Fasciation?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by BirchPlease, May 15, 2015.

1. just thinking out loud cause kelp will make your plants branch out more. not saying its the reason but maybe the combination of this specific cultivar reacting to all that kelp.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Here's an updated picture of the crazy bush plant. She's just over 3 weeks into 12/12. I didn't end up training at all because I wanted to see what kind of crazy main cola structure this plant would come up with. So far, I think she's gonna fill in really nice.

uploadfromtaptalk1432559118556.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. FASCIATION

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. #24 jerry111165, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
    it looks like any ol' regular plant to me - at least the last picture. Has it "grown out" of whatever trait you were seeing before?

J

Edit - I'm also on my phone so maybe aren't seeing everything like on a decent PC screen.

5. Well, it's 8 years since this was last talked about. I'm hoping you guys are still around, and on this chat group. I've recently been blessed with this incredible mutation in three clones. The mother plant shows no signs whatsoever of the same mutation. I'm really interested to hear about how yours turned out!! If anyone else has information on "fasciation", I'd really like to hear from you. Thanks, Vince.

6. It is somehow more common than we can thought, maybe in the range of 1%. (?). Some people would confuse it with poliploidy. I had a couple of plants showing it. I do not consider it beneficial. It is pretty and fun to see in real life, the branches that develop fascinations will have much more bud spots and the top will grow in an odd shape. It does not affect potency. We all learn early that more buds from one plant does not necessarily means more quality. These specific branches will need extra care like staking, more airflow.
    Now when I see a new branch growing in that pattern, I prune it. But I never had it on the main stem.. guess I would top her and see if branches could grow normally. I like my grow nice and even, with as minimum maintenance as possible. I grow for quality and consistency so to me fascination is not something I wish for.

7. You all might find this interesting 1681741457218349976046603804451.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I took 3 clones from a plant that I started from seed,2 of the clones mutated,I also have this plant 16817424801848693993846554396682.jpg

• Like Like x 1