Western Washington outdoor growers (oregon also :p)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smokeNtoke99, May 18, 2015.

1. Oh for sure I know I'm about to have to much of a good thing haha I've grown indoors for almost 5 years this is my second real outdoor grow though and so far, with out trying to brag it is going great !!

So not excited about all the trimming but that comes with the territory :p

I have to moving the pots daily to keep from killing the grass, and I wanted to avoid stabbing stakes into the pots. But if you think that will be better? I could just tie the plants down but I would still need to stake them

2. I don't think bamboo stakes will do any harm, but I'm not sure you need anything, at least not now. But frequent moving will be an issue with plants in 10-gallon containers, once they really start to bud. I have damaged plants by moving them because the buds are heavy and the branches split at the joint. I sometimes use twine to hold things together.

The challenges pile up at the end of the season. With the level of effort you are making, and with those beautiful, thriving plants, you might think about supplemental lighting in your carport, if you can come up with something that doesn't cost too much.

3. Yeah I'm worried they are gonna break themselves once the are flowering haha I grew a couple last year that got massive and almost had that problem a few times

Yeah I was looking for some caging like that for sure! I figured I could get it at home depot. You think if I don't cage them for another few weeks it'll be okay? I know I should do it now so they can grow into and through the cage, I'm just short on money right now

4. I never caged those until late august/early september. You for sure want to do it by the time they start flowering at least. Good luck, you're going to have some beasts there!

5. Looking good! As the others have stated, if you have your paperwork in order there shouldn't be any trouble. I know the sheriff in our county announced "we are not concerned with people growing a couple of marijuana plants in they're back yard, we are concerned with real criminals" Which is very nice.
    I have had brown mold trouble at the end of the season the last couple of years, That is when i get worried. It can destroy an entire plant in 2 days.

I prefer to tie the limbs up at the end when they start to droop.

Good Luck!

6. Thanks man!! I'm excited these are far exceeding anything I've ever grow outside before they are honestly gonna be to big for what I can handle haha so getting nervous about that (a good problem to have I guess)

Yeah I have all my paperwork in order, still just makes me nervous to even have to deal with the cops regarding growing. Now I'm afraid to go on vacation because I don't wanna be gone if they show up

7. Picture update!!! The ladies are loving the heat!:) just keeping them watered and been doing weekly spraying with neem and azamax just to be safe. I'll be ramping back the spraying soon, just wanna head off any possible but problems.

Attached Files:

8. OK, here's something I haven't seen before... one of my plants has pistils. This is the Papaya strain from Nirvana, grown from feminized seed. It gets about 10 hours of full sun but it gets 16+ hours of ambient light. I have known males to show early, but I have never seen a "regular" female cannabis plant reveal its sex in June. I would expect to see this around August 15.

I'm growing this in proximity to three autoflowers, which have gone fully into the bud cycle. I suppose they are producing a hormone that has this effect. Now I have to wonder if I will end up with one or more hermaphrodites.

Oh well. I'm mostly just goofing around here. Interesting.

Attached Files:

9. #90 smokeNtoke99, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015

10. so was this plant grown from seed correct? It is probably preflowrring since plants from seed show their sex

11. Yes, it was grown from seed that poked above the soil on May 15. Maybe this is normal. Most of my experience is with localized strains. I'm used to culling males in July and early August and not seeing anything from the females until mid-August.

12. So I'm getting worried about how big they are getting and flowering hasn't even started!!! I'm thinking about cutting them, pretty much extreme topping them all down by about sixish inches straight across the top

13. Well I dropped by here to do a little share and compare, so here is what I have going on this year in SW Wash. Kind of hard to get them to stand out against the blackberries. Which used to always be intentional. Old habits die hard. Anywho I'm new to this forums format. Hope the images are good enough. Hard to get the scale also but that stack of 6 inch pots and the 4 inch I had them in should help. I started these from seed in mid to late March. Planted last week of may. We had some late frosts despite the heat.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Remember you can always bend them over and tie them down. I wouldn't get too carried away with chopping on them.

15. Having a PH issue it looks like :/

Attached Files:

16. How high on the plant was that leaf? To me it looks like your plants are thriving, and the lower leaves are turning yellow because the top growth has reached the limit of what the root ball can support. I'm growing in puny 3-gallon containers and will be cutting back all through this month. But you could get one of those kits to test your soil. That's always fun. I recommend the old-fashioned kind where you add the reagent and match to a color chart. A friend of mine bought an electronic one that didn't work.

17. It's happening to the lower leaves on all 5 plants. They look super healthy until you look at the bottom sets of leaves

18. Here's pics of them, as you can see it's all lower growth

Attached Files:

19. I get that every year. Your plants have outgrown the containers. Cut away the yellow leaves and then cut back the top growth, which you were planning to do anyway. I don't think you have a problem.