2016 GOP and cannabis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by translucentlylucid, May 12, 2015.

1. Whoever the next president is, hopefully, will be willing to allow states who voted for recreational marijuana, keep recreational marijuana. I know a few of the republican candidates (Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio) both don't approve of legalizing cannabis, but both believe in states rights. Where as, Chris Christie wants to ban all legal cannabis the first day he's in office. Then we have Hilary Clinton, who is the primary democrat candidate, and she also is opposed to legalizing marijuana. So, who do you think is best for our country? I forgot to mention Rand Paul, a libertarian, who is up for legalizing medical marijuana, and if elected, he will most likely leave legal states alone. Let me know what your take on this issue is.

2. Pretty sure whoever gets elected won't try to revoke the right where it already exists.    Not out of the goodness of their heart, but just because I don't think they'll deem it worth the effort to revoke it.     It seems like a move that would gain them less support than dissent it would create.    The tax revenue recreational herb has created alone will be a large reason why states who have it won't want to give it up.

3. Chances of that are slim, marijuana is an eye-opener, i don't smoke too often anymore, but when i do, i see code everywhere like in the matrix. See through all the bullshit, and instead of cheering me up, it's often a downer for me. Hence, patents and regulations. But if they can't generalize a strain for the masses, I doubt they'll legalize it. Too many adverse psychological effects that are great for the individual, bad for the collective. Harder to assimilate a recreational user because their emotions are advanced into holistic creative forward mindscapes. So the chances are unlikely. Society is too gestapo for it be legalized, they attempt releasing society from captivity if that is to happen.

4. Even more States will legalize in 2016. Legalization is here to stay. It has become the norm in some states and they aren't going to let it go with out a fight. The Feds are going to be forced to legalize just because of all the States doing so. At a minimum its going to get reclassified.

Honestly where a candidate stands on legalization shouldn't be what makes you vote for that individual. There are so many more important topics. Although it is a good indication on that persons belief in personal freedom and or if they are bought by big Pharma.

5. #5 cdG, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015

The bolded is horse shit. Don't believe any politician that says they are for "states' rights."

The whole states' rights excuse is just a work around for politicians to try to pass laws at the state level that they can't pass at the national level.

For example, a politician will say they are for state's rights when it comes to abortion because they know they can't ban it at the federal level, so this way they can work toward banning it in their state.

Then they'll turn around and say they will do whatever they can to stop legalization of MJ at the state level, or make Oregon's Death with Dignity Act illegal. Etc.

They should call it "selective support for states' rights". 

6. These people are more concerned with their legacy. You have to ask yourself which one of them are willing to be remembered for legalizing cannabis?

7. I've been wondering what's up with my emotions.  I didn't realize they are advanced into holistic creative forward mindscapes. I should start smoking for my health so weed doesn't affect my emotions that way.  Just fucking with you QiP.  You're too advanced for me to understand.

8. #8 Lenny., May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    My opinion is that you should push for legalization in your own individual state, as that is a more tangible goal.

Don't rely on the federal gov't to do anything sensible. Republican politicians only tout states' rights when it's something they agree with.

I don't think the feds are much to worry about nowadays, plus the more states that legalize, the thinner the feds' resources would be stretched. 

9. Yea when do the feds ever do anything good for their employers? I wish i could fuck over my employer year after year and still steal a fat paycheck.

All in jest, they dont work for us anyway.

Im with lenny here. State by state we must defy the feds, let um know who is boss. I think we need to vote in governers who will refuse to comply with any federal bullshit that isnt specifically assigned to them within a strict interpretation of the Constitution.

10. The only candidate I'm concerned about is Christie, I could totally see him leading some kind of authoritarian crackdown on the people of Colorado and Washington. His attitude towards people he disagrees with is terrible.

11. Rand Paul isn't a libertarian..

12. You know what I think about 2016 choices in either party? Everything's fucked and everybody sucks. There are no good candidates with any hope of winning. 

I'd rather write-in Santa Claus than vote for the slop we're gonna be offered. 

13. Just shoveling the shit around

14. Dont worry i can run the election after this one. Maybe Disturbed will let you 'deify me as the new messiah'.

15. Most accurate description of politics ever.

Are there bridges in Washington and Colorado?

17. he looks like a crook

[​IMG]

18. such bullshit

19. No way, he has an american flag pin, he is legit.

He is just worried about the competition in the candy isle, thats why he opposes marijuana.

20. I absolutely despise chris christie