Need help with when to harvest ......

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by tommysupra13, May 10, 2015.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435334750.955069.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435334774.213376.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435334789.687421.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435334809.815192.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435334820.486804.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435334836.127399.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435361490.253896.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435361502.727195.jpg
    first burp I'm noticing the smell is starting to get better.

3. how often do you guys usually burp your jars for and for how long? also what temp and humidity is the room at that you store the jars?..
    I'm burping once a day for 30 mins at a time for the first 2 weeks then I plan on going like every two or three days.. does that make sense ?

4. Ya, that's good on the burping.
    The room temp and humidity should be fine, unless it's ridiculously hot and humid.
    But, a cool dark place is best.

That 'hash tipping' on your top buds means your plants are too close to the LEDs

5. yea unfortunately my plant grew way too close to my led. I tried tying it off to the side but it still was real close. it's suppose to be about 16 inches away from the top and mine was about 4 inches lol.. this was my first plant so I made all my mistakes. now I'm building a nice size room so I shouldn't have that problem anymore. ... I'm about a week into burping now the smell is getting a little bit better but still has a hint of that grassy hay smell... any advice on curing and what can I expect to see as far as changes with the buds? right now they look very dried out and feel dried out. will they gradually get better with time or did I over dry them?

6. They normally are ready when the stem attached to the buds are easy to break. Like a crispy Fry would be at McDonald's when you first get them.

7. Common mistake.
    You want to jar it up when the buds are crispy feeling on the outside, but the stem still has some give.
    Reason being, the curing process cannot happen when your buds are too dry. When you jar up weed that's too dry, (below 60% rh after sitting in a jar for 24 hours) the smell will improve but it is not actually curing.
    You want a hygrometer in your jars to read 60-65% RH after being jarred for 24 hours.

8. damn, I had a feeling I was over drying. I was worried if I didn't dry enough that I would get mold in the jars what you said makes sense. well I have made all my mistakes on this plant and now I know for the future I will have to set up a cure room with the correct humidity and temp and also buy humidity meters for inside the jars. thanks for the info big help!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just make sure to burp the jars for 30 minutes daily for about 2 weeks. 62% is the sweet spot so if you're reading 65%, maybe let the buds sit in open air for a few hours and throw them back in until you're at your desired RH.
    But shit man your buds will still get you plenty baked even though you over dried a little

10. What LED are u using

11. this was my first plant and I was using an Advanced led XTE diamond series 100 watt

• Like Like x 1