Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoned in public?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ismokealone, May 16, 2015.

1. Hey fellow potheads, I've been smoking for the past 5 or so years but it hasn't been until recently i could enjoy myself in public. the past year or so I've been smoking everyday, so is it just that i now know how to handle myself in any situation high, or is it a tolerance thing? I'd like to hear from my fellow stoners how they act in public and when they were comfy with it.

2. I act like I have serious mental issues and hide next to buildings to escape the dammed bats following me.

So I stay at home....

3. I hate being high in public

4. I find more comfortable and am able to enjoy social situations better. When I go grocery shopping with the wife I always burn and it makes it fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I used to do that but my wife put a end to it cause I would go over budget on the munchies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. I have a harder time being sober in public than being high.

7. Fruit is my go to munchie same for the wife so I get a pass

8. I've been a daily smoker for about 3 years now , the first year i really didn't like to go out high unless i was with people who were high as well. Now my eyes don't get red , i have an insane tolerance , and going out high is just a normal thing since i smoke throughout the day everyday. Your body / mind learn and adapt to the feeling of being high while still doing your usual activities. its just normal for me now to do my daily errands while high. 

9. being high can be fun in public, but when I was first starting out, I avoided going out at all costs!!

as my friends got more comfortable with it, so did I, if you just think to yourself "this will go alright, no worries" things go well

10. Hell sometimes I get ballsy and smoke a doob on the jogging trail by the river while a walk the dog. I've gotten some dirty looks but fuck em I'm enjoying my walk watching wildlife

11. I smoke while walking the dogs, Even had a old guy tell me that my stuff smelt strong.

12. When I used to smoke I really couldn't handle it at first. Laughing at everything; and enjoying life way to much. When my tolerance increased i cooled down a lot. Less anxiety, more relaxed and open minded.

13. When you smoke a lot you can go about your everyday activities pretty easily.

I vape at work and if anyone looks at me like they think I'm high I taught myself to just make intense eye contact instead of looking guilty and it seems like it works. Or people just think I'm crazy and go away.

14. Don't let anyone see you sober and they'll never know you're high. Yeeww

15. Yeah I would say the same thing. Plus it is sunny 90% of the time so I always have my shades on B)

16. If I can wear sunglasses or have eye drops then I have no problem. I just don't like ppl seeing my red eyes

17. I think I've been a daily smoker for like five or six years now, and honestly I've always been pretty comfortable high in public. I guess it's probably got to do with what kind of high situation you're used to. It's just completely normal for me to get high and go to a restaurant, or get high and go to a park, or get high and go shopping, etc. My main thing is just I prefer not to be carrying while I'm out and about high... But that's not very practical so I usually end up just leaving it in the car.

18. congrats you can now handle yourself better in public

19. I live in california, even the people who don't smoke, don't care.

20. I still get really paranoid about seeing people I know, or someone I work with, most people I know know I smoke pot now anyways, but anyone from the girlfriends family would give me/her greif about it. I dont let it stop me going out, if I do encounter anyone I just ride through the situation, after all I'm high, soon as they're gone so are all the negative thoughts and worries :)

I love going into the city high, there are a load of weird people in Cardiff, for example we were looking for a chilled out place to smoke a few years back, theres this little patch of land behind the museum people call it Smallmuns but I dont know if it has a real name, anyways, its starting to rain and I spot this little area with over hanging branches, perfect shelter! we head over there and spot a guy in a full 3 piece suit and breifcase is already there doing tai chi... Being high makes everything more fun and encountering these golden nugget people just gives me a great feeling.