400W MH/HPS Organic

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Chesser43, May 16, 2015.

1. #21 ladyluckybean, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    If you can, mh for veg but I'm vegging with a hps and it works. They get a little stretchy but not like I thought would happen.

It's common to not have 100% germination. Good job :)

Do those containers have a top dressing because I see no perlite?

2. No, there is no dressing. The perlite is just covered in soil so you can't see its whiteness. I haven't watered them yet so the perlite hasn't been rinsed. The way I sprout them is I fill the pot up all but about one inch, wet The Soil, stick the seed in root side down and place a 1/2 inch thick layer of dry soil on top. Seems that they push out of dry soil better than heavy wet soil, and as long as the roots got water, it's set, 11/12 planted popped so far, I'm happy with those results.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #24 Chesser43, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
    I'm sure you'll notice more after I water them. They still seem pretty moist so I'm gonna give them another day. They all have their first set of leaves so I moved them under my MH at 50%. I'll probably see how that goes for a few days keeping the lights on 24/0 then ramp up the lights to 100% power and cut them down to a 18/6 cycle. As long as they don't show burns by this time next week I'll switch them over.

I'm not hoping for massive yields this grow, it's more of a test run. I want to harvest every 6 weeks or so, but with only one HID I can't veg and flower plants at the same time. If these hopefully girls do well I'll probably continue to only veg from seed for a couple days under my cfls in another closet, then put the smaller plants in with my flowering girls. Stagger the harvest times, you get the point. Basically if it works, ill take a hit on yield per plant but it'll allow me to flower plant after plant without buying a whole second setup.

4. I veg and flower in the same room. I have two rooms going but had no place to veg/mums so I built a box with T5 and CFLs. Works pretty good so far.

5. Subscribed! Always wanted to see a sog! Gl

6. #27 Chesser43, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    Well it'll be a long time before I actually have A real SOG going, but yes I am going to try to have 3+ females continuously flowering. Long term the SOG part of this experiment could take 6+ months to really get into and perfect.

Anyway, Heres some updated pictures of the plants. Currently on a 18/6 cycle under my 400w HPS.
    Today is the fifth day since they sprouted. They seem a little small to me, just now showing their second set of leaves (not including coyltes).
    What do y'all think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. They look very healthy.

8. They look about right size to me! And healthy!

9. Okay thanks guys! I think I'm gonna wait for the third node before I throw them into flower. I'm worried about my pot size though, they are only in one gallon containers (that's the only way they'd all fit). Do you guys think I'll be able to flower small plants in these one gallons? And if not would it be safe for me to wait till they show sex then transplant?

10. I would transplant first, then put in flower after transplant shock is over. I put some small clones in flower in one gallons and I won't ever do that again. I had to water those things towards the end every single day where as the 3, 5, 10 gallons needed it every other day towards the end. They didn't stretch as much and just didn't perform like the bigger pots. If you're short on space, a short wide container like a bed, tote, or large smartie will allow more root space even though it's shared plus you won't have to water as much towards the end. Especially if you use a plastic tote over a fabric bed or smartie.

Can you take clones to flower instead of putting them in flower to sex?

Third node is the first strongest set of branches. The ones below it have smaller leaves and will not yield like the 3, 4, or fifth set. You can clone the small branches and flower those in a small set up. They have some diy's all over.

I put my plants into bloom and then tried to revert back but they just don't want to and look all stressed out. That's why if you made a small box with a couple cfl bulbs, you would have much healthier stress free plants. You can root clones and flower at the same time too.

11. Hmm alright ill give it some thought. May end up cutting down to six plans in bigger pots and just play guess or luck on the sex. Cloning for me isn't really a viable option because of how long it takes, I'm looking to flower quicker than that.

That's if I'm even able to keep any of them at all, my house was broken into and I'm worried about keeping them now. Still not sure if it was random or a person I know. But I had some cash under my TV and the only thing they took was the tv and cash. Only one friend knew it was there. What do y'all think? Did I get jacked by my buddy or did some asshole just get lucky? And if it was some asshole why not take something worth more?

Anyhows, surprised they diddnt touch the plants or weed. Pissed off I'm sitting here like a caveman with no tele though haha.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Aww!! One time thankfully I woke up to my old boyfriend screaming outside that his car was stolen. When he came inside the speakers and amp was gone too. Left the snowboards, electronics, laptops. The police said it's most likely someone you know.

How did they get in?

13. Broke a window. Its since been boarded and barred up, but someone could still get in if they really wanted to. I'm just worried about the neighbors calling the cops on a robber and me getting arrested for my girls as a byproduct.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The chances of you getting robbed again could be low. The chance that your neighbor witnesses that is slim to none. I don't see too many reports of the neighbor saving the day. Valid concern you have. You could get advice here. I'm sure there's a legal forum on here for security questions. You'll get a bunch of paranoid responses and 2 or 3 good comments with good advice.

15. Thanks for the input, llb. Determined at work it was a coworker and "friend" when he let a "so your house got broken into?" Slip. Diddnt tell anyone I'd been broken into so it's gotta be him. That and he's the only one who knew where my cash was, and since it was all that was stolen well. It all adds up. Damn. Now I gotta go bust some fucker up.

Anyway. Lets get back to what your all here for! The grow! As long as I keep it I'll update the thread. 8 days from sprout and they're looking fantastic. Will update with pics shortly.

16. #37 Chesser43, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    Hey guys, sorry for the late update. These pics were taken last night, so that would have been day 10 since they sprouted. There even bigger today, will probably update in a couple days at the two week mark.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the leaves, see the top left of the second pic, are curling down a little. I'm thinking nitrogen abundance? But what could cause that in organics?

As far as growth goes, it looks amazing. Couldn't be happier. No discoloration on leaves, just clawed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lookin good still going