We are all God, disguised by our ego, bound by the laws of the physical universe.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ganjaJeff, May 14, 2015.

So are you going to play the "I am going to say something when you don't answer my question.. but ignore it when you ask a question" game? Cause it doesn't seem like you want a back and forth cause in a back and forth, you answer questions asked of you. No.. this is just you wanting to spout your belief unchallenged.

Also.. we are not all benevolent, so therefore we are not all God. What I am getting is that in order to be God.. you must be benevolent.. which would mean that your image of God is that of benevolence and not inward, self discovery. It's cool if you want to have your belief system.. but when you try to lump everybody (including atheists like me) into it, expect someone to challenge your incomplete belief system.

2. #42 ganjaJeff, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015

The God I refer to is the same God that everyone refers to, even people that don't believe in God. God exists within our minds and ourselves, if nothing but the word. God just is. But God is. And That is something.  And Sorry, I thought you would understand my answer to your question. No, hitler or a serial killer would never do the things they did with my understanding. Sure, we are not all benevolent, of course. I am not. And yes, "If they were to go on a path of self discovery and come to an understanding of themselves looking through the veil of the physical universe" They would realize God is them, but they are not God.  By this I mean only God is the one that outlasts the transient nature of the physical universe.

Here's the thing.. maybe should of started with this.. but whenever I am bored and browsing GC, if I happen across a generalization about an aspect that pertains to me.. I'm probably going to say something. Especially if I don't fit the generalization.. and that is what you did here. I am part of the "us".. so you're talking about me in a sense.. but I am not what you are saying I am, I am not God nor am I shrouded by an ego that is preventing me from becoming one with God. So I am going to pick it apart.. and what I see is that you have your own personal opinion on God and trying to apply it to all.. and that is no different than any other religion that tries to cram it down your throat and force it on you. You might not be forcing us to believe your belief.. but you are forcing your belief over us. Homie don't play that.. if you want to believe whatever it is you believe, go for it.. just don't include others or literally everyone else that doesn't want to be included. It's YOUR belief.. not humanity's.

Also.. one can be lacking in ego and still be a dick. Hell.. you could still be a dick during and after an ego death. Just because you disconnect from your personal desires or lose your sense of "I" doesn't mean much cause you can still either go with it, positively or negatively. Just some food for thought.

I am not  forcing anything. You percieve it as forced upon you. You are right. It is my belief. About humanity. As sure as everyone is they are I, they have this sense of I. I am more than just I. I know this because I have a sense of I. So there is a larger counterpart to I. What is it?

5. Think about it, everyone has a belief in I, so this idea is God.

6. Ohhh God is more than just I. God is nature, earth, the universe too.

7. But our egos, our belief about ourselves create separation From everyone believing they are the same. But this is just an illusion. Fundamentally we are all the same. We all journey through life, all experience joys, sorrows, fears, ambitions, friendships, losses. As soon as we see past this, 2 can become 1.
    Good night

More like I am I.. not I am more than just I. Not everyone has that "sense".. that sense of I am more than just I is a product of the human imagination, which is a natural product of evolution. For pretty much every aspect of humans and human nature, there is a natural explanation. We do have a natural sense of something more.. but different people apply it differently. Obviously you've applied it to God and "I".. I have not because it is a waste of brain. We also have a natural sense of connection to other who are like us.. and that comes from our evolution as a social species. Everything that is about me is a product of a natural, unguided, godless evolution.. so when you try to say that I am part of your delusional belief, you are forcing your belief over me. "We are all God" was the title and you said to discuss the title.. and it is utter bullshit. I would of paid no mind if it was an "I" belief.. but it is "we" and we is me.

No.. no it is not. The idea of I is I.. the idea of God is God. Don't mix them up so you can apply it to others like all the other ridiculous religions out there.

That is your belief.. not the belief of we.

It's kind of funny.. I actually see the belief in God, any concept of it.. is first a product of the natural human imagination.. then the natural human ego takes it and holds onto it because it makes their ego feel gooooooood. So all in all, the belief in God.. your belief in God.. is a product of the ego.

9. that you find on a farm with cows.

I know where your going with this. You're think too literally.

Anyways back to the sense of I, or the sense of self. We all have. why do you believe you are only the self? Is there not some ground this sense of self is felt upon? (In buddhism there is a concept about a ground, I suggest you google it, very interesting). Something that is receptive to this sense of self? How do you know you are you? How can you see your self without a mirror? What then is this mirror? You would have to be something other than yourself to know your self. In Hinduism they call it Brahman the unknowable for a reason. I call it God.

