The Pennsylvania Senate voted Tuesday to approve a bill that could bring medical marijuana to the Keystone state. The bill now heads to the House for

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Capitalmonger, May 13, 2015.

1. Excerpt from The Daily Chronic:

The Pennsylvania Senate voted Tuesday to approve a bill that could bring medical marijuana to the Keystone state.  The bill now heads to the House for consideration.
    The 40 to 7 vote to approve Senate Bill 3 came after a brief discussion on the bill.   The bill now heads to the House for consideration, where advocates are hopeful it will fare better this year than the bill's predecessor last year.

the size of the vote is interesting...

title.gif

2. go pa!

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

3. HARRISBURG, Pa. -The Pennsylvania state Senate's bill legalizing medical marijuana has landed in a House committee headed by a Republican who opposes the authorization of any drug without the federal government's approval first.

House Health Committee Chairman Matt Baker said Friday he has no plans to take up the Senate's medical marijuana bill -- or any medical marijuana bill, for that matter.

4. I hope it passes in PA I really need to pass

5. The feds need to understand the money they would save by not housing inmates for mj

6. housing inmates is a money maker, why would they not want that?

7. Because prisons are homes for violent and killers never heard of anyone hurting or killing people for weed

8. I hope this bill is successful! :smoke:

If it is, I'd strongly consider moving from Kentucky to Pennsylvania, they decriminalized simple possession here, but since then we've been dragging our feet. I've got family in western PA and northern WV, and I'd love to be able to grow without having to worry about ruining my life by doing so.

9. If the real world did not involve money and massive greed above all else then yea I would agree. prohibition has killed plenty of people for weed and still does.