Larry OG scrog, cherry popping

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by beardedbotanist, May 18, 2015.

1. Pretty tidy set-up mate, nice one. Can't say I've had Larry OG before. The CFL should be sitting on top of their heads, a fan aimed directly at them from a safe distance will disperse any heat spots and the gentle breeze will ensure decent stem thickness. If the cfl is too far away those girls will stretch to try and find the lumens they so desperately need. You want them as short and bushy as possible for SCROG. No nutes at all for first two weeks, especially with your medium. It can be unforgiving if you get it wrong. Lightly water with a spray bottle for the first week, you don't wanna bog em out. Do you plan on topping?

2. Thank you for the kudos. Worked pretty hard on the room. I do plan on typing them. Plan was to top them twice. Since this is my first time everything i am planning is all based on uneducated guesses, with some reading and YouTube for inspiration. My scrog area for each plant is 2x2. The netting will be about 1ft above the 5gal smart pot.

3. They look like they are starting to thicken up at the stem. I want to get the light closer, but how do I know if it's TOO close? Would it be better to move the little fan to the side and have it blow directly over both plants? Right now it's basically blowing between them and it's aimed just above the containers.

As far as watering. I have been just using the spray bottle and getting the to of the soil wet. I heard that I shouldn't spray directly around the sprout, but leave about an inch of dry soil around the stem... Legit or phooey?

Any other things I should keep an eye out for?

Any tips on how to tell if I over or under water?
    Currently at 84* on sensor between pots

4. Cfl's give off very little heat, so you could probably get them within 5" I would say, maybe closer. Just keep an eye out for any bleaching due to the high exposure as opposed to heat burn. I don't use Cfl's so if a more experienced grower is reading, please fill in the gaps. An oscillating fan would be ideal, I would aim it at the plants but again from a safe distance. In the wild cannabis is used to becoming hardy due to breezes. Same principle. I use hydro as I like to have complete control over my nute solution. Again, a question I would ask a more experienced soil gardener. If you like reading , might I recommend Ed Rosenthal's marijuana growing handbook, better than 100 hours of YouTube in my opinion! To understand the plants needs, firstly you need to understand the plant. It's obvious you're enthusiastic by the time and effort spent in your set-up so I'm sure you will enjoy the book as much as I have. We all want that perfect first crop, truth is nothing beats experience. Might I suggest posting any questions you may have in the relevant threads with a link to your journal? That way you are reaching the pro's in each element

5. Noticed my humidity was getting low, 30%, added a humidifier to the room. Should do the trick

6. I was taking a look a Missy today and I noticed a little spider on her. There was only 1 that I could see, and I was able to squish it. House does get spiders frequently though, but I love living near the woods

7. Just put a dome over them you don't need a humidifier

8. Just took a look at the ladies and have them a drink. Looking good. Haven't gotten much taller, but the leaf down is increasing. About an inch from tip to tip. Looking good. Gwen is on top and Missy on bottom

Attached Files:

9. Growing and looking strong. Both ladies are still 1 inch tall. Gwen's leaves are 2 inches tip to tip, while Missy's leaves are 2.5 inches. Feeding 140ml to both every other day. Misting the top soil every day. Top inch of soil is pretty dry every day. Running light 24 hours. Quick pics of the ladies and current set up.

Attached Files:

10. Light is currently 4 inches from the ladies heads. Temp is 85 (90 at high) between plants, 80 above light and at ceiling. Humidity at 40% (50% at high)

11. Looking real good, no stretch and showing good growth.

12. Thank you kindly.

So I have been looking over the feeding schedule that came with my GO nutrient box. I have a question... It tells me to feed them 4 different "solutions". So here's the question...
    Do I add all of these into the same gallon? Basically adding 20ml of "supplements" to 1 gallon of water, or do i mix each individual supplement in their own gallon, 5 ml in 1 gallon? Seems like this could make a big difference...

13. What nutes are you using also would help if you showed us the chart. You might also want to go lower than directed. For example I only use quarter strength when feeding mine.

14. These are the nutes and feeding schedule

Attached Files:

15. Those are ml/gallon so for every 1 gallon of water your planning on feeding you would be adding those ml

16. On, but am I adding all of my week 1 nutes to the same gallon of water? Or do I mix 5 sperate containers then fill my water can with a quarter liter of each?

17. All into a gallon of water and you would double amounts of your making 2 gallons. So take all your week 1 nutes and mix them into a gallon that should last u a long time so maybe do half a gallon? And cut all the measurements in half. Bc u only have 2 seedlings right?

18. Yup just the 2. Was gonna make like a half gallon and see how they do. Gonna go light on all the nutes

19. Girls are looking good today. Starting to see some more leaves forming. Leaving them thirsty tonight. Tomorrow is gonna be first day of light nutes.

Attached Files:

20. Missy has a little drooping in her big leaves, but I think it's just because they are rather large.