DIY Hand Held Electric Bud Trimmer

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by GoldGrower, May 13, 2015.

1. I have been looking at the commercially made hand held trimmers that are available right now and they are all ridiculously priced. No way would I spend £400+ on a pair of motorized scissors. So figured I'm going to have to make my own.

Trawling through the internet has been unfruitful so far, most DIY trimmers seem to be the table type, grid with a spinning blade underneath. These make such a noise I could never use one in my apartment.

Does anyone have any designs that they have tried? Or even heard of? I'm thinking maybe modifying a beard trimmer or tattoo machine. Both have a back and forth movement mechanism and both can be bought for about£4.

Any ideas and opinions are appreciated

2. As you said most people end up using Stainless wire and a Dermal. Using a bread trimmer might be the right path but i would suggest just buying an actual hair clippers. The beard trimmer is so small it would probably get gunked up very fast due to the resins on the plant (i use a high end one daily), Where as the blades and motor on a actual hair clippers are much bigger and stronger and to boot most of them will come with the guides so you could find that sweet spot so you dont get to close to your buds.

I just go the good old scissor method but it dose take me a considerable amount of time, Please post how this turns out as it seems like a legit idea.

3. About a year ago I got rapt by my customers for removing to much bud off the flower, I tried 2 machines at the time one was the Trim pro, and ....can't remember the other, I liked them very much, but again my customers didn't, so now I include the messy water leaves for free and have returned to the 'old' scissor method of yesteryear, beside what the hell an I gonna do with all that trim ....lol

4. Anyone try a pneumatic die grinder with a small wire brush tip? Tear them sugar leaves right off.

5. Oil / hash / budder / shatter. That's what you do with the trimmings.