Larry OG scrog, cherry popping

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by beardedbotanist, May 18, 2015.

1. Started getting warm. Raised the light up. Still around 77

2. What kind of soil are you using? And how do you water your plants? Or with what do you water I should say.

3. As long as your not going over 85 I would say your good strain dependent of course u want to keep you light at least 36" depends on if your air cooled or not but put your hand out infront of the light and lower it until your skin isn't burning but at a comfortable temp, that's where the top of your canopy should be

4. Right now they are in Promix BX. Looks like it has some little wood chunks and white things in it. Only gave it water. Poured a little over the area where I placed the seed. Enough to sink the area in. Figure the area around it will absorb it so I am keeping an eye on it. Waiting for them to pop out. Thinking I might pick up some distilled water

5. The hood is air cooled. I can get my hand pretty close, but that prolly cuz it's just a 600. I will build them for 36 clearance. See how that does. Thanks for the advice

6. If you poured water over it you might of moved the seed I usually spray them down lightly as to not disturb the medium.

7. #28 LordSosa, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
    All you need is clearance so you can water and get under there to do your work other than that you can keep it close like 18inch from the top of the pot.

8. So I checked on my ladies today. Still no poking through. I did notice that there are small holes appearing in the medium. Hopefully a sign of progress
    I poor a dish of water in the room to raise the humidity. Currently sitting at 79* and 41% humidity

Attached Files:

9. Oh boy oh boy oh boy... So my little ladies started poking their heads out. What a great day. Gonna start lowering the light soon. How can I tell if it's too close to them?

10. Oh yeah. Quick pics... Top one is Gwen, bottom is Missy

Attached Files:

11. Lowered the t5 light today now that they are poking through. Light is 20 inches away right now. Gonna keep an eye on them. So proud of my girls

12. Little ladies are starting to stand up. Gonna move the light closer this afternoon. I'm afraid of burning them. The room temp is about 80 and the temp between the ladies is around 84. I added a fan between them (in addition to the oscillating fan), and put a dish of water in the room to hopefully raise the humidity. Here's a little day 2 pic. I think I'm gonna start nutes pretty soon

Attached Files:

13. Seems a bit early for any nutrients

14. They won't need nutrients for another 2 weeks at least, and even then I wouldn't go above 50% strength.

15. Lowered the light a little more. About 10" about soil level. Come on ladies. Show me what you're working with. Noticed that Gwen had a little purple on her round leaves when sprouting.

16. Be patient man sprouts are slow and delicate.

17. Just want to make em happy lol

18. Make sure you don't overwater! A lot of new growers fall victim to this! Myself included for sprouts I just make sure that the top soil stays moist since they don't have established roots you want to avoid water logging your medium.