Grandpas Silver Anniversary Grow

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by pointswest, May 18, 2015.

1. #1 pointswest, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    Welcome to the 2015 grow.  This spring will be the 50th anniversary of my first attempt at growing cannabis.  This year I will share a grow with a friend using a greenhouse we converted from an old shed 12 x 30.  The top and south side were removed and replaced with triple wall polycarbonate greenhouse glazing,  Two horizontal airflow fans are installed in each end and the house will be cooled with a swamp cooler when temperatures rise in summer.

The plants are F2 hybrids I have bred from landrace sativa plants.  Six plants are in 30gal fabric pots and 2 plants are in 25gal pots.  The soil is recharged with organic fertilizer amendments and EWC and will be the seventh run in these pots reusing the same soil.

The plants were grown from cuttings taken last fall and overwintered in 2gal pots under a six tube T5HO lighting.  The plants were transplanted into the final pots in mid May.  I apologize for the shaggy transplants, 11 plants were crowded under a 4' t5HO all winter and were pretty crowded by transplant.    After rooting into the final pots the plants will be pruned to even out the growth and create a bushy shape.  An IPM schedule of Neem and essential oils will be used in veg for pest prevention and protection.  Spinosad will be used in flowering if needed.

I hope to present a good grow for all to enjoy, thanks for the interest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PW

2. It is two weeks since anything was done to the plants.  This week they were given a drenching with malted barley tea and a preventative spray of neem and spinosad was used on the plants, and to clean up any insects brought in from the indoor winter grow.  Now that the plants are not crowded together in the indoors under a 4' t-5HO, they are starting to fill out now that the plants are getting rooted into the final pots.  At this small stage, they are not using much water and once a week has been sufficient.

One or two early varieties are initiating flowers and will be  harvested for a spring crop and replaced with some F3 seedlings.   The plants are showing good growth in the early stages and should have no problem filling the room by harvest.  The first three pics are from an outdoor grow.  These plants are volunteers from seeds dropped from a pollinated branch on last years plant.  They are showing much vigor and have 9 leaflet leaves already.   The plants in the GH are F2 and F3 hybrids from landrace sativa plants bred in earlier grows.  Nothing left to do now but keep the plants tied up and watered and observe closely until flowering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best of growing and bountiful harvests to all

PW

3. excellent work gramps! :p :poke:

stoked to learn some stuff about these sativas of yours..

thanks for sharing with us PW.. enjoy the weekend brother.

4. Dem landraces doe...subbed for sure.

5. Looking great, PW :wave: those plants will be huge in no time!

6. ill be you here in bout 20 years so I better get subbed in..

7. Sub'd. [​IMG] [​IMG] :pass:

8. Gotta love outdoor ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433783458.038077.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433783484.136397.jpg

9. Thanks to all who stopped by and subbed,  AW, BNW, Dekabos, TJ, Zombie1, TreeDog, and SD567.  It was getting lonely in here the first week.  You won't find me posting every time the plants grow a new leaf, but I will try to keep up with changes in growth every two weeks or so to keep it interesting.  In a couple of days it will be time to put in another work day and start training the limbs growing out of the cages to the bamboo stakes and spreading the centers open.  I will post pics of new growth at that time.  No major problems so far, plants keep expanding and getting taller as they continue to root into the larger pots.  Watering, watching and waiting.  One of the original transplants, a purple Afgan continues to bloom so it will get harvested and replaced with a new seedling before reversal starts this month.

Best of growing

PW

10. Ima newb to this site so please excuse me when I ask what "subbed" means?? haha

11. When you post in a thread or click the "follow this thread"  box in the top right, you are subscribed to the thread and receive notification when there is activity posted on that thread.

PW

12. Lmao yea knew it was gonna make me look dumb haha
    Thank you tho

13. #14 pointswest, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
    It has been a month since transplant.  The plants have filled out the inner cages and are now as wide as the pots and 3-4' tall.  The watering last week included alfalfa tea and this week malted barley sst was added to the watering.  Next week they will get a kelp tea with the watering, then nothing but water until flowering begins unless they show signs of deficiency later in veg.

The purple Afghan was too far into flowering and was moved outside to finish when it is ready along with a Lemon Haze.  Six more seedlings were transplanted into the larger pots to replace the early bloomers and will soon show sex, so the final numbers will be set soon.  We are pleased with the growth so far.  The early transplants have completely filled the tomato cages and will soon be tied to bamboo on the edge of the pots.  By the time they outgrow the bamboo they will be tall enough to reach the netting at seven feet for support for flowering.

This week another spray of spinosad and neem was applied to all plants.  The new transplants were given a topdressing of EWC and a small amount of fertilizer mix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Best of growing to all

PW

14. Inspirational!
    Thanks for sharing

15. Neem, Spinosad and BT in regular rotation.. Already sweeping moths from the bug zapper every morning and finding caterpillars in the cloner and the veg shed.. Tall and lanky when put out 10 days ago they are filling out after the crowded conditions in veg..

[​IMG]

16. looking great in here, PW :wave: those plants are going to be gigantic by the time they initiate flowering! :bongin: i'll have to get an earlier jump on seed starting next year. this season I drug my feet a bit. i'm just going to watch the grass grow and see how they do

Attached Files:

17. Has anyone used this before ??
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434305618.647851.jpg

18. It's looking good In here! I'm definitely interest in this greenhouse grow!!

I'm pulling up a chair, rolling me a j!

19. #20 SickBoy., Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
    Hey man

I personally haven't used that product.

And no disrespect, but if you would like to be taken seriously on this forum you may edit your username to something more...friendly?

Just a thought!!