Earthing (Apparently not New Age Nonsense)

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by NorseMythology, May 10, 2015.

1. You sir depress me. 

2. Sorry oni! I didn't mean to come off as Bragging. You can come visit whenever you want!

3. I literally just wrapped up a 3 hour teleconference about spreadsheets, numbers, and spreadsheets and numbers, with people in a windowless room, and then read your post.    :p

4. its the intuitive choice.

We know that it can be a mechanism and.probly is. And we have no reason.to believe we are taking.energy directly.from.the earth

Its nice to speculate but its not.like we have anything suggesting it as an option

-yuri

5. #25 Cannabelle, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    I'm mostly Hawaiian with some Asian roots. My feet are genetically tailored to hug the earth, soil, sand, lava rocks and surf board. Physically, I cannot wear shoes because my feet are so flat and made for earth hugging. In the mainland states, I wear flip flops in winter no matter how freaking cold or snowy. I don shoes or sandals with any arch or toe confinement, and I am crying in pain in 10 minutes. I don't know how non-Polynesians can thrive in shoes.

So I can understand how the earthing concept has ancient roots. No Prada for this girl!

6. Fake. Just like almost all homeopathic treatments, chakras, earth vortices, etc... The list goes on and on. There are tons of interesting things about our feet, this is not one of them.

7. Idk, But I feel damn good after I do walk in soft grass barefoot

8. I feel damn good after sitting on my couch for awhile. Clearly my couch must have some kind of magical properties involving quantum, ions, new age nonsense,blah, blah, blah. 

9. Feng Shui my man lol

10. You are right man. I can't believe I missed it. Perhaps the feng shui is lining up my chakras to create a harmonious balance. I don't have evidence it's true but I "feel" it. Haha. 

11. The only effective way to become harmonious with the earth is by having a Himalayan salt lamp, wearing a copper bracelet, and routine magnet therapy.

12. Salt lamps dont put out enough, if any negative ions to have an impact on your health but i love the pink/orange glow of mine.

Just need a copper or holographic bracelet and to put my magnets to work ;-)

13. Lol.

Ohhh all the bashing of energies, Chakras and the whole bit. Be open, but skeptical. Be assertive, not passive/aggressive. Don't be a fool, stay in school.

The funny thing is the dualistic nature. All this physical stuff!!! Energy? Naaaaaaaah, it's all in your head. Can't have one without the other young pup.

14. #34 willywagpole, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Yeah growing up i found out part of the reason my back was slightly crooked was from wearing shows/sneakers with soles. Rest is probably from radiation.

I wear barefoot shoes now and i feel a lot better walking, Though it does not compare to walking actual barefoot connecting to the mother earth and discharging all those harmful positive ions from your body. (When high you can notice it better)

Cell phones, cell phone towers, power lines, Wifi, computers ect.. Do most damage.
    People today are constantly being bombarded with positive ions from these dangerous electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs)
    Being grounded allows for these EMFs to leave your body and enter the ground, as the earth is an infinite reservoir of EMF fields.

The earth is also a limitless source of free electrons that pour into the body when it is grounded. This infusion of negative ions from the earth into your body, and the discharge of damaging positive ions, is critical for good health. Excess positive ions in the body are associated with disease and degenerative conditions. Negative ions are associated with health and healing.
    The more time you spend grounded, the less inflammation you are likely to have, resulting in better overall health and increased longevity.

Most cases these days.. The only reason people call stuff "New Age Nonsense" or call people "Conspiracy Theorists" Is because of their Ignorance. In other words a derogatory title to dismiss critical thinkers.

The eye only sees what the mind is prepared to comprehend - Robertson Davies

yeah probably has nothing to do with being in a low stress environment.

Its all from magic that the earth transmits into you through your feet and that magic is blocked by rubber shoes.....

16. not.magic

Science

:eek:

-yuri

17. #37 willywagpole, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    Check this out for negative ions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL8687C4308E914EBA&v=e27viliFtms
    Actual site http://phisciences.com/megahydrate-capsules
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFFP1WgdKSE (Also mentioned Mega-hydrate)
    Dr. Patrick Flanagan has done some amazing work throughout the years.

18. There is truth to this from just about every aspect you can think of. (the goat analogy was funny.)

Let's see, where to start... Have you ever smelled death? I had to do a project at an abandon hospital that was rented out for various reason. I walked into a particular room that had the smell of death in it. I had to immediately walk out. After looking around, I realized that we were in a mental hospital. I just thought it was a regular hospital. As I look in, I see a couple those metal tables, with drains, that you see in old movies. Then I see electrical wires and probes in the middle of the room. There was some crazy bad juju in that room.

Oh yeah. No one else could smell it. BUT, no one else would go in that room either.

Do you ever get that weird feeling when you drive up to a place or walk into a room for the first time? That can be why.

You are correct about the energies. I recently heard that scientists were able to record the Love frequency. I don't have all the details. I just thought it was cool that someone thought of even trying to figure out how to record emotional frequency (energy).

If we create kinetic energy and sound energy, that energy leaves our bodies. It has to go somewhere. Especially if, energy is never created nor destroyed. Objects must carry some of that energy. If you put your hand on the wall and have someone else, on the other side, talk to the wall, you can feel it. Only some of that energy is transferred to your hand. Some of that energy is going somewhere.

That vibrational sound will transform somehow into another energy form. Think about this. We need energy to live. So we eat food so our bodies can transform that food into energy for us. It takes energy to form thoughts and actions. Some of that food energy has transformed into thoughts. Thoughts are energy. Look into neural pathways. Those thoughts may very well turn into sound energy that comes out of our vocal cords.

To really complicate matters, you can throw in Light energy and Heat energy into the mix. :D

E

19. Some of that can be explained. The smell most likely because people who worked there smell it all the time. You become accustom to smells and don't smell them anymore while in the same place as the smell. Also the smell of death is essentially the smell of decay.

The feeling when going to a certain place is deja vu. Science is still working on that one but has some plausible explanations.

I'd have to see a link to a study about the love frequency thing to gauge its accuracy. Even science can be inaccurate which is why it relies on a peer review system.

Lastly, you should look into quantum physics. There is an old movie that some of the theories have been proven wrong, but for he most part its an accurate movie that explains quantum physics really well. Its called "What the bleep! Down the rabbit hole" and it touches on human emotions affecting the physical environment. The experiment used water droplets in a petri dish with a emotional word written on a piece of tape on the petri dish. Then they froze the water drops, and you can see some crazy patterns in the angry emotions, while there is beautiful simple patterns in the happy/love emotions. Really interesting stuff.

20. #40 Monkey55, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    Oh. I've studied quantum physicals, mainly the theories and just a little bit of the math. I understand a lot of it. It is fascinating. I've also seen "What The Bleep Do We Know." . The rabbit hole analogy is very true. I've studied time from various aspects also.

As far as the smell of death. I'm pretty sure that it was not organic matter because the hospital has not been used in over 60 years. That room was clean, except for the accumulation of dust like every other room. Maybe there was enough organic matter left behind to cause that smell that I smell and maybe it was undetectable to the human eye. I've smelled human decay before and it doesn't smell good. This smell was smell that I've only smelt one other time.

I've seen death too. Meaning... I've looked into someone eyed before and felt this overwhelming emotions of dying. Then, that person passed about 10 minutes later. The other time I felt this, the person passed months later.

I have no control over this and it does not happen all the time. When it does, oh man, it comes full throttle.

I actually have a heightened sense of smell and touch. It all comes through emotions. And is usually right.

I really don't know the validity of the Love frequency experiment. I just think it's pretty cool either way because we are changing the way we have perceived this time and place we occupy.

*BTW - I just woke up. So, grammar may be lacking a bit. ;)

E