Osho says something about government

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by pickledpie, May 15, 2015.

1. I just found it randomly, and it goes entirely with my idea, so I was surprised to see him saying the same thing that I have said.

CHAPTER 14: THE BEST GOVERNMENT IS NO GOVERNMENt
    \t\tMy understanding is that the whole world slowly, slowly should be divided into smaller and smaller units so every unit becomes a direct democracy. Then these direct democracies choose a Rotary Club for the whole world. But that Rotary Club will be functional, utilitarian, not based on a lust for a power. And these people will be continually changed. So this will be one government, the closest to no government.
    \tThe final dream should remain no government. In fact there is no need for any government - just a little understanding in people. What is the need for governments?
    \tJust look at our commune: what government do we need? No crime is committed. We have a city judge but not a single case has yet appeared in three years; and it is not going to appear. We have the police but we don't need the police for the commune, because in the commune nobody is doing anything for which the police are required.
    \tWe need the police for the outsiders, the Oregonian idiots. We don't want to be interfered with by anybody. We want to live on our own, and weare.peacefully, silently, lovingly, joyously. We don't need any government.
    \tDo you know what function our lord mayor has to perform? Nothing! just bumming around. And nobody knows who the council members are. They are all doing their jobs but there is no point; just once in a while their council meets - nobody even takes note when their council meets or what they decide.
    \tIf people have just a little understanding that they are not to interfere with each other, then for the community council.things like the post office, hospital, roads, electricity - all these things will be there; they have to make arrangements for them. Of course when there are so any people living together, somebody has to be responsible for all these things.
    \tSo I don't think that with governments disappearing there will be chaos, no. With governments disappearing there will arise intelligence, understanding.
    \tBecause of these governments, people have not been intelligent; they have always looked up to the government, felt that the government is going to do everything for them. All responsibilities are thrown on the government.
    \tWhen there is no government and you feel for the first time that you are responsible, whatever you do, there is nobody you can throw your responsibility upon - that triggers your intelligence. I know it is an impossible dream to have no government in the world, but if you know moments of silence, peace, intelligence, it does not seem so impossible. If you ask me, to me it seems to be very simple and very practical.
    \tGovernments have been only a nuisance, nothing else.
    \tYou can look at any single problem - for example, they will say that if we dissolve the courts and the police and the jails then there will be crime everywhere.
    \t

2. #2 pickledpie, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
    \t\t 
    \t« < 13 14 15 16 17 > Â»
    \t
    \t\t 
    \t\t\tCHAPTER 14: THE BEST GOVERNMENT IS NO GOVERNMENT\tThis is not right. I have seen communities, aboriginal, primitive communities, where no court exists, no police exists, no jail exists - no crime either. Yes, once in a while something happens, but those people are so innocent that they go on foot hundreds of miles to the nearest town where they can go to the court and report.
    \tAnd do you know who goes to report? The man who has committed the crime! Somebody has murdered someone in a rage: he himself goes to the court to say that it has happened, and “I am ready for any punishment because in my community there is no court, no punishment. They told me to come here.”
    \tIt looks like a miracle that a murderer should come himself, hundreds of miles, to report that he has murdered. But this is how human beings should be. If you have done something wrong and you feel that it is wrong, then you should be ready to accept the consequence of it. Trying to hide it is becoming phony; you are losing your authenticity.
    \tNow, this murderer who comes to the court is a far greater sage than your saints - just in the very act of coming to the court to declare that he is a murderer. In fact it is such a difficulty..
    \tOne of my friends was a judge in Raipur; Raipur is the nearest big town to a big aboriginal area, Bastar. The judge said to me that it is very difficult when somebody comes with such strength, with such clarity, with such pride, with nothing to hide. He has committed something wrong and he is ready for the consequence.
    \tHe said to me that it feels wrong to punish this man; it seems he should be rewarded. Our police have not caught him; nobody would have even heard about the murder, because for hundreds of miles there are no trains, no roads, no schools, no hospitals. Nobody would have even heard if this man himself had not confessed.
    \tAnd this is not a hocus-pocus confession like a Catholic does every Sunday before the priest. That is not a confession; you are really consoling your own guilty conscience.
    \tThis man comes to the court and says, “I have committed a murder.” The judge told me, “Many times it has happened that we have to ask a man, ‘You have to produce evidence; otherwise we cannot punish you.'“
    \tOnce, a man said, “But evidence - there is none. If evidence is needed, I will have to go back and find somebody, if somebody had seen us.because we were both alone when we were fighting” - they live in the jungles. “I will have to go back and find if I can get evidence. But when I am saying myself that I have committed murder, what is the need of evidence?”
    \tBut the problem of the judge is that without eyewitnesses, evidence, arguments from this side and that side, legal procedures - all that hullabaloo that goes on for years, and then this man has to be convicted, or most probably, he will be released.. But what to do with this man who has no evidence, who has no advocate on his side?
    \tThe judge asked him, “Would you like to have an advocate appointed by the government to fight for you?”
    \t

