Would you pull a fuck it I quit moment at your job under these circumstances?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cheeto Jones, May 12, 2015.

1. Relax dude. You already have the other job, and if you ever want to use that company as a reference (which you probably will), then just quit with your integrity. Don't sink to the shitty level they operate on.

2. "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, your cool...and fuck you, I'm out!"

3. I took this advice, and decided to have some major fun yesterday at work.

I started dropping the whole weed thing on customers.  I would ask how they were doing, and they would ask me in return, and I'd say "Very stoned, thank you."  I started fucking up transactions kind of on purpose and would say "Sorry, I took some bong hits before I came in, bear with me!"  A couple of people laughed, but then this one old guy was NOT having it, and he told one of my coworkers (18 year old high school girl) "There's something wrong with him..." and pointed to me.

She came over to me and said "Look, I'm just going to tell you this flat out, you can't talk about weed here.  A lot of people smoke but the thing is they WILL drug test you and you will get fired.  There was a rumor going around that I smoke, and 3 managers asked me about it."

The thing is... I can't emphasize enough how much this job sucks, I don't want to give out the company name, but it's just barely above fast food.  It's less serious than a Wal-Mart job where you are actually drug tested.  So I told the girl,

"Bullshit.  They're not going to drug test me.  We make fucking 7.50 an hour, they're not going to spend the time and money to single me out and drug test me because of some gossip among teenagers that I smoke weed.  They're basically spending money just to fire a good employee.  I would love for them to come and ask me about it, I would call them out on accusing me of being a drug user and threaten them with legal action.  I've managed a company way bigger than this and know from first hand experience that managers do not give a FUCK if you smoke weed unless you're doing something such as smoking weed on the job where you can be a legal liability, or if you get injured on the job and it could be an issue with insurance."

The girl said "Look I'm just telling you that they're really strict about that kind of thing here."  I told her, "Lol, this is just your first job so you're overly paranoid.  I've been baked as fuck every single day I've come in here."

JUST to take things to a further level, I told one of the brand new managers, "Hey, I was wondering what manager I should talk to in order to start up a (company name) Marijuana Club."

He gave me the most confused and awkward stare ever.  "Uhhhhh, what?"

"You know, a club or just kind of network of people here who love cannabis?"

"... this probably isn't something you should be telling your manager.  We have a zero tolerance policy on drugs and alcohol here."
    Then he walked off.  He literally did not care beyond that point.

Didn't do anything too crazy.  I work again in a few days, will probably just call later today and say I won't be returning.  Unless it's worth going in and fucking shit up like taking a vape hit in front of customers or taking a shit on the floor.

4. Most places have a 90 day probation period before you're full-on hired.  If you're under that, and have a new job, don't sweat it.  Give 'em as much notice as you can, but you're probably not putting a one-month gig on your resume.  And even if you did have to, it's easy enough to explain that it was a bad fit (and leave it at that), and that a better opportunity came up, one that you couldn't really pass up.  

Just don't go getting fired or arrested on your way out.  

Hahahahahaha you're my hero XD

6. Gotta get some TP on the go to, dont wanna leave with shit all on ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Fuck that job dude. Do something hilarious, get it on video, then post it here for all of us to enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. #28 HiddenReality, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
    The answer is obvious man, what are you waiting for??

9. Just leave. Sounds like a shitty worthless job. Who cares? This day I age most companies aren't allowed to give legit "references" anyway, especially in such a mundane and trivial, high-turnover industry as retail. All they can legally do if another potential employer calls them is cofirm whether or not you really worked there.

10. You don't need to make a scene or do something ridiculous. Just quit dude. Not worth it in the end.

11. #31 honjgb, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
    sounds like you got a weak spot for them young women.
    tell her to do her own job.  [​IMG][​IMG]

12. #32 RVD420RVD, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    I was sick of people making me inferior just cuz I was behind the grill, B.

That's when I had enough and flipped off errone in sight. Besides this 1 old lady. She was chill

'Too blessed to be stressed'

13. Harmless clownery is good, like if you work at McDonalds just make yourself a meal and start chowing haha

14. If I were you, I wouldn't drop to the level of doing anything childish. I'd treat them as well as they treated you. In other words, don't do anything crazy to make a point, but go into work and tell them "Oh yea, by the way, I'll be leaving soon to take another job and I won't be able to provide a two weeks notice." If you want to see them squirm a little. Do it at the beginning of the day. That way, you didn't stoop to a childish level, but you are treating them as well as they treated you, which is not that well. 

Nevermind, too late. [​IMG]

15. Son that was a bad move. . Ok i understand shyt wage.. yet you gotta start somewhere. .now remember you cant usse them as a reference. .you cant make any mention of that job.to any other company ..what if thongs went bad .. not on your part but .the company.. and said wwe have to lay off.. you been on team 5 months.. they say 3to 5 month layoff.. youn want to stay busy. . You find out old JOB hiring Full n PT. flex wage has went up.. yet becuase of your actions. .you couldnt enter premises eeven for water..end of day.. DONT DO SHYT LIKE THAT..since you already have manup.. say ehh.. i was wrong went about this wrong.. i apologize for mi actions.for dont want to messup your business becuase of our relationship wasn't the best.. now if they where totally shyt shyt wagess treated you like shyt .. FUKEM.. you have the options..its on you... side note if i got wind of that bs in mi business even a weedshop.. i would likely kick your arse ..fir fuking up mi money's. .total disrespect. . Its not to be taking out on those who didnt have a part iin your work issues.. workers etc..

fukcancer we winning everyday we awake #teaamfukcancer #teamsarcoma. ..

16. Yes ! Take a shit on the floor ! But make sure u eat something that gives u diarreah first... Then leave without telling them, just stop showing up for work... Then a couple months later call them and say suck my dick u tricks...

17. Did you say anything to them about hiring for the position you wanted? I would tell the boss you got a better paying job and you're leaving. I wouldn't walk out on the job in case you need the reference for whatever reason in the future

18. #38 xgvjvhj, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
    sounds like you got a weak spot for them young women.
    tell her to do her own job.  [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Dont be no ones bitch bro stand your ground what that chick did was wrong and you should confront her lol wtf

20. I feel like quitting my shitty customer service job every single day... If you have another job option that makes you even a little happier go for it. I have no choice, if I did I'd quit in a heart beat.