Hawaii shuts down Obamacare exchange

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BRZBoy, May 14, 2015.

1. #1 BRZBoy, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    The gift that never stops giving gave again today. Hawaii spent 205 million dollars on a healthcare exchange aka a place where you can sign up for ACA aka Obamacare. Well its such a complete through waste of money, time, resources in the coming budget for Hawaii they killed it with layoffs starting now.

There are 1.4 million souls about in Hawaii and they spent 205 million on what is essentially a server farm? HAHAHA You could of given all of those people healthcare, dental, vision, retired them with money left over!

So thats Vermont, Oregon, Maryland, New Mexico, Nevada, and Massachusetts that has thrown in the towel. The total amount is in the billions thoroughly pissed away.

All of you would of been better off simply having them write you a check.

A interesting note in that article is Hawaii's figures that they came up with was 70,000 is what it was projected for Hawaii's network to be self sustaining. Idiots out there only managed to get 37,000 and its free HAHHA.

This whole thing will be undone by the laziness of the person begging for healthcare, and gross mismanagement. Then its such a mess well you can kiss what used to be a concept you could campaign on to get votes good bye since you made it a reality and fucked it up so bad it should be a movie.

On another interesting note the man you guys cried for in 2008 gave most of those contracts to Mrs. Obama's buddy she graduated with that is VP of a firm called CGI Federal which runs Healthcare.gov. Do some reading at how large this company has gotten since 2008. Astounding.

https://www.atr.org/hawaii-s-205-million-obamacare-exchange-implodes

2. #2 nativetongues, May 14, 2015
    You could of given all of those people healthcare, dental, vision, retired them with money left over!

Good luck paying for healthcare dental and vision with 20 dollars a person. Now obviously I'm not in support of this, but the statement above is completely ludicrous. It costs on average just for health insurance about 200 a month maybe. Now multiply that by 1.4 million for 12 months and you are talking about very roughly 3 billion dollars to cover every single Hawaiian for a year of health insurance. I don't disagree that is an egregious waste, but don't pretend like we could solve everyone's problems with this money alone. It's not a drop in the bucket but it's certainly not enough to cover what you have claimed.

Edit: I Apologize but I'm an idiot and I thought it said 20.5 million. That being said this money would still only cover one month of health insurance. Either way though I apologize for jumping to conclusions before getting all my facts straight. Either way this shits ridiculous.

3. I don't see what the big laugh is about. It turned out they don't need Obamacare very much in Hawaii, what's wrong with that?   At least this is good news.     They should be celebrating that the exchange is not needed in Hawaii.  But if they ever do need it, then they can bring it back. 

Despite all the complaints, very few people are even getting their Healthcare from Obamacare exchanges.   I do, and it's not free, or cheap.  I pay about the same as a working person pays for their plan at work.   It's something, could be better, but in a country that came in DEAD LAST for healthcare in the industrial world, as the US did since 2002, any improvement is welcome, no matter how flawed.  

4. You are so stupid it is unbelievable.

You need to learn basic math, my division impaired friend.

205,000,000 / 1,400,000 = $146.42 

You could not give anyone healthcare, dental, vision, retirement and have money left over for $146.42. You couldn't even buy them a decent stereo for that. 

Wish you people doing political tirades checked your facts and math. smh

6. Now that's not very nice. Can't we all just get along?

7. I believe ObamaCare was just more cronyism and a money grab. My parents sell health insurance for 10+ years. According to them most the plans in CA cost more for less services or cost around the same for less or only very select doctors. The agents commission got cut in half while the insurance company's are raking in major profits. The ones who benefit from Obamacare are the Insurance corps not the ppl. If Obamacare was really about helping the public and not the corporations then there would have been a public option.

Just for fun I looked up what I would pay on Obamacare if I was broke. With my $300 a month subsidy it still cost $200 more then what I pay at work and my work gives better coverage.

8. Naw. She's been brainwashed by the liberal hate everyone everything is wrong everyone is racist and sexist propaganda

-yuri

9. I'm still rooting for the program, go socialized medicine! Healthcare is a right, not a privilege! Fiscal responsibility!

10. Tell that to healthcare professionals and doctors who spends thousands of dollars for years of training.

Lets get one thing straight. Healthcare is a service. It requires someone to do something for you.

Its not anyone's right to expect services from others, even health services.

YEA! free shit for everyone, Robin Hood style!

-yuri

11. damn the northern europeans and their humanity

It seems to be working everywhere else. Of course it wouldn't be free, doctors deserve a decent pay for their time and effort. It would be paid for by tax payers. Considering the amount of money being squandered on virtually nothing in other areas this isn't a big expense.

13. I think the problem is that our country is too damn big to ever have an effective form of national healthcare without terrible inefficiencies and waste. I'm not sure how practical it is, but I think it would be much more realistic for individual states to provide healthcare to their citizens. Like I said I don't know that much about health insurance, so this may not be feasible. Overall, either with the government or private corporations you are gonna get fucked over by greed or incompetence. Either way it's clear the system is fucked and that changes need to be made.

Oppressed Canadian doctors fight to save public healthcare.  Probably the same where you're at.

15. #15 fromTheOldCountry, May 14, 2015
    Maryland still follows the ACA, businesses are complying because it is federal law. You also comply on your returns when you either have insurance or pay the penalty, which has been about 45 dollars per person I think, different for a family. 

16. isn't that what health insurance is?

You can't pool all tax money together and then be mad it isn't being spent wisely. That's your fault for relying on central planning instead of voluntary exchange.

Too bad there isn't a way to, well, chose not to fund wars you don't agree with, and say, fund healthcare and education. Wouldn't that be nice?

-yuri

There is -

http://nwtrcc.org/

Not rlly. The healthcare system here is fine. Only two issues r shortage in doctors (bcus of high requirements for med school) and docs sending ppl home from the emergency room with pain killers when they're seriously ill.

In a country like the U.S, with its large population, buying your own (affordable) health care is for the best. But if you can't afford it the tax payers should cover the costs.

Over here we have a modest population of 9.5million so the gov. isn't having any trouble covering our healthcare. The cost is 25 million $ annually. Unemployment (8%) is costing us more than healthcare. Although I get my healthcare insurance via my employer and I'm, happily, covering the cost for my less fortunate compatriots.

More public involvement.

Would your docs fight to keep public healthcare if it was under attack?

That's what I was trying to say [​IMG]

oh lol, yeah they would, the docs are very pleased with our healthcare system.