Western Washington outdoor growers (oregon also :p)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smokeNtoke99, May 18, 2015.

1. How do your plants look overall? I'm looking at 12valve's plant in awe. My plants look shabbier with each passing day, with lots of yellow leaves, but that always happens this time of year. From what I see in your photos, I'm not sure you have a problem. Can you post a photo of a whole plant?

2. I know that it's a ph lock out issue through research and knowledge of my soil and nute combo that caused it. I used FF ocean forest didn't use any amendments my biggest mistake was not adding dolomite lime into the soil. Because when they were bigger I used Alaska fish fert. 5-1-1 a little then Alaska more bloom 0-10-0 I believe probably wrong cus im stoned but I know I'm close. Any how those nutes are organic but are known to increase ph levels, as I said before I've been adding dolomite lime, pushing a little and that pretty much fixed it. You shouldn't have a whole lot of yellowing until the end of flowering stage. And even at that I've seen plenty of.people with green leaves at the end of a cycle. Some N is important for bud development and density.

3. Sorry I meant flushing, and I also screwed up the ph thing haha Alaska fish emulsion makes the ph drop, ie more acidic. Sorry totally buzzed right now haha I wish it made ph go up more alkaline.

4. Two thirds of my Ghost Train Haze broke off in the windstorm. Had to cut off half the top it split right down the middle and a couple other main branches that snapped right off. Then I taped and tied the remnants back together. My Indica plant is so stout the wind didn't even phase it.

5. That is a bummer. Haze is a challenge in this climate. I hope you'll be able to report at least some success with what is left of your plant. I want to try haze next year, just to see if I can pull it off.

6. My power just came back on after 3 days after that storm. I had to cut down my indoor since it was near harvest anyway.

I was really sad and stressed for awhile, but then I realized mother nature does what she does...I smoked a bowl, picked up some bamboo and pvc and made a small greenhouse instead of being upset about the power...lol. Now just need to anchor it for future winds and off we go.

7. I'm sorry to hear that. But you have the right attitude. Your outdoor looks superb from the photos you posted the other day.

Yes, off we go, with our budding plants, into the wet and windy PNW autumn...

8. It is just dumping here! Havnt been able to repair my dividers yet, so the plants are still on the deck

9. That windstorm was brutal!! I got home from Home Depot and the Grow store just in time with a ton of rope, stakes and trellis netting... just in time to catch one of my ladies going over! I have a crack in one huge limb, but no worries.

I'm looking forward to the sun...

10. Hopfully I'll get some free time to fix my dividers and get my plants back out in the open today

11. So I have my dividers back up. But I'm wondering if I should hold off on putting the ladies back out since the rain.

The flowers are still small so I was thinking they could get wet and it Not be an isuue, what do you guys think?

Also that isn't powder mold is it? I've seen PM before but can't tell if this is or not. It dosnt rub off if dry but runs off with water

Attached Files:

12. I'm also wondering the same thing. I have that issue as well, it's not alot too, just on a few leaves here an there. I keep cutting those ones off as soon as I see it

13. I have seen some of that exact same stuff on one of mine. I chalked it up to humming bird pee... I have feeders next to them.

14. My ladies have been out the whole time... Soaking it up! I built a cover, but the wind was a no go for the plastic. Once this mess passes and I can get out there I'll arrange the plastic somehow... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441250920.486466.jpg

15. I don't think the rain is likely to cause mold problems quite yet, but it will soon. My plan is my covered deck. I also ordered some Green Cure. I would prefer not to use it if I can avoid it.

16. My patio is slowly become my fall green house.... I don't know if I wanna just leave them here or move them back out for about her 2 -3 weeks

Attached Files:

17. It depends on how much light they're getting. I'm having pretty good luck with my mylar reflector. If we get warm, clear conditions, I may have to move my plants away from the reflector in the afternoons, to avoid burning them. But with hazy skies, it compounds whatever sunlight they get and that is good.

Attached Files:

18. Mold... Found mold on 2 of my girls furthest into flower yesterday morning. They've got some pretty big buds, branches have filled out nicely, pistils are all still white.. Seems pretty early to harvest so I'm just sacrificing a branch with moldy buds here and there hoping to get the majority of the plants further along. Been flowering for about 8 weeks maybe.

19. Ouch! I haven't seen anything scary on mine, but they are only a few weeks into flower. Should have some nice weather coming up. Hoping that gets some budsAgrowing!

20. I'm so worried about rot this year! These are the biggest plants i have done outside so I'm on edge.

Also I need the yield as much as possible lol I know we all need that, this has just been a crazy year and I could really use a bumper crop haha.

I decided I will put in a little extra effort this year and if the daily weather is clear I will leave them out in the open. When storms roll in I will move them to the covered deck.

I'll do this for as long as I can but around the 4th week of September they will go under cover permenatly untill harvest. Usually around the 2nd week of October. 3rd week if I can push it,that long