420W SOG/DWC Green Crack Organic

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by hihl, May 10, 2015.

1. Sorry man I'm on my phone and auto correct.

I meant who did you first see use coolers? Do you have a link to a journal where someone has done a completely run inside of them.

Also I asked about air temp just to see what the difference was. Like if your res was 68 degrees and your air temp was 80 I'd be amazed. But if it's only 5 degree it may not work for what I need.

Just a soil grower asking questions lol

2. I first saw it on another forum where they had like a whole thread of people using them because they had water temp issues. So I liked the results and bought a few 5 gallon ones which the op of this thread saw and liked because he was having the same issues.
    They work really well and I'll post pics of my roots as soon as I get a chance
    Over the 3 years of using buckets for dwc I'm glad I switched to these coolers.

Just my .02.

3. #23 hihl, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    So far my little plant has done absolutely nothing......am i waiting for her roots to do some fancy footwork? Cause there is 0 action going on uptop.......i at least know the pant is not dead.........but its not growing either. Thoughts and comments?

Im also thinking about the initial shock of being put down into the chilled water may take her a few days to start doing anything. Am i correct? First time DWC lol

4. Be patient
    Took my clones about a week to show any good root action after the transplant
    Hell I'm just starting to see fast growth on my seedling and I'm 2 weeks in

5. Understood......gonna put on my patience britches and stop watching the paint dry. Gonna make sure my PPM and PH is stable see if i have to top up due to evaporation and LITFA!!! [​IMG]

6. #26 GoldGrower, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015

I guess it could be shock from the chilled water. I haven't ever chilled my res when starting seedlings. I always use empty water (pH 5.8) for the first week, but your ppm shouldn't cause any issues I wouldn't have thought.

Can you see the tap root still? Do you have your air stones directly under the net pot? 

7. Yea both the airstones are almost directly under the pot, and no i havent been able to see the taproot since i put it in the DWC, cause i put it in up to where it turns into plant instead of taproot. If you go back in the posts and look at when i planted it it looks just the same today as it did 2 days ago. But im just gonna be patient ^_^

Oh right, I thought I remembered you saying you positioned it with the tap root showing from the bottom of the net pot. How long has it been in there?

9. 2 days, i would have expected a leaf or something to at least change a little but i guess, ill update this in about a week. Looking forward to this ^_^

10. I wish i could take a photo..........i just inspected the little seedling under my 60x Jewlers loupe.......im not sure if anyone is going to believe me but its growing Trics......its freaking 6 days old.....seedling and its growing trics.........wtf is going on? bad genetics?

I was sitting there looking at it to see if anything was wrong with it.........turns out it has trics.......[​IMG]

Its been on 24hr light cycle......i dunno what to do. Do i just keep at this and see what happens? Or do i just start a new bean..............im kinda sad about this [​IMG]

11. #31 hihl, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    These are full on Cloudy trics......they arent even clear.............my camera on my phone sucks you can see the little tric heads but they are all Cloudy. Is this bean fucked?

And this is no mistaken identity of Cannabis hares or anything else, i know what real legit trics look like and this little girl has em........

Trics o.jpg

12. Subbed for the SK#1, I lost my freebie in soil to a caterpillar haha, but Im getting a 2nd chance

Really weird about the trichs, but I'd say just let it do its thing for now. Probably stalled while the roots find the soup.

13. Its slowly starting to grow now.....but on the other hand it has Amber Trics.........seriously can anyone give any insight as to what happened to this seedling to make it go into flowering somehow? Cause Clear/Cloudy/Amber trics are not normal for a seedling XD

14. I wouldn't worry about that. It's not flowering until you see pistils or balls. Tric production can happen before flower. Even males will produce trichomes. 
    You're just looking at leaves... The bud is where we focus our attention.

15. #35 hihl, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    So here i am at 8 days......still kinda upset at how slowly this thing is growing......i feel like in the end its going to be a waste of time.

8 days after being introduced into DWC.
    Still no roots showing, and definitely growing slow as hell

8 days ago

planted.jpg

8 days after introduction to system
    8 days now.jpg 8 days.jpg

Opinions comments suggestions?

Ive got it under 105w atm i have since the begining.
    PH has been stable at 5.8 the whole time.
    Water temp between  63-70

Do have to admit she looks like she might be ready to take off soon now.....one can only hope. If she does not start to perform soon me and my wife agreed that i will take it out of the DWC and put it into soil and on the back porch and wish it good luck. If its worthy of growing it will grow in the sunlight. Cause ive got Psycho Crack from The Vault on the way, and im using that as a medicine for my mother that has COPD. She has taken interest to alleviate some of her discomfort and also as a Bronchio dilator. So i cant be wasting time on something that is not going to perform. 

Will be making a tincture out of VG that she can have with meals and other things. Shes never done cannabis before in her life, but she always helped me acquire it because i have a medical condition called:
    Hidradenitis suppurativa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradenitis_suppurativa

And it has always helped me with some of my pain and discomfort.

Along with that i was born without my Right Pectoralis Major/Minor.

16. So as of today the cotyledons are turning yellow and the tips of the actual plant are turning yellow. So i bumped the PPM of the water up to 205. If its not better in a few days and growing faster ill bump it up to 300. And after that ill put her in soil if nothing else happens.

17. Personally I've never grown without a medium such as Rock wool or rapid rooter for a seedling and that's the only reason I can see why she isn't taking off
    But then I've never tried what you did so I couldn't say.
    Maybe the taproot was damaged during that initial placement?

Current grow
    http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/1367076-sin-city-seeds-dwc.html

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. #38 hihl, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    Ya know i was thinking about that, and as far as i can tell, its starting to finally take off. I bumped the Ca/Mg up and my Nutrient solution to 250 last night, and today its got new growth still no roots showing, but its finally actually growing. But if in 1 more week its not looking at least like my 3 day old Autoflower im gonna gently take her out and put her in some soil. And germinate some Green Crack my seeds came in the mail today and put one of them in some RW in my DWC. I dont think im ready to do plants without RW or some other kind of medium yet. And if i succeed at doing this then good for me, If not....i tried [​IMG]

19. My girls are at 3 weeks and still loving the 325 ppm
    Don't over complicate it
    I've also been told dwc could run at a lower ppm because their roots are always submerged into the 'soup' or whatever the stoners call it

I start in RW or RR. They don't go into a net pot until I see a root or 2 sticking out of the RW or RR. Then I put them in the net pot and top feed (usually 3 cups a day) with water until the roots hit the water in the res
    Usually about 4 or 5 days
    I start 150 ppm at day 10 and move it about 100 every week after that

Current grow
    http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/1367076-sin-city-seeds-dwc.html

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. #40 hihl, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Dont want to let anyone down, but im going to switch this grow over to a Psycho Crack ( Green Crack) grow under 420W (SOG) in the DWC, i bought a net to put in my tent, but im going to germinate it from RW.

This little girl Special Kush is going to go into the soil and onto my back porch. I need the Green Crack for my mother.....and for myself. The SK is more of an experiment, that i really dont see working that well right now. So tonight in a bit im going to mix my soil and get her ready. Take some tweezers and gently move Hydroton till i can get her out gently seeing as how her roots are not into the water or even showing yet. She will be good to go.

Thanks anyone that is following, or will still choose to follow after i switch the bean on this thread.