Recovering from overfeeding in coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by dingdong, May 11, 2015.

1. Hi All,
        I'm 2 weeks into flower on my first attempt at growing in coco and I got a little crazy with the bloom nutes. Everything was cool with A.N. coco bloom at 3 ml/liter but I got excited by the new foxfarm stuff at the shop and decided to try the Open Sesame at 1/4-1/3 tsp/ gal along with the base nutes...A lot of the smaller leaves are very curled under. I flushed them and then gave them 1/4 strength A.N. coco bloom the next day, but I guess I should have waited longer because it made the issue worse. So I flushed them again and have only been giving them water with a little cal-mag and foxfarm "kangaroots" just for the micronutrients for the last 2 days, since before that they were showing a bit of "tiger stripes" on a few upper leaves, I think my ph pen was reading high. I recalibrated it and burned my plants, hahaha... . . They have not gotten any worse but I'm wondering if I should just use plain ph'd h20 and how long I should wait before I start to feed them again? Thanks... [​IMG]

2. How are you watering?  How often?  How big are the planters?  Is it pure coco? or a mix?  I have learned not to do the wet/dry cycle in coco.  keep it drenched.  water often.  always get atleast 10% runoff.   

I have also noticed to cold of water can cause issues.  Like your experiences, Mine always come at the veg/bloom transition.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 5 gallon gro bags, 100% coco. watered daily with room temp ph'd h20 to about 20-25% runoff. My mistake was using a bloom booster on top of my regular nutes. the plants are slowly recovering but they look like shit. buds are getting bigger but the smaller leaves are curled way under. new growth looks ok, still small but a bit yellow. I gave them 1/8 strength nutes finally today after 5 days no nutes, along with a little epsom salts, so far they don't look any worse.... fingers crossed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1