Western Washington outdoor growers (oregon also :p)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smokeNtoke99, May 18, 2015.

1. Oops forgot to attach pics haha

Attached Files:

2. I harvested this a few days ago, it was fat. :)

garden621a.jpg

3. My Short Riders are looking pretty good... they think it's the end of September. I guess they'll be ready in 3 or 4 weeks.

Attached Files:

4. Damn are both of you guys doing autos? Mine are still in hard core veg. They are just starting to show the slightest signs of wanting to begin to flower

5. Yes, the Short Riders are autos. My "Papayas" aren't budding yet. I should have started them on June 10 instead of May 10. I thought about cloaking them to force them to bud early, but I know myself too well... I would forget and mess them up.

I think it will be another three weeks before we see any real budding on our full-season indica plants. I have been cutting mine back, but I'm going to leave them alone at this point. They look like they'll crank out about as much as I can ever get from 3-gallon containers, and it will be more than enough for my needs. My focus is on quality. I bought a light from Mars Hydro and I was going to bring one of the plants in and put it under the light, in a shower stall with a timer, but I just didn't have the heart to do it. I want that rich outdoor flavor. I'll use the light at the end of the season though, if the weather turns to shit.

6. That makes sense. I think mine are also about 3 weeks out from actual flowering

7. Hey washington blades! How are your ladies liking this rain we are having today and yesterday? Mine seem to be enjoying to cool down quite a bit! :D

8. #130 Mariganja, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
    Hello, fellow botanists!
    Western Washington has been having great weather, but these last couple of days feel like fall-time.
    I am gonna use some neem on foliar application, or some other resistant/protectant from mold, rot and mildew!

9. Hey man! Yeah this rain has been quite a change for sure. My ladies have been enjoying it for sure though. A good neem soaking probably isn't a bad idea

10. I am not worried about my indicas because they haven't started to bud yet. The rain won't damage them and I'm glad for anything that slows their growth until they start to bud.

I brought my rampantly budding autos up to my deck, under an overhang, to keep them out of the rain. I think they'll be fine. I don't like to spray anything, even organic.

I am hugely relieved to see some rain. I live in a rural, wooded area and the fire danger is off the charts.

11. I feel alright spraying organic. I'd rather reduce the risk of mold then lose flowers. But to each their own, if you have the means to prevent mold without using foliar sprays, then by all means you should!

I've had a crop go bad on me a couple years ago due to this. It's just a lesson I had to learn about my garden environment.

I've induced flowering early with the use of a blackout shed. At this point I have a couple ladies that are about a month along their flower cycle, so I am going to protect those ladies before anything unwanted happens to them.

12. Yeah, my last grow was two years ago and I lost about a quarter of it to mold. And I know from experience that moldy pot is nasty to smoke.

Probably what I should have said is, I don't know enough about sprays to have a valid opinion and I have never used any. I may look into it this fall. Right now, with my autos, I can just get them out of the rain and the weather is calling for another stretch of sunshine.

13. Yeah, I hear it's going to be getting up in the 90's come Thursday.

Should be lots of glorious sunshine to accompany the heat.

14. Hey guys question regarding my indoor set up.... Back ground, I have grown for about 5 years and replaced equipment regularly except this 400 watt set up

I have a 400 watt hps. I have never replaced the bulb and used this 400 watt set up for about a year and a half now. Suddenly the light is going out and then coming back on after the cool down period when a hps shuts off and then trys to restart.

Is this a sign of needing a new bulb? On my 1000 watt set ups I replace the bulbs every 6 to 8 months so I have never pushed a bulb to its limits.

I'm concerned about a fire issue since the buld keeps turning off then coming back on them repeating.

I'm going to buy a new bulb since I know I need a new one. But if this is more than a bulb issue I'd like to budget for a new 400 watt veg set up

15. it sounds like everything has been going well up until now? If so, then that is indicative of an HPS bulb that just needs to be replaced with a new one.

If it were happening from the get-go, how are you controlling your lighting? Are you sure that the ballast is compatible with your bulb? How far are the bulbs from ballast?

16. OK... My "Papaya" indicas are starting to bud, at least a week before I expected. That's good. I will dose them with organic tomato food twice a month, possibly 0-10-10 at the end, depending on conditions.

My "Short Rider" autos have morphed into clumps of dense bud and will be ready to cut in a couple of weeks. I'm happy.

Attached Files:

17. Up to watering twice a day with all this heat!! But they are looking great, I'm seeing preflower so probably 2 to 3 weeks till visible flowering

Attached Files:

18. Looking good! Should produce some wonderful buds.

It's good to have a staggered harvest cycle. Forcing plants to flower early has many benefits here in Washington, however the most practical application would be to force a plant or two for early smoke!!