God heaven hell ?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Zachgy12345, May 10, 2015.

1. I agree about the semantics part but I think it is pretty clear what concept of hell the OP was representing.

2. People don't realise how much the true doctrine of Jesus has been tampered with. And their just not in tune enough with reality to recognise that any permanent state, especially one of that in hell, is nonsensical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You dont have to read much of the Bible to be confronted with this realization. But they are taught that the Bible is the word of God and it should not be questioned. I would like to know the truth about Jesus, but i suspect it can only be inferred.

4. #24 1Backlash1, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    If enough people believe in a lie, it becomes truth. It wasn't that long ago we still believed the earth was flat and that we were the center of everything, lighting strikes were acts of god, diseases were punishment to the wicked... 

P.s. saw something that said jesus may have been a Buddhist monk or other monk from India region. Just went around teaching good vibes. 

Fuck it I don't work tomorrow, I'll go see if I can find it. Later, gents. [​IMG]

5. Why do people believe in an egotistical, judgemental god who burns them if they aren't good enough? How many of us would do that to our own children? It doesn't matter how much we fk up, no loving parent would do that. Just like we find ways to discipline our children without the use of fire, I believe God does as well.

6. What if God Heaven and Hell was just something we use to cope with the inevitable ending of death? God is us, heaven is the earth and hell is our minds. We are the ultimate life form on earth. We ARE the God to all other living things. We pray to God for the dinner on our plates and for all the fortunate things. My dog thanks ME for the food in his bowl. Heaven is where all shall go after death.... I think that can explain itself but for you tards out there I'll explain. After you die your body is buried and left to decay into the earth that gave you food, water and oxygen. So dying is giving back to the mother that supported you your whole life and made it possible for life to exist at all. Hell is our minds because it's the one thing that gave us intelligence. Enough intelligence that we began asking the question 'why'. And all that does is make you know more stuff but find out the brutal ending to our life. Life is beautiful and I am so fucking lucking to be part of something so rare and possibly even non existent anywhere else. So for that I am happy and thankful. Remember man made society and intelligence but ultimately nothing controls Earth and whatever she throws at us.

7. #27 willywagpole, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Hell is a state of mind not a place.
    Heaven is a state of mind not a place.

God is another word for everything that exists in my opinion, We are a part of that everything, We all come from one infinite source? You could easily call ourselves gods but its just a word.

I believe in god but not the way as most think a superior being or a man in the sky religious nonsense..
    I believe in god as in Life, love, experience, exploration. educatiion, Mother earth, The universe and more..
    Existence in general

Just like trees on earth, We have hairs on our body
    Just like cells in our body, Earth has humans for e.g
    Same thing for planets and galaxys and so on

We are all one and are all connected and our thoughts, feelings and expectations are all a result of the outside world/reality.

There was a study where they got about 10,000 monks to mediate(focus, Imagine, feel) on peace and love for one day. That day 72% of all crime dropped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. There's a lot of things that are hidden from us, but we shall we out.

9. Hell is a concept too primitive for a deity as sophisticated and poetic as God. By the way God's real name is Gordon. Adam had a speech defiance so he said God instead of Gordon, and Gordon went a long with it.

10. a singular ‘thread' of consciousness exists thru all beginings and conclusions.. the continuous moment of now. expanding/absorbing into the void, leaving reality in its wake, as it ‘feels' its way into next grander versions of itself.

11. #34 willywagpole, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
    God is being itself, Not a being. - Eckhart Tolle

In other words God is Existence itself.

12. Gordon Shumway? Alf is god...I get it now

13. Positive.

What is it?

15. you are redefining hell.

You are defining hell as a "place or state of torment"

Which is different from a place people are sent as punishment

-yuri

16. These ideas come from certain religions whose sole purpose is to give power to those who created them (which make them useless by now.) These religions act as viruses: they subjugate, then propagate. They enslave your mind, prevent you from thinking for yourself, since the result of which will lead you away from the religion, and no religion wants that. It uses scare tactics (punishment in this world or the next) into tricking you into WANTING to believe in its doctrine. Then, it spreads to others through you, with the notion that other people must be "saved" from their own human nature, and can only be saved by you giving them your religion. Thus, the process starts over. Essentially, the religion consumes its host and spreads outward, i.e. subjugate and propagate. Just. Like. A. Virus.

The Truth is far simpler than that.