Life has no Meaning, but there is Meaning in Life

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ganjaJeff, May 17, 2015.

I thought the appendix was a left over from when our ancestors ate leaves and needed an organ to specifically process things we've stopped eating.

It was an argument about the brain, wasn't right bringing in any other parts.

2. You appendix people always muddying brain conversations. 

Pretty sure that's what WWII was fought over.

3. life advances into its own purpose; the experience of its own existence.

4. Dunno if it was said in any of the replies...I read a good few.

The beauty is you CHOOSE to view the world as you see it. Think about it, you can come off any which way you like to someone new you meet. Your mind has a limitless amount to believe. There are things happening here, on a physical level, which we all see and can say are true....the 8 ball went in the corner pocket. No denying that. The interpretation is where we get caught up because our minds want to believe all these things. So, what is there to believe in this objective reality? Hint: life has no meaning, yet we garnish it as having no meaning, it is contradictory, it is of duality, it is an illusion, false. Look for truth and you will know whether or not there is meaning to life. Mind=longevity, past- future. It is not ever in the present. Keep on shining you little diamond.

"This is quite vague" is my thought, but I think it could lead to something interesting if you take it there.

6. Hmm,

Life as we know it is pathetic reflection of what it should be. I am not sure why we exist but we are certainly not living a life. There is no meaning in our lives we just work to MAKE MONEY! and then we die after we are exausted from doing it.... there is no meaning for us but there is a meaning in this for someone else... Who is He or She or It only few can really tell....

7. money is just a reduction of resources

We don't work to make money. We work to get food water and shelter, like all life.

Our meaning comes in the fact that after we obtain our necessities, (food water shelter and sex).

We have won. We beat life. Now we have the unique opportunity to make our own meaning.

Our meaning is what we do after survival. The meaning of all other life is reproduction.

-yuri

8. #28 helloeveryone420, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
    you create your own meaning
    snowboarding, hiking, family, beer brewing, hanging out with friends, learning, playing music. Happiness is what I'd say.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5y8Uj_GMEk