Setting up my first micro grow.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by closetmonster420, May 15, 2015.

1. Hey all.  I'm currently setting up a closet grow with white rhino and blue mystik from Nirvanna.  My goal is to have a perpetual grow with a rubbermaid container that I will purchase and set up later.  I've purchased a 2x2.5x5'11 gorilla tent and it fits perfectly in a closet space I have but I have a ventilation issue.  My intake will be coming in the side of the tent which sits about 3-4 inches away from one of the folding style closet doors.  Due to door style not sealing the closet well I feel like this should be sufficient room for intake but would like input from others who may have had this issue.  I currently have a 2 foot four bulb T5 Lighting it and with no exhaust fans (yet) it stays 79 at plant level and 81 at light level.  I have yet to turn on my air conditioning inside this summer and it gets kinda warm inside the house during the day so I don't feel like heat will be an issue after I get some air moving.  I want to get an exhaust thats big enough I could potentially use it for a slightly larger tent aswell as a dimmable HID light.  I was looking at getting a 6 inch vortex s-line fan with a controller and slow it down so I can run quiet.  Would this be too much for the tent size or can the controllers slow it down enough to make it a viable option?  Also when choosing a light would a dimmable 400w HID/HPS combo be too much for the tent size once I got some ventilation going or should I go with a 250?

2. By the size of your grow space you can calculate what CFM-rating is desireable for your tent.
    You can read more about how to calculate it on this page: http://www.growweedeasy.com/exhaust

I don't have any experience with HID/HPS lamps, but I think you can fit a 400W in there with proper ventilation.

3. I wasn't so much asking if it would be enough as I was if it would be too much. I know the fan would be overkill but I would like to slow it way down for stealth purposes. I guess my main concern is if the fan is rated for 347 cfm and filter is rated for 400 and I slow it down will I lose any scrubbing power? Would it create too much negative pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum