In My Backyard

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by dirrtyd, May 15, 2015.

1. Love a backyard grow. Rootball looks great! Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  2. More pics of the girls
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433636323.974636.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433636342.339294.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433636356.816984.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433636371.429815.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433636386.281287.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. No mulch eh?

4. Nice soil mix, why did you not add mycorrhizal fungi?

5. Makes me jealous, my backyards so secluded but weeds so illegal. I'm running so many watts of equipment simulating nature in my garage when the only thing between nature and my plants is the garage.

6. Possum I haven't had a problem I will be topdressing with EWC real soon but I haven't found the need in my microclimate.

7. #27 dirrtyd, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
    I feed them Dr earth's bud and bloom seems to do the job for me also I only recharge the holes and containers so I assume its there. It's in the bud and bloom the plants seem to love it I'm a less is more guy. The end of the month you will see my point. keepem green

8. Well in 2016 things may change here in cali for us. So trying to get a couple good runs in so far nice ten different strains running and no problems so far. keepem green

• Like Like x 1
  9. #29 dirrtyd, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
    The weather here in the Bay Area has changed for the good the girls are loving the Sun. Been getting about 10 hours a day lately hopefully the clouds will stay away for awhile. Sprayed with spinosad last night seems to be working not seeing anything on the gurls. got in there and trimmed the middle out seems to allow airflow through the whole plant. We will see if this works in my favor in a few months. Generally in my area the plants start flowering last two weeks of July. Will see if this trend continues I hope so I only have one plant that I know iwll start flower in August and that the Green Ribbon. keepem green

• Like Like x 1
  10.   I'd keep the spinosad in reserve for later when your in flower and can't use Neem oil.. Besides spin is toxic to bees another reason to only use at need.. Neem oil should see you through late July for mites, Thrips, aphids and the like..
      I'm already finding caterpillars so it's BT weekly till harvest.. I replaced my bug zapper after it died.. Been 3 years and it helps keep the moths in check.. Seen the first signs of Powdery Mildew on the sunflowers so it's not far behind on the cannabis.. Green Cure once a week will keep that in check..

11. Haven't seen powdery mildew in years. I hope you know green cure is no more than baking soda. The girls are looking good after there bath yesterday when it rained. Well will be mulching the girls this weekend. Very happy with overall growth of plants pics this weekend. Keeper green

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434310538.023551.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434310555.407530.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434310577.639573.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434310597.099614.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434310611.112764.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434310648.876519.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434310663.500892.jpg the girls enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. I see all these outdoor plants and they are all so bushy with tons of leaves for their height! Is that a difference between clone and seed? Or are they topped really early so they grow out and then up? My plants are a single stem with 6 or 7 pairs of leaves at that height and just wondering the difference? Mine also end up looking more like a Christmas tree instead of a round bush like these will likely look like. Even the ones I've topped don't really look similar.

Just curious what others are doing different? Great looking plants and I'm jealous!

• Like Like x 1
  14. #34 New Destination, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
    LSTing will make a more even canopy and increase yields. Tie a string 1/3 of the way down on the plant and anchor it to the ground. Gently pull a little more every day, but be careful so you don't crack the stem.

Here are my 4 AK 48 LSTd from last year.
    View attachment 1547158
    View attachment 1536818
    View attachment 1524120

Here are the AK 48 this year so far, first 3. Aurora Indica and LA Con are the last 2. They have already grown much more since these pics.
    View attachment 1795942
    View attachment 1795941
    View attachment 1795944
    View attachment 1795939
    View attachment 1795943

15. I gently train them through the slots on the square cage. I also trim all branches on the inside of the plant so it grows out of the cage. I don't top my plants for the most part. I will super crop if they start going over the seven foot fence.
    Thanks New Destination its a lot of work but everything is responding the way I want. The last plant is planted at an angle in the container hopefully it will spread and go up naturally . We will see what it does I will always post that plant weekly. Also the runt we will see how big it gets by harvest time. keepem green

• Like Like x 1
  16. I have LST'd as well and tied them down and pulled the lower branches out when they finally form but they aren't there on a plant that short.

Mine are pathetic in comparison and I'm using similar soil. So frustrating to see plants like that when I'm using similar soil and doing all the things I read here in the organic section. Makes me want to give up.

How many gallons of soil do you have each plant in? Mix new soil every year? Anyways, awesome looking plants! I'm jealous.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #38 New Destination, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
    A lot of prep work is critical imo. Eaxch hole I give mine is about 5'x5'x5'. I mixed in perlite, worm castings, kelp and crab meal, alfalfa meal, aloe vera, gypsum, peat moss, dolomite lime, cow and horse manure compost, glacial rock dust, many more things as well. I have a grow journal if you want to read up on my set up a bit more. I hand dug and mixed my soil and I also handwater. I am out checking on them 2 times a day. 

18. Holy crap! That's almost a 1000 gallons per plant! I read all the time so I will check out your journal. I think I'm going to start one as well. But that might be my problem because I can't put that many resources into one plant. I'm disabled and haven't been able to work in about 8 years. They say organic is so much cheaper but the prices I find, considering most stuff isn't available locally here in FL, are not cheap and I think I would be better off having bought a half dozen bottles of nutes.

Thanks for the replies!

• Like Like x 1
  19. It was a lot of work, just did a few holes after work each day. Most plants get the space to themselves, I have one hole that is housing two plants that are doing extremely well, and a few that are in about 3'x3'x5' holes. Last year I just mixed cow manure compost in with my native garden soil along with espoma bio tone. Each hole was about 3'x3'x3' last year and all I added was espoma tomato tone for flower. Maybe start off with a 2'x2'x2' hole mixed with native soil, dr eath planting mix, and perlite. Worm castings and espoma flower girl can be added once flowering starts as well.