Larry OG scrog, cherry popping

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by beardedbotanist, May 18, 2015.

1. Good, then we will be even... Cuz it's gonna make me retarded lol

2. Thank god. The hairs are popping out on mine but I don't have much head room left. The top of my tallest plant is exactly 18 inches from bulb. I might have to do some bending. But like you said I hope the stretch stops because I see the hairs. They are so long and slightly fuzzy. Amazing plant.

3. lmfao...i really did just laugh out loud

4. As for the stretch, I've seen strains stretch through week 5, maybe 6 on a 10 week strain. That is strain dependent. The colas will actually still connect while they stretch. Headband, Sour D, even a Tahoe (indica) kept stretching past 4. I have found the ones that stretch most are easiest to work with, besides hight, and have yielded best.And Beard, you're right. Theres a lot of info floating around, and not all is good. Anyone hear to "piss in the rez" for N? Wow!! That is what i have read several times. IME, it's all about the training, and a few other tricks

5. This is probably the best vid I've seen, and is closest to how I prune. The only difference, I leave all the fan leaves, and train each plant to have 4 uniform, even colas. 12 plants per light, in a hydro set up (coco, pearlite hempy (my fav) peat, rockwool etc...) i also use 2 levles of trellis instead of steaks. In the way I'll do a SOG will be 1 gal or less square containers (can get 75 plants a light pretty easy) 4lbs pr light plus is possible in that method.
    Seriously, this is the only vid where I've seen them train fairly good. Watch "Pruning for Bigger Buds_ Marijuana Growing Tips" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/Hp9xPEoW6a4

6. I heard a guy in a hydro site talk about using battery acid to adjust his pH. He said an old farmer told him. I laughed and walked away. Guy gave me a dirty look. I told him I wouldn't smoke his shit for FREE

7. Yeah screw that man. I'd never put that into my plants, or my lungs. Ph adjuster isn't that expensive.

8. Thered a reason hearsay is not submissable.
    There's *

9. Alright guys, only a few more days, and gonna go do a grow for someone. Best of luck to you guys. I'll check in now, and again.

10. Good luck to ya Bronx. Keep in touch. Get some sweet pics

11. Everyone is looking happy today. Clipped some shooters on the little ones in the flower room. Got rid of a couple dead leaves. Everyone seems happy.

PICTURE TIME

Good morning everyone. Gwen left / missy right
    1438392258305.jpg
    Bud shots
    1438392465439.jpg 1438392481907.jpg
    Leg shots
    1438392503804.jpg 1438392514299.jpg
    The little ones... 2 on the left are Lucas formula.
    1438392535300.jpg

12. I'll still be stoppin by as long as I can. If ANYONE can pull off an EPIC grow it's you! I'd really like to see what you can do with the methods I use. No, I didn't invent anything, but years, and years of trial, and error, along with learning from everyone (what not to do is just as important as what to do) along with due diligence, and a scientific approch, I feel like I'm at the point I can share knowledge. Besides, I LOVE IT!

13. Did you start the Lucas the same time as the others? Nice!!!
    Bigger leaves, very healthy, just all around bigger. BIG THUMBS UP!

14. Been gone for a while and its taken a few days to catch up. Really has turned into a great journal with so much useful information, thanks to some awesome contributions from bronx. Feel like I've learned so much about formulas etc I may even ditch buckets of solution for pots.

Bearded - everything is looking really great man, I'll try keep up-to-date with things here on

15. Found a pic I wanted to share. This back when I used Sunshine (Peat moss) as a mix. Grown in a 10 gal containee, and saved, and dried the stalk. It really is possible to achieve outdoor size, with indoor quality. This is off the B D cut. To this day, I've yet to see a BD cut like this. It was improved opon after crossing to ST#4

Attached Files:

16. Got the chance to take an early look at the ladies today. I was looking at the moms when I noticed that Missy has some light spots on her leaves. 1438528391977.jpg
    It seems to be happening to most of the leaves. I'm thinking maybe it's n-deficient. (Googled cannabis deficiency chat). The moms are on the GO nutes right now. Thinking maybe more of the biothrive grow might fix it. The gwen mom looks fine. Leaves are a nice darkish green.

I am going to be taking some clones next week for my next run. Gonna do 4 plants in 5 gals same style as first 2.

So I decided to do a little experiment...
    I was thinking about the whole crushing the stem to make it swell thing and it hit me... Why not crush the stem on the cutting before I take it... I want it to have time to heal so I did the crushing today and will give them a few days to recover. I crushed at the top of the stretch, just below the new growth. This way the part I am crushing will be inside the plug between the roots and the tops. Hopefully this will help them absorb nutes and maybe shot some roots faster. I placed little rings around the designated shooters so I can remember what ones it was...
    You can see where I pinched it in the picture. When I picnched it, it bent over.
    1438528921333.jpg
    Gonna be neat to see if it helps.

17. Thats interesting. Ive never heard of that before now. Will be good to see how it works

18. So the Missy mom is getting that. How large is she? What size gal pots?

19. That WILL work! You can, and should make your 45 degree angle cut on the node. The crushing will leave you with more of a stout plant, and give you more choice clones. Kinda cool. Your theory is actually a proven method.
    Are the stems on the mom purple? Appears that way on the pic. If so there are a few possible things going on that need to be fixed, or the plants health will suffer. A healthy mom makes healthy clones, healthy cloned make healthy plants. It may just be the pic, but the stems appear to be turning purple???

20. Some, if not all of you may have seen this. It's a very good tool for pinpointing deficiencies
    The ONLY thing I don't like about it, it doesn't emphasis enough on PH.
    Purple stems are a phosphorous deficiency, and should be corrected before taking clones.
    This chart is something every grower should have
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms