Drawing On MFLB

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by a_traveling_wilbury, May 19, 2015.

1. Do you guys think I could draw on the launch box with sharpie? I wouldn't put anything on the side where the draw hole is located, but I'm wondering if drawing on the other sides would have any effect on the taste/purity of the hits

2. Your sense of smell is pretty important to taste. With the box being so small it would be right under your nose. Not sure how long a sharpie smells after you write on something. But you will definitely notice it the first couple days at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. i did plan on letting it sit out for a week or so before actually using it

4. Yeah it'll be fine, though be careful before you permanently change your box

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I'd read that as you wanted to draw vapor through your launch box with a sharpy instead of native or a stem..  I was thinking, why would you want to do that?!  lol

As long as smells gone, I can't see a problem with doing a bit of drawing on it.

6. You really need someone to answer this for you?

7. Yes, as I know directly breathing in from a sharpie could damage your brain, and I did not know if I would come in contact with the fumes, so I was hoping someone else with more knowledge on the properties of wood could share said knowledge. Can you come to accept my question now? Don't be an asshole, if this answer is so obvious to you the least you could do is enlighten me. Unless, of course, you are only here to mock other people looking for a little help.

8. Yes as long as it's away from the heat and mouth hole part (if you do native hits)

9. I'd do it on the sides. I've been thinking for a while that I should burn a design into the sides as I have a pyrography machine, but every time I go to do it I chicken out cause I don't want to fuck it up haha.

I'll get to it eventually though :)

10. Oh, don't use sharpie, if you're talented enough I'd suggest paint for sure, you can practice on tiny wood blocks from lowes or Home Depot for like 50 cents each. Paint will fix the toxicity factor if you use acrylic or wood paint

11. Id agree with this. Also paint would fix the issue of how a sharpie bleeds away from the drawn line in wood because it soaks in.

12. I use the blood of my latest victims

13. Why not get a wood burning kit and etch/burn your design on like MFLB does at the factory?

14. \n

They are considered non-toxic for "normal uses", meaning writing on posters,soccer balls and such. Sharpie is not meant for skin but is not dangerous with incidental exposure.
    </blockquote>

15. They are laser etched, not wood burnt bud.

Good point lol what am I thinking.  As if it's done by hand nowadays.

It will give the same effect though and look much better than sharpie imo.

17. Would look kinda old school cool.. lol 

I use lasers at work and I'm currently trying to pick a Pink Floyd logo to etch on my launch box lid..:)