2016 GOP and cannabis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by translucentlylucid, May 12, 2015.

1. that's just cause you're racist against Italians because of Maria's

-yuri

2. Christies the classic case of looking like a tough republican but really he's a fake. He came into nj saying that he would cut property taxes, and that was his main goal. Since taking office he's basically done nothing to lower taxes, except corporate taxes and a couple stupid payroll taxes. Like all politicians he tried to tackle the real problem only to realize it was outside the scope of what he could actually do in 4 years. Plus the guy is a giant ignorant fuckwad, when it comes to anything marijuana related. I get the feeling he's just trying to appeal to the fringe conservative basis, because he strikes me as a guy who doesn't personally care if other people smoke weed.

He clearly doesn't care what he puts into his own body, so I don't see why he should care about what other people put into theirs.

4. Anything that isn't a republican or a democrat is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

5. Joe Rogan rails on him, if you want a good laugh search it on youtube.

6. I'm not a fan but why do you say the payroll tax cuts were stupid?

7. Not stupid. I really misspoke in the heat of the moment. The biggest thing was he ran on the promise of tackling property taxes in NJ. I'm not currently a landowner but my dad pays 22,000 dollars a year in property taxes and it's only going up. Once in office he realized that there was no easy solution and basically just ignored the issue, which is what annoys me. To be honest though, I shouldn't be surprised that governor Christie didn't follow through on candidate Christie's plans to cut property taxes. It's one thing to talk about doing something, a whole other ball game to actually do something about it.

8. Do they ever (do what they say)?

Generally no, im sure there are a few expections. I think its...funny...obsurd...sad that people still have an iota of expectation for politicians. They clammer to vote this party or that party yet things never change for the better.

9. #30 dabbed2death, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    The only right wing politician i can see that GENUINELY cares about the issue of legal cannabis, is rand paul. No question. Any other republican is most likely lying trying to look good.

Most conservative politician have a pattern. They say they'll do something in one interview, than 2 weeks later in another one they change their position completely. Kinda hard to trust them. 

10. Are you talking about Republicans that may be running for pres or Republicans in general?

11. I'd say in general tbh. Even the conservatives here in canada share the same moronic right wing characteristics- anti science, very partisan, lying constantly. Though you don't even have to be a politician to act like a conservative idiot. Just look at Bill O'Reilly haha

12. how are conservates more anti science?

-yuri

13. Do some googling on republicans being anti science. For example, i've noticed MANY conservatives think climate change is fake, yet theres scientific data to prove the authenticity.

14. #36 yurigadaisukida, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
    no. They don't think it's fake. They argue that man has little effect on it.

They are not anti "science" as a whole

And what about liberals being anti gmo? Is gmo not science?

-yuri

15. Yes they do think it's fake. 

Since you decided to be lazy and not google what i told you to, I decided to be nice. So heres a partial list of right wingers that deny it, 

Pat Robertson

Matthew Hagee

Glenn Grothman

James Inhofe

Rick Santorum

Calvin Beisner

Source of List:http://www.rightwingwatch.org/category/topics/climate-change?page=1

Even the conservative gathering CPAC called climate change a scam!

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/industry-funded-cpac-panelists-climate-change-silly-scam-modern-witchcraft

And i will agree that yes they are not COMPLETELY anti science, but if scientific data impacts their partner (keystone xl for example), they'll deny it so they can continue to keep laws the same in order to maintain profit.

Sure, liberals are Anti GMO. Yes, GMO is science.

But see, you are comparing apples to oranges. Because, liberals aren't denying that food gets genetically modified- they know it exists because science proves it, they are simply against their food being modified. Hence, anti GMO. 

Just to clarify, when i mean anti science, i mean not believing in the scientific data.

Now that i have answered your questions, i shall move on to another topic, because this convo isn't leading anywhere. See you later!

16. Damn straight! Not much more to be said about that post. Fuck the politicians and all the sewage that spills from their cock holsters, liberal and conservative. They both want nothing but power and wealth at the expense of everyone who isn't them.

How hard is it to realize that they (government) does not and will not ever give a fuck about you? It's right in your face entry single day! Liberal, conservative, Democrat, Republican... they are all the same, just different lies. A gang of psychopathic liars who would sell their own mother for a re-election so they can continue their amoral, parasitic lifestyles work no conscience what so ever.

17. I think you are the only person here to launch more vitriolic anti-governmental diatribes than me. Kudos, i shall step up my game, i cant have you higher on their list than me. ;-)

18. Why thank you my good man.