How do I know when seeds are mature?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jumper420, May 15, 2015.

1. Just as the title says I have a breeding project going

Attached Files:

2. #2 TheAnswer121, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
    i believe they take 3-4 weeks to finish

they will look like any other viable seed. dark brown with black spots.

premature ones will be white or lime green

what did you cross? hope it turns out great. i still have yet to even plant the cross i made last year. all in good time tho

3. It was a 5 week flowering green crack purp mix male to an y griega cbd female.

4. Ok so I'm pretty close this will be end of week 3 and I've already collected 10 good ones that I found falling out

5. #5 TheAnswer121, May 15, 2015
    yep, that's the idea. of course the bulk of them you will reap come harvest

they won't go bad or anything so just let em do their thing until chop
    sounds like an intriguing combination[​IMG][​IMG]

6. i was going to say they will slightly open when they are viable.. great harvest already!! hope they turn out to be females too[​IMG].

7. Males and females I'm gonna try to find the fastest flowering ones and try and work on that thc and cbd

8. Pollen Power[​IMG]

9. #10 TheAnswer121, May 15, 2015
  10. Lol I don't think so lol

11. Beans don't need to be left on until/after harvest, we're not harvesting sinsemilla so the word "harvest" is a bit of an inoperative. Light and air are degrading essential oils if remaining with the plant when senescence is on its downslope. The bulk of production does seem complete 3 weeks after pollination occurs. If one is controlling pollination its easier to know when to take them late in flower, but if they are open pollinated a week prior to harvest might guarantee greater volume of essential oil. If one is brave enough to take seed late flower, it would help to let them cure and dry a bit once picked to detour any fungal buildup in storage.