Western Washington outdoor growers (oregon also :p)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smokeNtoke99, May 18, 2015.

1. Hey everybody! The weather has been great here in the beautiful northwest and I've had my plants begging indoors since early april and I think it's just about time to get them outside! What do you all think?

Outdoor light hours are at just under 16 hours, I've had my plants on 18/6, I don't think I'll trigger flowering if I put them outside this week what is everyone else opinions?

Lets get growing PNW!!! I wanna hear what everyone else is up to:)

2. Here is pics of my soon to be outdoor plants! They are in 10 gallon pots the smaller plants are my summer mothers

Attached Files:

3. Got my bamboo dividers up and now off to the hardware store to get some lumber to cover some gaps in my fence before I can put my girls out

4. My outdoor area, plants will be coming out once I get the holes in the fence covered.

Attached Files:

5. Cant get a nail gun and compressor until this weekend so I guess I wont be getting my girls out until Saturday 5/23 =/ It is so nice out I want to get them out now!!!

Hows things going with the rest of my Washington outdoor growers??

6. What strain are you growing? I haven't decided yet.

7. Looking like closer to the solstice before my gals will go out, got a little slower start this year than I would've liked, but there you go. I'm on the east side of WA, however :/ First time living away from the wet side in a few years.

8. Doing Goji OG outdoors for the first time, I've been amazed by indoor results so I can't wait to see outdoor difference

9. Are you waiting till the solstice because you are worried about early flowering? I'm thinking that with 15+ hours of light it should be safe to put mine out this weekend

10. Nah, I wouldn't expect early flowering to be a problem now. I just want to baby them a bit more inside before I let them go out, still got a little work to do in the greenhouse to have everything really ready.

11. Plants are out!!!

Attached Files:

12. I'm growing a few plants outdoors in pots in western WA. I started the seeds around May 10, and I am leaving the seedlings outside at night.

I am growing feminized Papaya and Short Rider from Nirvana. I chose the Papaya strain because it is supposed to have a relatively short bud season. The last time I grew, two years ago, I used bag seed from some variant of White Widow, and the plants weren't ready until November, at which point I was battling mold and waning light. What I managed to harvest was supremely potent, but the finish and taste lacked elegance.

I'm a perennial beginner. I take a crude approach and end up with a decent stash. The number-one problem I have experienced, growing outdoors in this climate, is that the best strains don't finish before the rain comes, which leads to compromises. This year I might buy a small LED grow light and put one plant under it in October or when the weather turns. I am off the grid, with a small home-power system, so it will have to be a small light. Even then, I will end up running a suitcase generator to charge batteries so I can finish off one decent pot plant. Ridiculous. I'm probably gonna do it though.

13. Why are you not going to light dep? Sounds easier than putting an expensive light up in nasty rain. I'm putting mine into bloom in a week or so. I want them done by mid august. Last year rain set in with end of summer showers the last week or so if August. Lots of people got rot including me.

When do people put their plants in bloom over here?

14. The season and variety have always determined when my plants bud. They show their sex in August, and many strains will finish by mid to late October. Who knows what kind of weather we'll be having by then. Some years are better than others.

But some strains, like the WW variant I grew a couple of years ago, need 10+ weeks, which pushes them into November.

I'm only growing six plants. I could cloak them, but I should have started much earlier for that. Plus, I would have to be there every day and remember. I would screw up.

My hope for this year is that the Short Rider will start to bud in July, about 60 days after sprouting, and will be done by September at the latest. Then I will train one of my full-season plants, so I will have a compact bush to put under a 100 watt LED light when the rains come. I will have at least some bud with a commercial finish. I will do the best I can under outdoor conditions with the other two full-season plants, and it will be interesting to compare the results.

I may post some photos here as I flounder along.

15. My plants usually start to develop buds about mid August and I cut them second or third week of October. Once the first consistent rain falls begin in mid September I move them under a carport to finish and just make sure I shake them off real good each morning as we have heavy morning fog about that time as well

16. Yeah, I have to do the same thing. I always end up with a decent stash, but it's not like the stuff I've grown under lights.

For years, I grew an acclimated variety that can handle the rain without getting moldy, but the quality is not that great.

At this point, I can go to the weed store and buy the best there is, so I need to up my game to justify growing my own. I do enjoy it as a hobby, though.

17. You can never grow outdoor and compare it to indoor bud. It's just not even the same. Yes indoor will always be better but that is because it is in a controlled environment. Indoor=dank controlled bud outdoor=incomparable yields

18. Hmm. I guess. I'm thinking back to the 1990s, when it was a hassle to buy weed. My outdoor crop wasn't top shelf, but it was more than decent, it was free, and it was bounteous. I usually ended up with way more than I could use, so I gave it away to friends, who were delighted to have it.

I would plant whatever seeds people gave me, and there were a couple of years when I landed a bumper crop of extra high-test bud.

Then, for a few years, I lived on the grid and grew bud from clones, under a sodium lamp. The quality was superb. The fun factor... not so much. It was just a production facility.

Meanwhile, times have changed. I don't smoke nearly as much as I used to. Everyone I know is toking WA franchise bud in dainty little pipes. Growing a bale of outdoor schwag doesn't have much appeal.

So, I got these pricy seeds. I'm going to devote a little more care to quality this year and see what I can do.

19. Had this little vistor hang around the ladies for a while

Attached Files: