Consciousness and the proof of mind

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by QiParadoxical, May 12, 2015.

1. How would you prove the yawning chasm, or fathomless abyss, the void that connects the mental with the physical?

How would you prove physically, the mental?

Does many minds exists in a person?

Is it possible, to understand consciousness with consciousness?

Are each persons consciousness equal to each other, or are there greater and then lesser consciousness?

Is self-exploitation the key to the next stage of evolution?

Is it possible to flex consciousness by mere focus?

Is consciousness the product of space and time?

Or the opposite?

You don't.

Neuroscience.

No.. unless they are clinically insane.

Yes.

No, yes.

No.

Maybe?

Yes.

No.

[​IMG]

3. First of all, what does "flex consciousness" mean?

Everything is also heavily dependent of how you define, certain words like mind and consciousness. 

4. I agree, it assumes a commonly understood definition which im not sure exists.

5. Self-exploitation is the key to survival

6. True

7. Or you can be like the u.s. govnt incorporated and exploit everyone else to survive! Hell its survived longer than any human.

8. Check out Roger Wolcott Sperry's split-brain experiments... won a Nobel for it.

I think that's silly.

10. This is the philosophy forum.  I was being philosophical.  Do you know what self-exploitation means?

Yeah, and self-exploitation isn't necessary for survival unless we, as a society, force particular circumstances on ourselves. There isn't such a huge need for sacrifice in today's society, but we are operating on outdated and primitive principles to require such a thing. I guess in this society, as it is right now, self-exploitation really is necessary, but if we look at everything from a few steps back, we'll realize it's unnecessary.

12. Perhaps you're right.  Maybe I don't know what it means.  I was thinking it meant taking advantage of your strengths to attain a goal but in todays society one really doesn't need strengths to survive, begging the public for alms seems to work just fine for many.

Bump. I know this isn't good for discussion because this pretty much answers your questions, but this pretty much answers your questions.

14. ^party pooper ;-)

15. Hmm.. Here's what i'll say to simplify all that out for you or at least most of it.

We all come from one infinite source, One infinite consciousness.
    Experiencing ourselves subjectively, Only to grow and evolve Collectively.

One Love

B4hBpo9IIAAGrzG.jpg

If only we understood what all them stoned Jamaicans and Hippies were always saying and talking about back in the day..

They were on point, Cannabis is the key to survive the corruption.

(A) class drug huh? I know why :)

16. Singularity... Spatial definition... TIME for space to take place.... Cobalt ice comets, magnetic meteors giving gravity a clutch, and acidic arsenic asteroids to give gas clouds validity. Solids l, liquids, gases and a divine spark of fate which allows forces to come together or rip apart with the strife and mannerisms of love.
    Brain stem, neo-cortex system, limbic system.
    Wakefulness, awareness, movement.
    Mass consciousness, Christ consciousness, and self awareness.
    3 is the solution to our binary clock and it works wonders on its own.

LIVE WELL ☺

Ok I want you to sit and do nothing and see how long you survive for.