3. Is Osho an anarchist?

4. Seems to be subtle anarchism. Just another person who thinks that all issues will magically disappear if government is disbanded.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Must be an anarchist, tho from what I remember...he doesn't not abide by isms (obvs).

This. Is precisely how I view things. You do something wrong? No jail will treat you, your own take on the situation will be the sole judge of whether or not you have learned. you are then dealing with truth...and truth will always prevail.

6. LOL I read OSHA when I opened this and I was like wtf...

now I don't care

7. #7 pickledpie, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015

Why? What's OSHA?

8. Some Occupational Safety and Health Administration in america.

9. no. Its more like this.

Communism is the idea that everyone works for the mutual benefit of society.

There is no need for leadership.

Its like when you are at work, and sometimes you got a crew where everyone knows their job, and gets it done. And if shit hits the fan, there is no leadership, everyone simply falls inline and cleans it up. They already know how to get the job done.

The op is saying governments only real job is security, and that internal security isn't necessary if everyone works for mutualism. External security isn't required either if there are no enemies.

Basically in a full world Communist state, there is no need for a government

-yuri

10. nothing of consequence.

-yuri

11. #11 Deleted member 839659, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015

Call me cynical but I wouldn't trust regular people to keep the piece and follow rules.

Marx wanted politicians to represent the workers. In reality commie governments are obsessed with power and control.

Someone will always try to climb to the top. I believe even in an anarchist society someone will try to gain more power than everyone else, that person would then be the government.

You want the 'top' to be regulated before someone reaches it. But someone has to find a way to prevent the leaders from changing regulations in their favor.

edit : And ppl are easily manipulated, especially in masses when their emotions rub off on each other. It's enough to create the illusion of a threat to gain control over ppl.

12. yes human nature is the biggest.obstical

-yuri

13. #13 As Above So Below, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
    I don't trust anyone so I certainty don't trust big government , small government , any form of authority I dislike and I do not trust.

I don't trust anyone but myself because you don't truly know anyone but yourself. Family , spouses , significant others included.

If you could ship me off to an island I'd gladly take it. 

I dislike people in general and just want to be left alone. I dislike society and my forced participation in it but there's nothing you can really do about it and I refuse to kill myself.

This world sucks and most people don't deserve to live.

14. I can somewhat empathize with some of what you say.

Part of me wants to just dislike people but i think the better part of me has understanding and sympathy. Keep in mind everyone is bogged down by certain aspect of society (opinions, taxes, laws, work etc). Some people choose to ignore the negativity of these things to improve their sense of life. Whereas you and I cannot ignore them and wish other people didnt so we can change such things. The cogs that supress us are actively and restlessly pursuing their ends and not everyone has the fortitude to resist such consistancy.

Since we cannot singlehandedly combat these things i think our best hope is humanity. The obligation rests with us to alert peoples hearts and minds in hopes that things will be better for a future generation (as we undoubtedly wish past generations were successful in this for our sake).