freebies thrown in.At the moment I'm doing 8 white rhino,2 lemon skunk and 2 bubblicious . I'm under a 600 and a 400 . Soon to upgrade to another 600.or 750.

5. how does it smoke up and yield?

6. Well my friend gets up to 5 z per plant but his room has at least 8 1000watts he grows around 20 to 25 hydro on rockwool slabs i would have wanted to set up like him but my space is limited. It is a pleasant smoke you can smoke and work and go about your daily bussines it wont lock you to the couch though i smoke a joint of it before going to bed and ill sleep at least 6 or 7 hrs. Takes the pain away from my body its a good strain hard to find he tells me. Ill get a pic and post it! Probably next week it should be dried.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's a set up.!! I'm chopping the rhino end of the week well 4 anyway, it is the best plant I've grown so far. Good yeild , smooth fruity skunk taste and very good high , heady for a while then stoned. Great for pain and sleep. I can't wait to try the super lemon haze,ive heard a lot of good reports about it.where abouts you located?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm using AN coco nutes with cal mag, I did have a bit of mag deficiency at around week 3-4 of veg but I think my ph pen was reading high, I used some epsom salts and calibrated my pen and have begun adjusting to between 5.85 up to 6.0 occasionally. Since then have had no more problems besides overfeeding the first week of flower. I never used more than 3 ml/liter in veg and at week 3 of flower I'm still only at 2.5ml/liter of bloom nutes with half strength Big Bud, never more than 900 ppm. I think the 4 ml/liter as recommended on the bottle should be considered maximum strength, start lower around 2ml/liter and slowly work up, pay attention to the ppm/EC especially if you use any supplememts.
    I've been amazed at the growh rates is coco with the AN nutes. I know lots of growers who say they are overpriced and overhyped but for me they've had incredible results. I poured the runoff onto my strawberries outside and one 2x2 flower box now has over 100 strawberry flowers blooming right now. My neighbors keep asking what I did to my strawberries this year, lol.
        Best of luck with your new pets :)

9. Im using their coco line too im using a 1ml per 2L at the moment they have some roots forming on the clones now so decided too feed a little my run off ph is at 5.8 i dont have the ppm pen will buy one soon. strawberry smothies for your neighbor's LOL ill keep posting hope everything goes fine on my grow. I think that with their coco line there is no need for Cal Mag but will keep my eye on it.

10. pH Run Off: 5.8 on 5/19 just ph water
    5/20 feed ANPh perf for coco a+b
    b-52 and voodoo juice 

11. Upped the dosage of feed seems like they like to be fed a minimun of 2 times per 18 hr light cicle my coco and perlite mix is equal parts on 4'' pots i think i will add more coco than perlite on next transplant babies are starting to grow with the upped dosage.
    3ml per 1.75l of a+b an ph perf and 2 ml of voodoo and b-52  fed 3 times until some run off. 
    first fed when lights come on fed second time after 6hrs and 1hr before lights off. They are running on 600 mh temps between 75 and 81 

12. As far as I can tell there's no reason to add perlite to coco, 100% coco works great and you'll be watering less often.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes  you dont have too add the perlite but from a friends experience his biggest yields are with equal parts coco and perlite plus it is easier to get run off and flush with that ratio! but when i transplant i will add more coco so it will 2 parts coco 1 part perlite. 
    The babies are looking good! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]  Will start half dose of nutes tomorow will add pics 2 going to make my own c02 from yeast tomorow as room has neg presure temps are bewtween 72 and 82 have too find a way too keep em at from 72 to 77.  

14. Well everything seems to be going fine temps are stable! Been feeding 3 times per 18 hr 

15. Well everything is going good! Added A Tnb C02 maker Let's see if that does something.
    Been feeding Recomended dosage of An ph perf for coco Contacted AN they say no need to ad cal mag.
    Will post some new pics tomorow they are looking great. Put the temps on 85 for better c02 absorption! 

16. So everything is going fine! Plants are growing upped the feeding been feeding 3 times a day. Tomorow flush and will start feedin 4 times a day! If everything keeps going the way it is i will trasplant soon to their final pot 5 gallon and give them at least 2 weeks veg in there! Some pics of the Ladies! IMG_1698.JPG IMG_1699.JPG IMG_1700.JPG IMG_1701.JPG IMG_1703.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Everythings going good been feeding 3 times a day , flushed them yesterday! tomorow  they will be 14 days old there has been some growth spurts seems they are happy! Temps been 82 to 72. feed is 3/4 of the recomended dosage of AN ph perf for coco!Will add some pics tomorow!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. So everythings doing fine! Today i transplant to their 5 g pots added a t5 for side lighting and they seem to be enjoying it feed has been at 3/4 recomended an nutes!

19. Alls looking good transplanted the ladie's. Charged the coco at 3/4 rec dose with voodoo and b-52 at full rec dosage. Lights are 2 600 watts MH. Made my own C02 and lets see if it does something.
    IMG_1713.JPG IMG_1715.JPG IMG_1717.JPG IMG_1720.JPG

• Like Like x 1