A question about god and heaven and hell

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Zachgy12345, May 10, 2015.

1. #41 helloeveryone420, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    So are you saying it's better to believe because it's better safe than sorry? If so, using this logic how did you choose between Christianity and Hinduism?

I'd say the believer has to worry too. They have to worry about wasting hours of their life with their hands held together for no reason, and attending services for no reason, and spreading debunked stories for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. #42 helloeveryone420, May 14, 2015
    Not really. Faith is belief without any evidence. I believe plenty of stuff and I have zero faith. I think having faith in anything is ridiculous. Why would you believe something without any evidence? You'd be getting scammed left and right

3. #43 helloeveryone420, May 14, 2015
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431611418.026309.jpg

Also, they have to make sure they're wearing the correct hat.

[​IMG]

5. Only the first part of the film is about religion, the rest is about conspiracies.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. It's been a while since I watched it but nonetheless its another real good, eye opening documentary. It's on netflix if anyones interested. 

7. And theres two sequels :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #49 AnonymousMarkus, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  9. no. The reason Jesus died is so you could.be forgiven of your sins.

The Bible doesn't specify which sins are eligible for forgiveness

The idea is if you truely repent and ask forgiveness you go to heaven

-yuri

10. [​IMG]

11. #52 helloeveryone420, May 15, 2015
    Nice alright, so here's my game plan: I do whatever I want. Then, on my death bed, I repent and go to heaven. :) That works right?

Just curious, would this have worked for hitler or saddam? What about rapists, satanists, murderers, and pedophiles?

Furthermore, if those people could've got into heaven, why can't the nice atheist next door get in? ....surely that friendly atheist deserves eternal paradise much more than those people, regardless of repenting.

12. The key is sincerity

As an omnipotent being God can see inside your soul.

But yes, even hitler could have gone to heaven if he truely wanted to repent. That's why its called forgiveness

-yuri

13. #54 helloeveryone420, May 15, 2015
    What about the kindhearted atheist who never harmed a fly, and didn't repent? Is he still fucked into eternal torture along with Osama, just because he's unsure if god exists?

That's basically the question I've been asking since I was young (long time ago :( )

After decades of analyzing the whole invisible man in the sky thing, I came to the conclusion that it's all bullshit because none of it stands up to logic.

The whole concept of redemption is stupid and nonsensical. Why did this alleged invisible man in the sky have his own son -- who he claimed to love -- tortured and killed, and if I believe the story, I can live forever? How does one lead to the other? It's completely illogical. And why all the blood and gore?

The older I get the more I reject the whole god thing and religion in general. It's fine for people who believe and practice it, but don't tell me I'm going to some hell because I can't force myself to believe a bunch of unrelated stories.

15. yes because all humans are sinners and doomed to hell by nature. Only through Jesus can one be saved.

-yuri

16. What a fuckin ego that God guy must have.
    What a fuckin ego that God guy must have.

17. #58 helloeveryone420, May 15, 2015
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431680231.707815.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431680184.379380.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431680171.322871.jpg

18. #59 helloeveryone420, May 15, 2015
    What about the people in the slums of Africa who have never even heard of Jesus? Are they doomed for all eternity, just because they have never even heard of repenting?

19. I think AIDs and ebola both answer that question