Black Ops 3 - Yawn, More Post Modern Shit.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Dalue, May 12, 2015.

1. #21 OOTROLLOO, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
    I'll take any of you on at WaW, Modern Warfare or black ops 1.

Attack dogz 4 dayz.

2. They should make a Vietnam war game, id buy that shit instantly. If I were one of the developers, I'd sneak in a forest gump scene easter egg for shits and giggs haha

3. same bro, Vietnam war style remake would fucking own

4. No shit, with realistic napalm strikes and jungle battles.

5. and foxholes with Vietcong dudes popping out and secret underground tunnels... If only...

6. #27 JaySteele, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
    Considering it was just DLC I don't think they could of done much better.  Definitely the best DLC I've ever thrown money at. [​IMG]

7. For years people bitched about it being WWII, then modern, now after no more than two games people are bitching about post-modern. People bitch about the same game being rehashed over and over, they give you jet packs, a double jump, sliding and running. "Waah, lame, we like the slow shit".

Make up your fucking mind people. Play it for what it is. It's an arcade shooter, a consistent one. You know what you're getting when you buy a CoD game.

8. CoD is a disgrace to the gaming industry and the bastard child of capitalism. Can't blame them tho, they're bringing home the bacon.

9. they soiled any shred of respect they would have gained from the first Modern Warfare.

That game was so damn good but all the others were so god damned fucking bad it counteracted it.

10. I was hoping for WaW 2. But instead, we get BO3 which from the previews looks like Advanced Warfare with a few differences. Makes me wonder if Activision's HQ is pushing for these stupid futuristic games, or if the devs are high on some harder substances.

11. lol this is as real as it gets, bitching truly is inevitable.  But with a household title like CoD, there's going to be a range of differing opinions on its direction. 

I used to enjoy the games way back, MW2 was my last game and then I just decided the series really wasn't offering anything new.  When games start to get on those yearly release I won't hesitant to get series fatigue, I can't comprehend how others have played like every CoD to date but to each their own.  

Honestly the same thing happened to me with Assassins Creed... Loved the first two, so much so that AC2 is probably one of my favorite games last gen.  I even liked Brotherhood, but the interest definitely started dwindling with that one; no coincidence that the annual releases begun there as well. Now here I am today with AC: Black Flag and AC: Unity that came free with my X1.  I've put about 5 hours into Unity but I just can't play that game for 45 minute stretches. I'm just soo damn burnt on those games.  

I usually go on just to run across rooftops then switch games, the parkour is one thing if anything that's actually been majorly improved upon since the start of the series  [​IMG]

12. You're all some noobs anyway don't let me catch you on the turf. 😬

13. #34 WherezMyLighter, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
    As many have already stated, as as many will, I will say it again: I wish this franchise would go back to their roots: WWII

Would be nice to see them flex on another title this way. CoD used to be so sick. It was a great multi-player game, good arena feel, rounded and balanced. Now they are just milking a logo. With the tech they have now they could kill a world war 2 title. And if they announced doing it, the old heads would die. But they would probably cater to the children of today's games and fuck that up. The possibilities are wild tho.

Dude you are so negative all over this forum. Always picking fights and shit, makes me feel sorry for you. Empathy is not my strong suit, but for you, I feel it. Just being honest. And it's been more than "two games". The franchise has disestablished itself from the fanbase it originally created.

14. Honestly, i would say that im surprised but im not, even though i am with how brazen they are. Theyre just doing their new formula: new COD x 9 months time span= at least a billion dollars from people, mostly kids, who go "wow!". Havent owned one since black ops

15. Anyone bored with the COD series should check out Rainbow Six Siege. Looks pretty fun and really focuses on teamwork. Evolve was a great alternative to COD as well. 

Personally I don't care much when the game takes place. But I get what you mean about the postmodernism motif, that market seems pretty saturated right now if you ask me. What matters to me more is how the game plays. 1 was better than 2 imo

17. #38 SergeantMeowstein, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015

We're good with a dozen WWII games for now, thanks. Also WAW already has a sequel. 

Gamers are whiny little bitches that can't be pleased, even if you did what they wanted. 

18. i was excited for this game since its treyarch but after seeing the trailer looks like theyre doing the same advanced tech warfare dumb shit thats boring as hell

we need another beast of a ww2 game 

19. I hate futuristic shit, after black ops1 they just ran out of ideals so they jus made some shit up and called it from the future