When some people start smoking every day their personalities change a lot.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by GirlInTheWornderland, May 12, 2015.

1. I'm not sure where to post this so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place!

I was hanging out with some friend's and one of them is on a brake from smoking for a while, he was explaining how it's been refreshing not to be smoking every day and some other stuff and then he said something that got me thinking.

"When some people start smoking every day their personalities change a lot."

It got me thinking a lot, I think it's a bit true for some. I have a friend that I've known for some time and when she started to smoke every day, I started to noticed change in her. She didn't have a job and her family was giving her money and she slowly got to where she just smoked all the time and then started to crave getting high and I saw changes in her personality, she got extremely lazy (before she like going to work out sometimes, going out a lot more, way more chatty and other stuff)
    but when she wasn't able to smoke for awhile she acted different and seemed like the person before she started to smoke all the time.

I've known some other people that was the same way, when they started to smoke all the time they changed.

So does anyone know anyone like that or agree that some can be like that?

2. Some people need to get their priorities in order

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I can definitely smoke myself into a stupor-like state where I don't want to do anything but take another rip. The key is to have a job and goals to work toward, so your day isn't "get up, start smoking, smoke all day" and instead you get up get your shit done, then smoke at then end of the day. It's more enjoyable that way anyhow.

4. Yep, they usually change for the better. :D

5. Only if they can't handle it.

In that case, boo fuckin hoo.

6. #6 ShouldBeLegalInWA, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    LOL edited as was too stoned. 

Carry on...

7. Weed like everything else has to be used in moderation.

Weed made me more introspective. I've become VERY quiet and like being alone a lot.

Over smoking weed can make you think a lot, think yourself into anxiety and depression depending on your existing mindset.

Depression can make you lose motivation.

That's why people get weed and lack of motivation mixed up.

[​IMG]

8. #8 Deleted member 281310, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    lol what's the point of this thread? obviously some peoples personalities change when smoking everyday. it's why the term stoner exists. (don't come at me with arguments about you being a responsible stoner)

edit: i'm not implying that all stoners are lazy

9. People's personalities change over progression of life by the things you experience and the knowledge you gain. Smoking weed is another experience, like omega said moderation is key to everything. Even too much oxygen is dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I was like that. It honestly completely changed me and made me so dull and lazy. After a week of little smoking, I started feeling like myself again. I still usually smoke every day, but I'm not smoking ALL day every day anymore and I still feel normal.

11. I did but in a good way. I used to be a total dick and very adhd all the time but now I am a relatively nice person and also doing really well in college which is something I could never do without being stoned everyday. I've been smoking daily for about 6 years now since I was a senior in high school and it really did me some good. I had a brief spree with some unmentionables when I was 18 and 19 which ended up getting me into a lot of trouble but by 20 I went back to daily toking and occasional beer drinking and I feel that the weed was able to keep me focused on bettering myself and actually made me realize the negative impacts of some of the shit I did growing up.

12. I think it's a matter of their personal attributes. I have friends who smoke every day. they don't change personalities. Your friend just had more of a susceptible chance to abusing it. it doesnt label it as a whole to do it

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

13. I agree. 
    I'm far less aggressive now. 
    Changed for the better, no doubt. 

14. A few months ago I used to work full time and study 6 days a week. I only had a chance to smoke at 10 or 11pm when i had finished closing the restaurant. Sitting there watching Tv in my bedroom with a chicken wrap after a 10 hour shift at work and after uni was one of the best smoke sessions i ever had. Even though  i had a chicken wrap with chips as my sole meal every night for like 2 weeks straight (Manager was skiving and i was in charge) i still lost a ton of weight! 

Then i quit my job and finished studying for the summer. I was job-hunting but there was only so many ways i could kill time during the day, so i smoked and smoked. Wake up - smoke, 2 hours later = smoke. This happened all day for like 2 months. It made me a fat unmotivated person who wasn't even getting that high anymore. I got a job and was still able to smoke but it allowed me to have balance. Moderation is vital to any interest. 

15. #16 Oni~, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
    Spot on.
    I'd only point out that I wouldn't call it "mixing up" because as you accurately outlined, oversmoking can make you smoke yourself into depression depending on existing mindset. So no, weed won't make you depressed the moment you touch it, but if you oversmoke, you CAN get yourself into depression via weed. A bad existing mindset helps, but I don't think is absolutely necessary. When that happens, it IS the weed that did it, but it did it because the person was overdoing it, based on their individual circumstance. Obviously this applies to any substance that is abused, but I do find it important that we mention this when it comes to weed, as I would hate for young smokers to think firing up 24/7 CANNOT negatively affect somebody ever.

What you say about weed making you introspective and thinking a lot is another very important point to make. If a person is suddenly granted access to potent MJ and they partake over and over, then ultimately, the mj WILL open doors in their mind and pose questions that were not initially raised. It IS after all a major pondering substance, and as such has many people questioning the reality they find themselves in. School, job, relationships, existentialism, etc.
    How those will be handled once regularly high, is obviously up to the person and the amount of thc consumed, but it should be noted that it WILL create a mental shift in the smoker he will have to deal with ultimately. I look at it as life software the user did not have access to before. Now that he does, he will have to integrate it into his every day life and thinking, and it is there were we see the "change" in people who became smokers. It is a morphing of their mental software. For better or worse.

Sounds about right.