WTF is goin on with theses clones

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Raverthug, May 17, 2015.

1. So Ive had the supercropped clones sitting in the cloner waiting on me to finish the room. I looked at em today and they look really weird on some of the leaves. Some are really smooth and almost deformed.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. I'm sorry OP but I laughed so hard at this one. Thanks for the laugh and I hope someone more qualified can help you out.

3. Forgive me for asking a question about something I dont know and maybe not using the correct terms. The growth seems odd to me as having only one grow under my belt.

4. Obviously they're stressed out. Not sure what you got going on there.
    Them things are flowering, or trying to re-veg...
    Did they come from a plant that was in flower?
    What kind of light cycle are they on?

5. They have been in the cloner for longer than I would like so that may be part of the stress. They came off of a plant that was in flower (thought supercrop was the term) They are on a 24 hr cycle in an attempt to revert them into veg

6. Ah... yeah, I've never attempted re-veg, but they're gonna be all jacked up for a little while. Your concern will primarily be toward new growth.

Supercrop is pinching and bending stems, to divert Auxin to lateral growth. As well as spread out the canopy. At least that's the impression I'm under... 

7. Ok Thank you. Maybe its monster cropping. Dunno. Im thinking Ill just scratch the ones with the funky leaves and use the healthy looking ones

8. I think monster cropping is taking the harvested plant and revegging it but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Hell, I could be wrong too. lol

10. Thats pretty much what I did but by making clones off the branches

11. Reveged/monster cropped clones look like that. I haven't done a lot of them, but I have done a few. I don't know if they all do. Everyone I've ever done has. I have a couple reveged clones in flower right now. They grow all crazy. Eventually it will start putting out normal growth. Its perfectly fine. Just give it some time.

12. OK should I clip the weird leaves

13. I can't really tell from the pic but it doesn't look like its putting out normal growth yet from what I see. It needs leaves, you don't want to strip it naked. Though they look funny they're still doing its job. I remove them after there's a good amount of new growth and the plants recovered, but its not necessary either.

14. looks like dr grin spoon strain, same type of leafs. I'd be surprised if a cutting from a flowing plant ever develops roots. Good luck with them

Yeah it's monster cropping, called that because of the hideous looking growth that you are currently experiencing. You get branches growing all over the place and deformed leaves while the plant is re-vegging. Given enough time they will fully re-veg and will will grow normally again 

Super cropping is as crank as already explained

16. Its blue dream and Im not having any issues with roots.

[​IMG]

17. #17 BigBowlBaggins01, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    Crank said it right. They are stressed. Either put them in soil asap or if your doing hydro get them in thier spot and start to apply light veg nutes asap. What you did here is monster cropping and it is a very good way to get your plants to stack nodes up the main branch nice and tight. Sometimes it takes an extra week to get them to start rooting but obviously you already know that now. The single leaves are fine to leave on the plant for now as they are still nice and green. Your new growth should start to clear up as you dial in your nutes. Below is a few monster cropped beauties. View attachment 1776837 i took some clippings from the above and cloned them in the below pic. View attachment 1776838 a couple weeks later and they are rooting below View attachment 1776839 next youll see the effect monster cropping can have on node development below View attachment 1776840 View attachment 1776841 and with the proper attention to detail moving forward the end result can be achieved below. Pineapple express from a re vegged clone View attachment 1776842 View attachment 1776843
    Hope some of this helps. If you get a chance check out my Journal by clicking on my avatar. Ive outlined plenty of mistakes in there that may help steer you clear of making the same ones:)

BigBowlBaggins
    :/ cant see the pics........ without them this post is useless. Hopefully they show up soon.

18. If your creative place the pics between comments and the above will make sense. Dont know why it didnt upload. 1st time for everything. uploadfromtaptalk1431969709046.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1431969745801.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1431969794779.jpg
    Continued below

BigBowlBaggins

19. I have done several cuttings from flowering plants and have had really good results with the ones that survived (which are majority). Plants are great, better yield, and tighter nodes. Don't know why more people don't try it with the aero closers!