Grown man stole 10 dollars from me in a store when I was 13...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cheeto Jones, May 13, 2015.

1. #1 Cheeto Jones, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    I was randomly thinking about this story today, and it pissed me off a lot so I wanted to share it.

Like most people I assume, when I was 13 years old I first started being interested in girls.  I remember one summer, I was talking to a girl I liked from school on MySpace.  She wanted to hang out with me that week.

When I was growing up, my parents weren't around at all and to be honest there were times when I didn't have a great selection of grooming products and shower supplies.  So as ridiculous as this sounds, I was so paranoid and worried about smelling or looking bad that I grabbed the only money I had, a 10 dollar bill, and walked 30 minutes in 90 degree heat to the nearest CVS to buy some fresh smelling body-wash and some hair conditioner.

When I was in the checkout line, I reached in my pocket to grab the 10 dollars, and I accidentally dropped the bill on the floor as I took my hand out of my pocket.  I saw the bill on the floor, and literally seconds after dropping it and seeing it on the floor, a 30 year old man behind me reaches down and picks it up.  I said politely to him "Sir did you just take the money I just dropped?"  "Nope", then he laughed.  I got really emotional at that point and started saying "That man just stole my 10 dollars" and the people in line just stared at me.  I feel like at least one of them saw it happen.  I said to the store manager who was standing across the room, "That man just stole a 10 dollar bill from a child and no one is doing anything about it."  And the man who stole it just started laughing more and said "I don't know what this kid's problem is".

So I was forced to put the stuff back and walk home empty handed.

Really fucked up story to me, I know it seems like something really small and something people would say "Why do you remember that or care", but it was like one of those moments in my childhood that actually kind of traumatized me and hurt my feelings so much.  I think that actually made me more bitter towards the general population. 

2. I would have shanked him, but I was a obsessed with knives at 13.

3. maybe because you asked him and didn't call him out on his bullshit.  I get it, you were 13 but you coulda stood up for yourself.. idk make them review security footage 
    doesn't matter now i suppose

4. #4 Cheeto Jones, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    Yeah, I honestly have anger problems from the amount of times I was fucked over like this when I was a kid.  It wasn't until I was about 15 that I started being a badass in that sense of calling people out on things.

When I was 13 I was a really nice and good kid and wouldn't go off on adults like that, I was always polite to everyone.

Just needed to vent a bit because I've never told this story to anyone and I've been pissed off about things from my childhood recently.

5. "See if you dont give me my fucking ten dollars back,in fact i want 20.im going to tell the cops you touched me on my special place".

Was what you should have whispered in his ear ;)

6. my inner white trash would have shown itself 

hell my temper was worse that age than it ever was/is. i'd have probably tried to whip his ass

7. Mean people suck.

(Nice people swallow.)

8. Thinking the same thing as i opened the thread but im 20 lol

9. I really feel sorry for the fact that you had nobody to address this for you. Where were you living at the time? It blows me away that a group of people just watched that go down. Whatta world

10. I got pissed just reading this, man.... Someone give the man some fuckin shampoo! He can still hit up that bitch I'm sure she's on Facebook!

11. I came across a situation as similar as yours a few weeks ago.

So I was walking home from the gym, and there was a guy walking besides me, he was a bummy looking homeless kind of guy, and a lady on the phone walking in front of me and this guy.
    A few seconds later I believe the lady went into her pocket to get something out and she mistakenly dropped a bill (I think it was a single bill and I am not sure how much it was) and as soon as she dropped it she turned back to pick it up but before she could the guy that was besides me just came straight up and picked the money up and kept on walking, this guy didn't even look back even when the lady was talking to him about the money, he just kept on walking fast and took the next curve.

I saw the whole thing happened and I wanted to do something about it but when I rationalize the situation the guy looked like a homeless bum and I thought to myself he probably has nothing too lose so who knows what he might do if I confront him about the money, he has some bags with him and I have no idea what he might have been carrying, he probably would have stab or shot me.

So I just kept on walking by like I saw nothing happened, I still feel very shitty even to this day for not taking any action
    Probably was a really scary and traumatic experience for that poor lady, so I understand how you feel.
    Just take it easy man.

12. #12 Cheeto Jones, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    I live in a small southern town, but not the "we love our community" type people... it's like 80 percent of the population is old, white republicans who are racist and always treated me poorly as a kid.

13. America's welfare system is to blame people.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #14 5cooby Doo, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015

A Little Kid, met a scum-bag-adult. Unfortunate no bystanders stood up for him. I would have knocked out the old heads teeth, or paid for the young kids products (being it was not a ridiculous amount).

...You would really go to jail for life, over a ten dollar bill?

15. Little kid had his money
    Man stole little kid money
    Little kid told everyone the guy stole his money
    No one interfered, and everyone just ignores little kid
    Little kid stab his ass for being a bummy ass theif

Nothing there illustrate that he will go to jail for live, don't wanna get stab? don't take other peoples shit, where I come from that how you don't live for long.

16. A 13 year old wouldn't go to jail for stabbing someone unless its in the neck or face and even then you could probably play it off as bad parenting and would just get put in a foster home.

17. Stabbing someone over a tenner regardless of the punishment is utterly ridiculous!

There very few things that would make me want to stab someone, and ten dollars wouldn't be one of them.

18. You should've accused him of molesting you.

19. Should have just kicked him in the balls and ran. Seems reasonable

20. When I was about your age I was riding a subway so at the enter I threw a coin into turnstile, it opened and suddenly an old guy jumped in front of me and stole my ride. I saw then how he rejoined his wife and grandchild and his wife said to a kid 'see what a grandpa you got'. Maybe she meant how cool he was or was being sarcastic I don't know. I was shocked, didn't do anything.

These days I just accept that people who will put their interests above mine, sometimes in the most radical manner, are a part of life and I accept them as such. Life needs to be handled not to get upset at.

In your situation the best handling to me would be to ask a manager to call the police or to call them by yourself. The police could have checked the shop surveilance then. Those folks in line even if they would rather help you had no way of knowing if you're making stuff up or not.