Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ate AVB pbj at night. Woke up and fainted.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MyHeadHurts, May 11, 2015.

1. Hey all,

I've been vaping for a while now and been smoking weed for years. I enjoy vaping so I decided to save my vaped bud just in case I want to make some sort of edible. One night, I put some AVB into a PB&J sandwich just to chill out. I ate it around 9:30pm and didn't really feel anything so decided to call it a night around 12:00am.

The next morning, I woke up really light headed and dizzy so I drank some water. I got up to go make coffee but got a minor headache and sat down on the couch, still feeling dizzy. I told my brother I wasn't feeling well and the next thing I know, I wake up to him on the phone with 911 telling him to lay me on my side. I figured I passed out and still felt dizzy with a really bad headache.

My brother told me I passed out on the couch and was shaking, so he instantly thought it was a seizure. The paramedics came and took me to the hospital. Throughout the whole time, I was still feeling lightheaded until I was on IV. My blood pressure was pretty low and I felt weak but not as bad anymore. The doctors told me everything was fine after a CT scan and blood tests and that it had to be laced weed and to stop smoking, weed does that, bad for you blah blah. They didn't think it was a seizure because I didn't pee/crap myself nor did I bite my tongue, and I remembered where I was when I woke up. The only downside was me feeling weak.

It was my 2nd time eating an edible, the 1st time (around 2 years ago) I got super baked and went to sleep but woke up fine.

I decided to take a break because I figured it was the smart thing to do, but every time I want to vape some of my bud, I put my vaporizer down because I'm scared another incident will happen.

So, I decided to reach out to my stoner community to get a stoner perspective. My questions are: It's been a week, am I safe to vape? (My vaporizer only takes 0.1grams, so it's not even much). What was the cause behind me fainting?

TL;DR: Ate AVB pb&j at night, woke up fainted, ended up in hospital. 

2. Honestly you fainting could have been something stupid. Your blood pressure is already low when you wake up in the morning, could have been dehydrated, low blood sugar. Or you could have just gotten up to fast which didn't help. I feel like it would be okay for you to vape just don't try edibles. Who knows the edible with avb could have just not sat right in your stomach and made you nauseous. 

3. Yeah sounds like a blood sugar problem, I've fainted after smoking and using edibles before but it was because of no blood sugar. I don't have diabetes but it's something to keep in mind, to always be hydrated and have sugar in you. You're safe to vape just be careful with edibles. And fuck thag AVB brown crusty ass weed lol

4. How much AVB did you eat? (So I know never to eat that much! ;))

The secret with edibles is to start with a very low dose and then work your way up until you find a pleasant dose. For me that is about 0.25g of AVB, but your tolerance might be different than mine.

Another suggestion for next time is to make a strained extraction so you are not actually eating the indigestible plant material. This would be less wear and tear on your system and less side effects. For example you could make a tincture, or make some AVB infused coconut oil, strain out the solids, and use the oil in a batch of brownies.

5. #5 Stoned Newbie, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    0.25 of avb now i'm curious, what color is your avb ? Maybe my avb isn't good because my bud isn't good at the beginning but 0,25 seems like a low dose even with non-vaped bud ?

6. My AVB is a rainbow from light straw to dark coffee in color because I like to vape lower temp in the daytime and hotter temp at night.

The reason I am suggesting low doses is because the OP was hospitalized by the last batch. ;)

7. I actually ate a lot. Probably around 1.5grams lol and I have a really high tolerance. Anyways, vaped last night and I was all smiles. Although I got some anxiety, I used cognitive-behavioral techniques I learned in psychology to calm down. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum