First Album You Appreciated High

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by gotpancakes, May 10, 2015.

1. We all know of the wonderful influence cannabis has on our experience with music listening. That discussion aside, along with the obligatory "Best Album High", I was wondering what some of you guys/gals FIRST album you enjoyed while medicated? Lucky enough, mine was Sigur Ros-"Agaetis byrjun". It was the first time I had ever listened to them! I had just dabbed up and random curiosity in hearing about them from others lead to what I can only describe as one of the most immersive, heavenly wanderings. From that point on I was purposeful in discovering new jams that delivered similar quality experiences. What about you? 

2. First album while high: Dark Side Of The Moon. What a stoner classic. From the mind blowing intro of Breathe to the mind bending lyrics of Time this album is just unbeatable in all ways. I can't even find another album out there that fits so well with the act of getting high.

First musician discovered while high: Buckethead. Best emotional guitarist out there for real!! Dude can shred the strings in one song and play you a melodic lullaby the next. Seriously haven't ever heard a guy speak so much with his music yet never say a word. If you want a song to listen to while getting baked I'd definitely have to say Soothsayer is on the top. Or if you just want to chill and relax, and float along the endless waves of the ocean until you find yourself, I suggest listening to Padmasana. WARNING: song might make you cry.

Comfortably Dumb

3. It took a while before I gave Dark Side of the Moon a chance. I was pretty clouded the first time I listened to it too. I had heard of it being associated with the pot culture for years so I figured I might as well...I don't remember where but there's this part with alarm clocks or something and its scared the shit out of me. Definitely a full on atmospheric jam to be had..

4. It's so good to listen to. Imagine being our age back in 1973 when Dark Side first came out. Such a mind blowing thought. And the one with the clocks is the intro to Time. One of my fav PF songs. You need to listen to 'Echoes' off the album Meddle. Super trippy song. Plus it's an amazing 20+ minutes. I seriously recommend listening to it after packin a fatty.

Comfortably Dumb

5. Paul's Boutique.

6. Pete Rock and CL Smooth - The Main Ingredient

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. It's weird for me because i was a metal head before I ever smoked and love metal to this day, and it's my music of choice, but when I started smoking at 15 in the early 2000s I started to love rap haha. I remember being 15 and loosing my shit over Dr. Dre's album 2001. Since then I got into a bunch of underground hip hop, that I still listen to occassionaly. I'd say once a year or so I go through a little hip hop binge but mostly I listen to metal. It's an odd combo haha, but i guess weed will do that.

8. Dark Side of the Moon

9. Jason Becker - Perspectives

I was learning the guitar when I first started smoking and Jason Becker was one of my favourites. I always knew this album was special, but while high it was like next-level mindblowing genius. This was the album I was listening to the first time I tried bongs which was like my 3rd time smoking. I was stoned beyond comprehension haha but I could never forget the magic of this album.

10. The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour.  It was phenomenal, Strawberry fields forever!

11. Outkast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

Bone Thugs N Harmony - E. 1999 Eternal

Dr Dre - Chronic 2001

Mac Dre - Stupid Doo Doo Dumb

12. Dark side of the moon

13. Pretty sure it was And Justice for All - Metallica.

14. Deftones - Adrenaline

15. Led Zep II ...hooked forever on both too...and wouldnt have it any other way

16. The wall. Holy fuck, what an album

17. beastie boys - pauls boutique
    eminem - the eminem show
    static x - wisconsin death trip

18. Emimem-Relapse

When I first started smoking my friend played me Must Be the Ganja while I was high as shit. I just remember it sounded crazy to me at the time

19. Haha i like that song, i honestly cant remember my first album i really enjoyed while high, after i started smoking i got into more edm i guess, but i remember listening to laid to rest by lamb of God one night and that was pretty fun to air drum too