DWC Do I need to use EACH site?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ImpracticalToker, May 18, 2015.

1. Ah. I see. I'm not expecting those types of yield with this grow. But if I had the space I'd go for it !

2. Alright yall here's my day 6 seems to be moving real slow lately... I guess working on root system. Still no roots out the net pot tho. Noticed the 2nd set of leaves coming in are brown... wth ?

Attached Files:

3. I haven't added any nutrients yet. And the light is pretty far, id say about 20 or so inches if not more...

4. Roots are out of the pot :)

5. Pictures from today (day 9) I got roots :) and 2nd set of leaves making there way out.

Attached Files:

6. Day 9

Attached Files:

7. LED are OK, depends on make and wattage draw. I use Blackdog Micro-u for veg, my clones love it. I've also flowered with my Micro-u with not great but good/decent results. I use HPS(heat) now, Great results!

8. #48 ImpracticalToker, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015
    I hear ya man.. yea the more I been reading the more I been hearing only the super nice LEDs are worth it. Right now with both my space and budget restrictions ima use what I got for now... am planning on upgrading everything in future. But as of now I don't have the space to cool off some hot lights.

I think more often than not when someone spends thousands on a light, they force themselves to believe it's a great light lol. They have invested so much in to it that a sceptical view is a hard road to take. From what I see brand doesn't seem to make a huge difference when you compare units that have the same wattage draw.

If I had £1000 to spend on a light and I had a choice of a 600w of one brand, or 2x 600w of another brand, I know which would produce the biggest yield

I love my LEDs for vegging but prefer my HPS for flowering

10. Yeppers! use what you got for now.

11. A lot happens overnight!

Attached Files:

12. Hydro, you could almost watch your plant actual grow!
    Never to many air bubbles......

P.S. Listen/read  GoldGrower journals

13. Today I gave it completely new water cos the ph was getting too high.

14. Hey guys, quick question.... is it OK to introduce a brand new seedling into the same cabinet ? Will the couple weeks make a big impact when I decide to switch to 12/12 I have a Big Bud Auto seed that I'd like to add to the mix. I'm soaking rock wool right now.

15. Your seed/clones will increase about 2 x their veg height when 12/12 is introduced, rule of thumb.......

I veg for 4-5 week then 12/12

16. So basically the newer one just won't have as much veg time.. making it smaller most likely.

17. There are brown spots and less color on end of leaves ???

Attached Files:

18. Res temp?
    pH & ppm?

19. I just got my tds meter the mail today, ph has been at 5.8. Not sure of the res temp.... but the cabinet temp stays between 73 and 79

20. Will look at ppm after work en la manana