11. #51 VaWaveRider, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
    Argument from ambiguity. I could make the same claims about anything in the world. I could say that the Flying Spaghetti Monster just is. I'm sorry, I thought you would understand my answer about the FSM. Clearly Hitler wouldn't have done what he did if he knew the FSM. That doesn't make it true and I have the same amount of evidence you have to support your claim, which is none. I could say that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is clearly within our minds and ourselves. I could say that our minds and ourselves are the product of magical pixie dust, but that doesn't make it true. 

The crazy thing is that we have evidence that humans create gods. They do it to complete patterns and create an answer when they don't have one. Also, humans want to think there is something greater and some kind of infinite continuation. It's the ego that plays a huge part in your "god." I think that I'm a human, I will die one day, there is no magical force, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Enjoy your moment in the sun my man. If you apply magical forces, you are failing to see the universe in all of its splendor. 

12. Don't think of it as thinking too literally.. think of it as actually applying it. I've seen plenty of new age "gurus" in life who try to cop out of what they are saying by saying they're only speaking metaphorically.. but guess what, metaphors are meant to be applied to whatever it is that you're speaking on. The idea of everyone being God, whether literally or metaphorically, is asinine ridiculousness.

And no.. you would not have to be something other than yourself to know your self. All you need to be is yourself.. plain and simple. My self is grounded in my brain.. if you're going to try to say there is more to it and include everyone in your belief, then furnish some proof.. until then, apply your belief to yourself. If you want to use your ego to form a belief around God, have at it.. but keep your belief within your ego, no humanity's.

13. This isnt the science section, its the belief section.

14. Not like you ever cared about mixing the two before.. plus, asking for proof isn't just a science thing, it is a logical thing. The OP wanted other peoples' thoughts on us all being God and that is what I am providing. My thoughts are keep that bullshit to your 'self' and not automatically include those who it actually doesn't include.

15. I recall seeing you tell me and others 'keep this shit in the belief section and i wouldnt care, but its in the science section"

I find it fascinating atheists bother clicking on and respond to threads clearly marked as 'about god' in some way. You want to share your nonbelief system more than most people want to share their belief systems.

16. Herp, that was shit that was belief that didn't include me and wasn't scientific. Derp, the title of this thread starts with "We are all God". We includes you.. and it includes me, an atheist. Maybe I should add on to it.. keep your ridiculous belief out of science.. and when you post your belief in the belief section, don't include everybody else. Thinking that your personal belief applies to everyone is pretty much a textbook example of your ego controlling your thoughts and beliefs.

Plus, what exactly did I post that is science? The idea that you are your brain? Sorry child, but that isn't necessarily science.. it is a lack in belief of something more. If I were born how I was born but in a time before we even learned of the brain, I would still think that everything that is me takes place internally without any mystical, outside forces. When you don't believe in anything on the outside, all you're left with is the inside.

17. Everytime I try to teach people about what is ultimately compassion and empathy. But I guess it requires some deep level of introspection to see how they are related... No more I can do here.
    /thread

18. Don't you do the same? A person's belief would be regarding all things. It applies to all people and their entire reality, he includes all of his reality, but he's not imposing anything on you, it's his belief.

Nope.. I don't have a belief that automatically includes others. My belief regarding people is that everyone is different and they are going to believe what they want to believe. Since I have no supernatural, metaphysical belief.. I have no belief that I can force over others. You may have missed it since you decided to jump in at the middle, like usual.. but I said he isn't forcing his belief on me, rather forcing his belief over me. I don't care what someone else believes.. just as long as they don't inadvertently include me.

If I made a new thread titled "We are all the Devil, disguised by our ego, bound by the laws of the physical universe" and didn't say a god damn thing besides "Title.. thoughts?".. do you really think theists would not say a damn thing? No, there would be flack from the flock.. because they would be included in the we part.

20. If you think that, you are deluding yourself. You absolutely have a belief that includes others, everyone does. He expressed himself in his own personal way and was hopefully trying to gain insight by seeing others views on the subject. Perhaps find others who intuitively understand where she's coming from. It's fine that you are not one of those people, but there are others who are. You are putting down the beliefs of others and unknowingly, it seems, projecting yours.