We are all God, disguised by our ego, bound by the laws of the physical universe.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ganjaJeff, May 14, 2015.

1. title. Thoughts?

2. Didn't you already start an "I am I" threadh

3. That, my friend, is some deep shit.

4. I don't have an ego tho. Where does tht put me?

5. The lack of ego is usually coincides with self actualization. In the situation where a person might experience the process of self actualization, one inherently refrains from thinking of oneself as a separate life existence as anything else.

6. Would you consider yourself "self-actualized" in the context of Maslows hierarchy of needs?
    Or are you applying your own connotations to the term?

7. Eh, I have no use for gods.

8. God exists in the mind of man, all the ideas which people relate to God come from their own brain. They just cannot seem to figure out that such is the case. So let the animals destroy each other, they are so ignorant that they are willing to kill each other and force suffering over opinions on religion. Why save them from themselves? They have to want to be saved and they think religion has done that for them. No way God lets such ignorant and violent people commit acts under his name. Would you really want to be in heaven with these people? I say send me to hell even if I don't deserve it. You all are doing nothing but creating hell on Earth with your complacency and ignorance. Tell me everyone, what is the future of your children? Cleaning up the messes you complacently ignored, the climate producing massive hurricanes, massive die off of sea life from changing salinity and acidity, huge droughts and climate shifts from salinity causing ocean current changes. Enjoy the future you all are ignorantly running towards, it will kill you so you will have no worries. 

9. #10 Monkey55, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
    It is more of a reference to spirituality in the context of God and the universe. Either way, both uses can be applied.

The phase "I don't have an ego tho. Where does tht put me?," is very interesting. If one did not have an ego, one would not reference him/her self in the first person.

E

Estimated Prophet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQs22Kt-vZk

------

11. On a big white screen in a dark room billions of separate light particles are projected. These particles can be thought of as thoughts. Together these particles start creating a story called a movie on the screen, slowly the viewers gets lost in the story and forgets themselves. They begin to identify with the story being projected, they get sad when something happens to the hero or happy when something good happens to the hero. Eventually the photons stop streaming, and the viewers go back inside themselves.

In hindu psychology the "true self" is often referred to as the purusa, and it's only after the citta (mind) has stilled all of it's variety of vritti *thoughts" that the true self come to light. Like if a pond were the mind and thoughts were the ripples, you can't clearly make out your reflection until the ripples in the pond have subsided. I don't really like the notion "We are God" it seems to cocky to me, I prefer we are all aspects of God. I think to be identified with God one must gain clarity of thought and grace in action, not be governed by the ego or the intellect. God is balance, a lot of people have imbalances that drive them to do fucked up shit and so I don't believe they are acting in accord with God. I believe we are all made from the same fundamental stuff but I believe that the fundamental stuff has mystical actions of producing complex energy fields in the quantum realm which might make up our soul. And our soul can have a balanced energy or chaotic energy, balanced energy is in accord with the divine, transcendence, egolessness and chaotic energy is the manifestation of ego-oriented drives to try to find balance. But that's just how I see it, I might be wrong.  

I think you should smoke a bowl and chill out, homie. It's like five people on this thread and you're throwing a lot of hate at us for expressing some philosophical ideas, plus you're being very ignorant by thinking we are complacent due to our beliefs. Einstein believed in a god and he gave us modern physics. And we are not saying there is a god in the sky watching over us, we are saying we are aspects of god which means it is our duty to take action. Also Carl Jung believed it absolute necessary for us as a species to look inward at our true nature to make sound decisions and not be motivated by some subconscious shadow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aAbOgdbTbM

13. Just making sure we're operating on the same plane here ha.

Yes the statement does seem to have an internal paradox. Maybe the transcending of his ego is what he meant. I feel as though i have done that.

Self-actualized into true self. I may be just crazy tho

14. One of the things of Buddhism is that you have to learn to leave your ego behind. I've always thought that was an interesting concept and one I strive towards.

15. Buddhism doesn't play around with the concept of God, but another very enlightened tradition that does would be Sikhi. So check it out if you're interested, maybe see what those saintly people had to say about this type of stuff.

16. Continue your inner discovery. That question may or may not be revealed to you in this time and space. However, as that threshold passes, questions turn into understanding. The process of self actualization in the spiritual sense, is a process/journey. Your way will determine what lies ahead for you.

By accepting and Loving ourself for everything we came to be, we begin to accept and Love others for who they are and everything they came to be.

E

17. But we as in every single person on earth make up God, so We are God?

18. Well no need for me to say it now!

19. Beautifully said.