Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Starting with dabs/oils

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ALazyMonkey, May 11, 2015.

1. Hey all! Decided to post on this forum because I've got a question for anyone who has plenty of experience taking dabs. I've been an avid smoker for a while but want to start dabbing. I'm a fan of a STRONG high so this seemed like a fun step to take [​IMG]
    I was wondering if people could post their preferred tools and set-ups when taking dabs. I've browsed a little bit and gotten some info on what to get to take dabs but I'm looking for a more dead on list. So if any of you have any suggestions on what I should look into/buy; whether it be beginner tools or more high end stuff, lay it on me!

Thanks! 

2. Go to your local head shop and purchase a small oil rig, with a quartz nail (preferably quartz, otherwise titanium) and a glass dome. Now all you need is a dabber tool, it looks like a dentists pokey tool. Grab a titanium one for around 20 bucks, glass ones are shit and break and can crack, just go for metal. Now get yourself a butane blowtorch from Walmart for like 8 bucks, I use the big blue one. There are snaller, more portable ones but I can't be bothered to constantly refill those.

Grab some wax and go to town!

3. Thanks a lot!

4. #4 Dreadlocker, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    im newish to oil to. smoked lots of hash of differnt forms before, but i moved to  WA and u can get good oil here for 30/gram so it makes since to switch, less smoke, more potency.

for now, i just am using crumble or shatter and topping small nugs with it

ill be saving to get a pen next, and after that i will get a 14mm tiatanium nail or a quartz banger

edit: pens arnt for everyone. I am very active in the outdoors and want something extremely portable, which is why im getting a pen before a rig

5. Save some cash and buy a sub, you won't regret your purchase.
    View attachment 153490
    Perfect for vaping flowers or ANY type of hash.

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431589522.455070.jpg dnail 2.0 is a little bit better with concentrates. Its the best out there for dabs. Pukinbeagle nails are the best quartz and infiniti is the best ti

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. If you start with unmentionables such as blue glass... KFC is hiring.
    smoke grass meth junkies. Wax/shatter/crumble/BHO all rigged to not be a plant after it mattered. Go on, dumb it down!

Is this tweaker ramble or are you actually saying something you think may be important.

9. sorry to confuse you. the intent behind my hyperbole was, if you start smoking grass, you know what it is and looks like. you start with shit you can't even describe, you started on drugs.

10. So you believe using shatter or wax will lead someone down the dark scary path of hard drugs..

Thats neat that we eirher have a DARE officer or an editor for FOX news on the forums, hello.

11. No siree Bob.

Catch your tongue. Drug refinery is a process, like factorization. Tweak the scales for economic industry and Big Bro already taxes what you "create" after growing a plant first. Money is a machine. Pay it forward

12. yo just askin cuz i dont want to make a new enitre post...... seasoning gr 2 ti nail... i dont want to waste wax and i have no reclaim cuz this is my first time buying a rig? i dont want to use water seasoning. can i heat it up like 100000 times (not literally) or waste a lil wax to season but i dont wanna waste wax, and i heard grape jelly works? i

13. Don't use grape jelly.... You can either season it now and have decent tasting hoots or loose a little oil to the pores in the metal during the first few hits anyway and have several harsh ass hoots before it gets coated.

14. Everything you eat has chemically refined sugar in it, guess your already hooked on meth bro. Also how is "big bro" taxing the oil/weed I make/grow myself?

15. #15 BurnAFewDown, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
    Rig
    Nail
    Dabber
    Torch
    Oil

Simple

16. Hey thanks a lot everyone! I'm going to be getting a good set-up soon and enjoying myself. First hit is for all of you

17. big blue one?
    ..dont you mean a propane torch
    ??

18. Haha good catch, my man, you are correct I meant propane. Get that big blue one walmart sells it's like 6 bucks or something and lasts forever...it comes with the torch piece too which is cool. After your propane runs out eventually you can replace it with like $3 propane canisters.

19. wtf are you talkin about sun?

propane is poisonous, you need to stop spraying your nail with that shit.

20. #20 Rose Funeral, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
    Shit