A question about god and heaven and hell

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Zachgy12345, May 10, 2015.

1. Alot of people say they believe in god but mainly because we believe if we dont were gonna go to hell. What if hell never existed and there was no such thing as hell. Would you still believe in God?

2. The 100% real answer is nobody knows. Not a single person. People have their ideas, brought on by their upbringing, experience, and several other factors, but nobody knows what happens until you die.

To me, I will assume that "life" ends when my organs stop functioning and the body begins the decomposition process, until there is solid evidence suggesting otherwise. A book written by 40 different people doesn't cut it for me.

3. I don't believe in God
    And if he'll is a place fuck that bastard what an asshole for having such a place

Seems like this world is hell though with all the fucked up shit he allows to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. You're going to hell for even thinking that lol

5. also known as jewish people

6. I do not believe in God, but I do believe aliens could have visited thousands of years ago and influenced religion (before you bash this just know there is more evidence that suggests this than there is for Christianity).
    If there is a God it is such a cunt to allow all the atrocities to be committed in this world.

7. Man if hell is real all us stoners are going there.

8. If hell is real dont you think everyone is going there? I already know i am. That is.... If it actually exists

Everyones a genius in their own mind

9. Why?

I consider myself to be a rather good human being :)

Lot of rubbish anyway lol

dude smoking anything is considered a sin. you would go to hell even if you fapped a single time, and i highly (because i'm stoned get it?) doubt you didn't.

11. Have you ever seen zietgeist? If not then check this out its pretty interesting

https://youtube.com/watch?v=G3i6UwVkP6M

12. If you only believe in a god because you're scared of hell (or whatever), then is it really a sincere belief? And if said god is all knowing, wouldn't they be able to see that your belief is not sincere? And thus, you'd go to hell anyway! :D Pascal wager.

I'm not religious anymore, but IMO, being scared of going to hell and pretending to believe 'just in case' is stupid. Believe what you believe, grow a pair and own it.

Ha, I know a guy who went to church every Sunday with his wife because, according to him, "If I'm wrong, I've lost nothing."

Giving 10% (or whatever) of your earnings to a church; having to go there every Sunday instead of sleeping or fucking off at home in your underwear, and pretending to be something you aren't, have a very real cost -- at least to me.

This guy doesn't go anymore, as of a few years ago. Haha. Fuck churches.

14. Even aside from the massive loss of time and money assuming they tithe (10% adds up!), I don't understand why someone would want to be part of a religion that they really don't believe in. I guess it being a cultural thing can play a role too. Just seems shallow and pointless to me. Yeah, I could be wrong, but for all we know every last fucking one of us could be wrong. What are you going to do, dabble in all religions to cover your bases and try to please the correct god? When if God was real and all knowing, they'd see through your bullshit anyway! Made no sense to me when I was religious and still makes no sense now that I'm an atheist. Yeah, of course I think I'm right, everyone does. We're all gambling, but I'm standing behind my beliefs.

"I would wage my soul to bet that there ain't no one throwing lightning anyhow."

15. Hell is yourself in the absence of love.
    Or a deranged state of mind.

16. #17 Greentrails, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    You believe that there is one God, good! Even the demons believe that, and tremble
    -James 2:19

Simply believing because you think that will be your salvation is not enough. Your faith needs to be genuine, if you truly believe and follow, your life will be changed simply by pursuing your relationship with God. You will want to be a better person, you will want to make those changes in your life. Not because of fear, but because you want to live your life for God and his glory.

100%, CK. [​IMG]

I was raised by very religious parents (who were the greatest, aside from the religion) and am still rebelling fifty years later.

I tell people I am "a devout agnostic."

Show me something, and I might be a believer. So far, nothing.

It gets more remote and sillier the older I get.

18. I thank you guys for all your opinions I thought this would be a interesting question to share with yall

19. If the Christian God existed, then Hitler and Jews would both be suffering in hell.

Fucked up sense of humor