Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoned in public?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ismokealone, May 16, 2015.

1. Hey fellow potheads, I've been smoking for the past 5 or so years but it hasn't been until recently i could enjoy myself in public. the past year or so I've been smoking everyday, so is it just that i now know how to handle myself in any situation high, or is it a tolerance thing? I'd like to hear from my fellow stoners how they act in public and when they were comfy with it.

2. If you been smoking for 5 years, you've probably been out in public before high (I'm not saying you haven't smoke for 5 years)
    -
    For me, I'm stoned at school, at home, around town, anywhere besides church-like places. Just act how you wanna act, just don't be a douche or anything, people hate that (Obviously)
    -
    In simple words, just hang with friends and have a good time. That's the best way to do it.
    -

Sent from space

3. I started out doing that. I would get high as shit in the janitors closet in junior high. I never really considered being high in public I just did it. And god damn did I get high back in those days.

4. I've always felt super comfortable high in public, I feel as if I can talk to people better. but I can understand some peoples worries

5. I think the key to being stoned in public is to realize, anybody who knows you smoke weed doesn't care that you could be high, anybody who doesn't has absolutely no reason to think that you might be high. Just act like yourself and it is really enjoyable.

6. It feels like it should be the other way around. I started willingly going out in public about 5 years after I started smoking. But mainly for pizza.

Also, I think when you have some tolerance most situations are just easier to deal with stoned, because time slows down a bit and you can think things through a bit more. Although that is actually horrible if it's a long walk on a crowded street. What is that movie where there's a drug that slows down time and some guy who screws up is forced to take it and then thrown from a really high building?

7. Just force your way through it, I will have something to do or a bunch of errands and I will take a couple hits before leaving for the day. Sometimes things forgot to get done so I've also turned to making lists of what needs to be done. I would get baked and go get a hair cut, have great conversation about nothing with the barber when otherwise I would sit there quietly. It just made my days more interesting and much smoother if that makes any sense.

8. I guess I don't look at smoking a big deal, nor the effects. But I am passed the days of huge bong rips or trying to smoke a lot. I just get to my happy place and keep doing my thing. So if I go in public I just do my thing.

9. #9 Nugagerube, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    Ive gotten stoned and went out since I've been smoking. And you waited 5 years damn.
    Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. man, i dont like going out in public unless im stoned.

11. me either

12. When I first started smoking I loved being out in public high, maybe cause I had friends with then.
    But I felt more social and open, and sometimes the world seemed like a new reality which was fun.
    Past year though I haven't really enjoyed being high in public. My anxiety comes up and the world seems too weird and unnatural these days and I really notice the bad of the age we live in.
    So I tend to get high in the woods, then I feel perfectly fine. And if someone happens to find me deep in the woods off-trail smoking, what are they going to do? No service, no one around. Citizens arrest? Lol

13. Smoking makes being out in public tolerable for me. I am not very social. It takes the edge off and I can slow down and think before making snap decisions. I do tend to forget things more these days and make lists. But that could also be my age - 50. My favorite place is in the Appalachian wilderness on a mountain stream fly fishing. ️ It's my "church".

14. You stop caring when you are confident that you can handle yourself...

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

15. Your weed experience is the main thing. Tolerance plays a role too.

In my early days i couldn't handle myself very well but overtime i learned how to handle myself in every situation. But coming of a tolerance break i would sometimes struggle in public being high.

End of last summer i took a 2 week t break and on the 15th day i smoked. I smoked some amazing cottoncandy kush through my buddys bong. Did about 4 bowls between 3 of us. Going to the store i noticed i kept looking down and wouldn't talk much.

Before last Christmas i took a week tolerance break. On 8th day my buddy and i vaped some mango kush in the store parking lot and went into the store directly afterward. I couldnt get this huge grin off my face and we saw this other guy we know and he was baked also. Which the irony caused me to have a laugh attack in the store. Good Time though.

I had a low tolerance back then too.

Other than that i'm really good at concealing that i'm high.

16. Just be chill dude, if you start to trip just eat something or drink water and take a deep breath. You'll be good