Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states tell Obama they will increase their own nuclear capabilities if Iran deal passes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by J-DILLA, May 15, 2015.

1. Hopefully they build Nukes, the rest of the Arabs build them. Then whatever issues you have with Israel and the Palestinians will not matter because they will all nuke each other to oblivion.

The Middle Eastern problems will solve its self in time.

Then if the nut jobs desire to use them on the west...well we spent over 1 trillion bucks, thousands of lives over a decade on a couple thousand Americans dying...I would imagine if in some future time period we wake up and NY City is vapor there will be a Jihad that redefines that word and the West will effectively once and for all end this.

Why the Japs and the Germans are so well behaved and nothing like there former-selves. There literally was nothing left of either nation after WW2. Nothing but endless ruble every way you looked. We broke their backs and all they wanted to do was forget about the past. We had some help but essentially its why they as a population lost the spirit to fight anymore.

2. You're about 60 years late to be claiming Israel started the arms race.

3. #23 SmokinP, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    Go back and read your own OP.
    You are trying to claim Obama has started a nuclear arms race in the middle east when it is Israel who is to blame.

4. Am I wrong?

Obama's nuclear deal with Iran directly caused the Gulf states to seek their own nuclear programs.

Bringing up an event that happen half a century ago has little relevance here, unless you're going to blame the US for creating the nuke..

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."  Stalin

6. Israel has nuclear weapons.

Israel is in the middle east.

Israel is the first country in the middle east to have nuclear weapons.

Yet it's Obama who started the Middle East nuclear arms race?

7. The link I provided in the OP provides excellent evidence that the Iranian nuclear deal is causing the gulf states to develop their own programs.

Unless you have a source that proves your claim, I'll assume you are making up bs as usual.

8. Logic.
    That's my source J, logic.

I think you might be all hasbarad out J. I can only imagine the stress you must be under. You need a holiday, surely they can cough up the shekels to fly you to Tel Aviv for a bit of r n r on the beach?

9. Come on smok, surely you can provide a copy of the purchase order that would prove Israel has nukes?  Or maybe the serial number of the telex machine that was used to place the order?

10. I'm asking him to prove Israel is responsible for the middle eastern arms race.

You really don't understand how the world works.  What it Iran reached the nuclear goal line before Israel?  Do you think Israel would want some nuclear goodies as well?  Would you then argue that Iran started it, so Israel must match it?

Sure you would.

12. True.

Despite that this has been building up for years, and regardless of all players involved; Obama was the triggerman. Obama was the one who could have made a choice that didn't start am arms race, but he didn't.

-yuri

13. The OP is about the gulf states wanting to seek out their own nuclear programs because of Iran.....not israel (unless I missed it in the article).

Then quit talking about Israel ...

15. I'm still waiting for UN Inspectors to be granted access to the Israeli Nuclear Inventory. 

16. Why?

Israel isn't obliged to do so, unlike Iran.

17. How come the double standard? Why is it that Iran is obligated where as Israel is omitted?  Nuclear Weapons is Nuclear weapons, It poses the potential to destroy civilization. Furthermore our friends of today, maybe our enemies of tomorrow,  Regardless of the circumstance, I believe we should scrutinize Iran, Israel, and North Korea.  

JDIlla you are aware this is a very important matter that is far more imperative than the mere propaganda being spewed, you are aware we are in this collectively meaning we all live on this planet regardless of ideology. So if i'm somewhat inquisitive of a Nuclear Program that has been in the dark since the 1960's and has had many military conflicts and surrounding by enemies, I think those concerns are just as justified as an Israeli worrying about Iran, whom doesn't have the weapon as of yet.  

So if you are trying to justify your side, you are missing the point, it isn't about what side in this particular discussion it's about trying to ensure an audit and accountability of weapons that are already in existence that has the potential to destroy the planet. 

No one claimed to seek their own programs (only a talk of matching) and that was pretty much yesterdays speculations.

Even without a deal they are more aware now and of course Israel will be a part of the rationalization. :smoke:

19. Why do people act like its so scary Iran might obtain nukes? Im asking out of ignorance. North Korea and Saudi Arabia scare me more.

and only one country who has nuclear weapons has ever used them in war

20. Israel started the nuclear arms race in the Middle East. That is obvious, they were the first country to acquire nuclear arms in the region. Obama is not responsible for other nations in the region wanting nukes, Israel is.

Hilarious how Obama has become the great Satan now for wanting to strike a deal with Iran. Its all anti Obama rhetoric now coming from Israelis and their foot soldiers....